bigs outdoor grow 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will send anyone in America a free pack of seeds if they can correctly guess the name of this species of plant

without a plant identifier app , puleeeeze

does anyone know what it is?

View attachment 303042
I know what it is now but I cheated so I won't say. I'll give a Hint,,,,, red guy with horns.😁

I agree Boo. Heat stress is what I see. Might need more water too.

what stumps me is if it is heat related , why are the other plants ok?

why wouldn’t more plants show the same symptoms?

anyway , I will nurse the sick one along for the sake of science…I want to examine the rootball and take a couple of soil samples for Ph

but yeah , heat and an out of whack Ph will definitely cause nute lockout

Yeah Big that is a good question. All my tomato plants are doing the same thing due to the temps here in Texas. But they are all doing it not just a few. The only one not doing it is in more shade beside my house.

Ok , no winners today

the plant is a million year old Devils Claw…good medicine too…check it out

checking out the garden this morning after some much needed rain yesterday evening

the mosquitoes have arrived in force!

sunrise inna gadda da vida
326959C9-AD38-446C-9751-F9409564D22B.jpeg

5E92958F-F1E0-4063-AA8C-E4F50852C86E.jpeg
FEEA056E-49DD-4AE0-A03C-5C31489E3F1B.jpeg

plants look happy from top to bottom

C68171E8-2A3F-4165-A4CD-D14FBACA40D4.jpeg

4A2FF2CD-3D6A-49E0-B084-1F3C44B08EDA.jpeg
B23A0BBA-A8DB-40F0-92D8-36C6A217ACF6.jpeg
44E2F7B8-72B5-445E-96DA-F2E7294520EA.jpeg

found a few voluntee males which the chickens quickly jumped on..they love the seed pods

A03A7D5C-C7C1-4A8F-A13B-686AB93DE27E.jpeg
201C1FDD-EF6E-49E0-A667-E94835303C36.jpeg
8377CCCB-8758-49E1-BFEE-BD6F4254D1B7.jpeg

that’s all folks!

Ok , no winners today

the plant is a million year old Devils Claw…good medicine too…check it out

checking out the garden this morning after some much needed rain yesterday evening

the mosquitoes have arrived in force!

sunrise inna gadda da vida
View attachment 303141

View attachment 303142View attachment 303143

plants look happy from top to bottom

View attachment 303144

View attachment 303145View attachment 303146View attachment 303147

found a few voluntee males which the chickens quickly jumped on..they love the seed pods

View attachment 303148View attachment 303149View attachment 303150

that’s all folks!
Big,
1. do you ever have to cut the strings on that net to let the plants push thru when they start getting taller?

2. How far above that net will they get?

3. How far is the net above the ground?
😊

Big,
1. do you ever have to cut the strings on that net to let the plants push thru when they start getting taller?

2. How far above that net will they get?

3. How far is the net above the ground?
😊

thanks for the Kind words ya all

1. no….I just raise it or lower it or wiggle it around to make everything fit..they have 6” inch squares which is plenty enough room to maneuver them around s nothing is in a bind

2. that is strain dependent….some of the plants are about 6’ foot tall now while others are still around 4’ foot….so yeah , some will still stretch and I am guessing some will be 3’ to 5’ feet above the existing netting……if most of the plants get that tall , like 3-5 feet above existing net , I may put another layer in there ……just depends on how heavy and floppy the colas get , that will determine more netting or even some 6-8’ foot stakes

3. right now about 4’ foot…….those t-posts with the white tops are 8’ posts driven into the ground a foot or two

thanks for the Kind words ya all

1. no….I just raise it or lower it or wiggle it around to make everything fit..they have 6” inch squares which is plenty enough room to maneuver them around s nothing is in a bind

2. that is strain dependent….some of the plants are about 6’ foot tall now while others are still around 4’ foot….so yeah , some will still stretch and I am guessing some will be 3’ to 5’ feet above the existing netting……if most of the plants get that tall , like 3-5 feet above existing net , I may put another layer in there ……just depends on how heavy and floppy the colas get , that will determine more netting or even some 6-8’ foot stakes

3. right now about 4’ foot…….those t-posts with the white tops are 8’ posts driven into the ground a foot or two
What do ya figure 1 more month to start their stretch?

This carnivorous plant that eats flies is called Venus Flytrap. The botanists that named it saw the flytrap and realized it looked like a vagina, which is why they added Venus (The Greek goddess of love and sex) to its name.

The plant is oval-shaped, has hair-like cilia, a pink interior, and secretes mucilage, which is essentially plant lube. Add in the fact that it has mashed-up bugs inside, and huge spiky ******* teeth, and we have to wonder if it didn't have some woman issues in his life. It's so angry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back