Billy starts a new grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyK

Reaction score
Hey Now,
BillyK here. I'm getting ready for a new grow, found some great sponsors. Super Sativa Seed Club and Old Sage Seeds are allowing me to show off some of their fine gear. From SSSC we will have Friesland and Creeper regular and from Old Sage we've got Acid Patch Kids regular, autoflower.
I'm getting the garden room ready (it's full of veg and fruit plants ATM!). I'll be using felt pots a mix of leftover and new NFTG #4 soil, NFTG Roman regimen for feed, various benes like recharge, MammothP, AACT, etc. Also looking forward to playing with my DIY supplemental lights this grow. I was testing a light last time and couldn't use them out of fairness.
I hope you like what you see!!

Pictures, oh boy, not much to look at yet. . .
As you can see we’re just getting ready. Only one light running over the veggies.
This is from the security camera a few moments ago.
7488616A-A33A-43E5-AE9F-0F79EDDB6DA4.jpeg

Getting closer! Have the pots prepped, using recycled soil in them this time around. Mostly NFTG #4 with some FF Happy Frog. I prefer the #4 but I have to travel to get it, the Happy F is carried at the local Agway so it’s easy to grab some. 5 gal. felt pots are loaded, flushed with liquid bone meal (NFTG Herculean Harvest) and fed with some benes and food for them. They’ll be ready for beans tonight I recon.
The big news is the Super Sativa Seed Club beans have landed. A nice selection too. No Friesland but plenty of goodies!
D95E2E33-2481-4771-9A1A-EDF2ADF50371.jpeg

Hey Now,
Progress!
We have 3 beans each of Fat Pete’s Cookies from SSSC, and Acid Patch Kids from Old SageSeeds. I’ll be putting together a few more 5 gal. pots for some more goodies from SSSC.
The obligatory first picture here. Just some toothpicks for markers. A while back I had a f*#k of time germing and since then just started putting the seeds directly in the soil. Have a pretty good average since.
Some tomatoes ready for the garden in the background.
EA016C1D-ADA7-4EAE-A6C8-4C45282231C1.jpeg
CE3721F6-080D-4135-B3EE-6A18F3D2432D.jpeg
B4A73A12-42B2-441B-A42A-B009AC67A196.jpeg

I don’t doubt it is possible but for the cost of a couple extra pots and some more dirt, you wouldn’t be throttling growth. The only person you need to please is you and you don’t owe me an explanation. I simply asked if you were growing 3 plants in a pot. Take care.

I don’t doubt it is possible but for the cost of a couple extra pots and some more dirt, you wouldn’t be throttling growth. The only person you need to please is you and you don’t owe me an explanation. I simply asked if you were growing 3 plants in a pot. Take care.
Sorta odd post, maybe a bit of a thread crap, but I’ll give ya the benefit of doubt. . .

"And away we go!!" to quote an old comedian!!
As of this morning two Acid Patch Kids (APK) and all three Fat Pete’s Cookies auto (FPCA) have popped and are above the soil. Exciting times when they first show themselves. I started two more 5 gal. pots to get some more going. Trying a slightly staggered schedule this time. All autos so I don’t have to worry about light cycle.
Someone said pictures or it didn’t happen, so here ya go.
96DBBC0A-E146-47F2-B8F6-6109F9594D3E.jpeg
2203F060-53EF-47DC-A300-B49120CE0899.jpeg
0D654D00-A223-4970-9EE6-1A5A94EA796F.jpeg
B96A1C4B-7663-426F-9122-6C3800C579E3.jpeg

Last edited:
I am the master of crowding plants. mostly too many in he tent which I do every grow even when my intentions were different. One plant fills a 5 gallon pot with roots by the end of the grow I have found when emptying my pots after a grow. Can’t imagine having room for more than one plant not effecting the yield but I could be wrong. Did you get a good yield on your past grows with two plants in the pots? I crowd my vegetable plants too in my outdoor garden as I only have limited space in my two raised beds. I have good luck with this but they do have room to reach out their roots in the ground.

I am the master of crowding plants. mostly too many in he tent which I do every grow even when my intentions were different. One plant fills a 5 gallon pot with roots by the end of the grow I have found when emptying my pots after a grow. Can’t imagine having room for more than one plant not effecting the yield but I could be wrong. Did you get a good yield on your past grows with two plants in the pots? I crowd my vegetable plants too in my outdoor garden as I only have limited space in my two raised beds. I have good luck with this but they do have room to reach out their roots in the ground.
O heck yeah. Depends on what I'm up to. If I'm planning on two I use a bigger pot though 7-10 gal. This time it's three regular beans so I'll probably pick one and go from there. Will it be "ideal" no, will it produce, yes and usually quite nicely.
Here's a Karel's Haze x Cookies from SSSC. 3 beans to start, two boys, one girl. Nice plant produced a good amount of solid flowers. You can see the stumps if you look.

7A11769D-BE28-4145-AB50-BE8E00A6DB1B.jpeg
D87E0E37-1B27-4EAA-B418-B388AD6F0F0D.jpeg

Latest posts

Back