bigs outdoor grow 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small , only 6 plants , 2 have that mutated leaf thing going on very weird but should pull threw (almost look like freaks LOL)
I did not plant in ground needed to be able to move them due to workers being in yard. No sign of flower yet, very humid so I fear not a strong crop for me.
Found very small Cats already and have been treating weekly .
I think I should get just enough to get me through to next season.

good luck with those 6 plants and here is to a successful harvest!…..

what strains are you growing?…..and what are Cats?

6 plants per person here and we have 3 persons in our garden lol

but yeah , we only grow once a year so the harvest needs to be big enough to last us a year

and then there is the challenge to get a good yield but yet have 3-4 different flavors to avoid building up a resistance to just one or two flavors

so yeah , we are lucky cause we have 10 different flavors this season

if you are looking for a plant that has heavy yields , and who isn’t , the Snow Leopard does the job….plants do not get tall , 5-6’ at the most , but are they ever bushy with a radius of 10-20 feet!

and yields are excellent , 2-4 pounds a plant easy

our second go to yielder is the ecsd x Ogers Kush , but it is a tall Christmas tree , 10-12’ feet easy and yields are 1-3 pounds easy

but yeah , we only grow once a year so the harvest needs to be big enough to last us a year

and then there is the challenge to get a good yield but yet have 3-4 different flavors to avoid building up a resistance to just one or two flavors

if you are looking for a plant that has heavy yields , and who isn’t , the Snow Leopard does the job….plants do not get tall , 5-6’ at the most , but are they ever bushy with a radius of 10-20 feet!

our second go to yielder is the ecsd x Ogers Kush , but it is a tall Christmas tree , 10-12’ feet easy and yields are 1-3 pounds easy
Big - I've been meaning to ask you, and you might have said something earlier...I assume you start with feminized seeds?

I'll have to try that snow leopard out one year my next year is pretty full with the strains I have picked out now from you and oldfogeys donation. But I was thinking that ECSD was gonna be a heavy girl the Chem91 mix also looks like it'll be heavy? Input on that one? I'm thinking I'll get a few pounds of each strain. So my dozen plants if I'm lucky 4- 5 pounds with the og glue being the lightest yield....Unless something goes wrong I'll be set for a year🤞 🤞 ✌️✌️...
P.s With those freak shows next year I wanna grow some of your holy smoke strain if you got enough seeds to spare a few down the road.... Time to carry water fun fun lol

Big - I've been meaning to ask you, and you might have said something earlier...I assume you start with feminized seeds?

this is actually the first year we have used feminized seeds and we got them from goat and monkey seeds , Ive known the owner for about 15 years and he is one of the best growers ive ever known and I trust his gear

but for over 20 years we used nothing but regular seeds , plant a bunch , cull out the males , runts , and freaks , and hopefully end up with a dozen or so female plants

@kindbud…..yeah the ecsd and chems should produce a couple pounds each if not more

this is actually the first year we have used feminized seeds and we got them from goat and monkey seeds , Ive known the owner for about 15 years and he is one of the best growers ive ever known and I trust his gear

but for over 20 years we used nothing but regular seeds , plant a bunch , cull out the males , runts , and freaks , and hopefully end up with a dozen or so female plants

@kindbud…..yeah the ecsd and chems should produce a couple pounds each if not more
Yea they should but I don't have them in spots like you have yours
a fenced in backyard getting sun all day is my dream one day.... But I should get a good amount off that big 9ft Chem 91 mix prob get a pound or so off it and the others will be no where near as much we will see come October ✌️

some shots of the garden this morning

F60B93CE-767D-4A3F-BEE1-E729FE15F7D6.jpeg

6C633BB8-061E-4AF8-B4F9-00ACDB148901.jpeg

4802A00D-61C4-44D5-BD66-D70BEF801516.jpeg

for Brother Boo…..

9589337C-9E92-48EC-92AE-B59D3837CB62.jpeg

5CCAFE08-5172-49FF-926C-D2ADA66B4EB4.jpeg

8AA5DA03-5595-44F6-8B17-1532EC47D4BF.jpeg

3ADE0CB6-FDDA-4127-88E2-F3EFB0C80CFA.jpeg

Good morning Friends!

so yeah , this is a purdy plant , a Chem 91 cross , a little late to the party but coming on strong

CF0ABC64-E769-495F-9964-89BDF3B398F4.jpeg

and now for a closer look…..

7F7C439B-F6E9-44E6-AAE5-AC5ABDDD4E2E.jpeg

I am tempted to let him grow and harvest the pollen and make more seeds

but I will,resist the temptation and chop him down today and feed him to the chickens….😢😭😭😭

Good morning Friends!

so yeah , this is a purdy plant , a Chem 91 cross , a little late to the party but coming on strong

View attachment 305584

View attachment 305585

but I will,resist the temptation and chop him down today and feed him to the chickens….😢😭😭😭
Even the closer look is beautiful. sorry he has to go…🙃

Good morning Friends!

View attachment 305584

View attachment 305585

Did you chop it?? If you did do you have any pollen stashed away in a safe spot? I was gonna start a thread on it thinking about using some c. silver on the smallest OG Glue strain and pollinate one of the females next to it to save the genetics for another grow. I paid 100 bucks for the seeds from weedseeds xpress. But that spot got hit with termites then that Sephora spot a few weeks later. That double whammy killed what they should have been I do believe...... ...

But lmk about the pollen thing would be nice to save it...... And have you used the C Silver Mix to make some male preflowers??? Was wondering if it was to late to try it?

chopped the feck out of it and the chickens enjoyed it

no pollen here this year , we did the seed thing two yrs ago and we have tons of seeds for the future

$100 dollars for seeds is a lot

i do not do the chemical reversing , perhaps others here can answer your question

I'm pretty sure it's too late so not bothering with it oh well I'm almost positive it wasn't a have to save strain more of a indoor strain then outdoor found that out forsure gonna go check on them in a minute then gotta go grab some molasses and stuff at the food store

I'm pretty sure it's too late so not bothering with it oh well I'm almost positive it wasn't a have to save strain more of a indoor strain then outdoor found that out forsure gonna go check on them in a minute then gotta go grab some molasses and stuff at the food store
Found this on growweedeasy. It sounds like rodelization is a way to force a female to pop some nanners. Might be worth a try by leaving a branch or two on a plant or two after your main harvest to see if you can force male flowers from a female.

How to Make Feminized Cannabis Seeds Using Rodelization​

Pros:

• All-Natural
  • Very Simple
Cons:

• Unreliable
  • May not produce many feminized seeds
The Rodelization method is all-natural and is the simplest method to create feminized seeds, but it is also unreliable and may not produce much pollen. The premise is that some female marijuana plants will start growing male pollen sacs/sex organs if they’ve been left in flowering too long (past the peak point of harvest). This is a last-ditch attempt by the marijuana plant to pollinate itself so that it at least produces a few seeds. You can collect these male pods and use the pollen inside them to pollinate other female plants. You pollinate female plants by evenly covering their buds with the pollen after they’ve been flowering for 2-3 weeks. Females that are pollinated in this way will start growing all-female marijuana seeds. If you’re very careful, you can pollinate only some of the buds on a plant that will produce seeds, and leave other buds alone so they can still be used for consumption.

This issue with this method is that some strains of plants never seem to grow male characteristics naturally. Additionally, with this method, you’re selecting plants that have a natural genetic tendency to show male characteristics. This can produce offspring that are more likely to show male characteristics themselves which may or may not be what you’re going for. Lastly, even when you do get male pollen sacs from a marijuana plant in this way, there tends to be a lot less pollen than from a typical male plant.

The one great thing about this method is it’s completely all-natural so you can implement this strategy with an organic grow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back