Billy starts a new grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey now,
Update time. Moved stuff around and fired up another light.
762A5D59-7BB9-4245-A844-FDD645F9D69B.jpeg

Fat Pete’s living up to its name. Looking nice as she packs on some weight.
4DA25E6B-74BC-4264-AAB0-62DA3E3C2EA4.jpeg
CBBED2A7-E539-4F2B-85A0-5937C0D8A2FE.jpeg

The other two hybrids are looking great too. Loved the feed last night, leaves up and praying just like I love to see.
60B9476A-6594-49C2-B0A3-9019FD321BEC.jpeg

Very cool. Can the Inkbirds be programmed to compensate for the variation of lights on vs lights off? It looks like that really threw the controllers for a loop for a few hours. I am sure that the rh vs temp vpd relationship is common in most grow setups but this looks very interesting especially if you can tweak it over time as you(or better yet the controllers) learn how best to keep the vpd in a tighter controlled range. Or is that maybe a function of the response time of the humidifier(assuming you don’t have a dehumidifier in the mix)? You could make some serious money if you packaged your system with preprogrammed controllers for sale with how this ‘homegrown’ industry has taken off.

Ya, the InkBird are out of wack. They are still programmed for 12/12 from the last photo period grow and I’m on 16/8 now for light timing. Having wireless issue with them that I need to figure out so I can reprogram them. Just need to remember to do it! The temp control is a good bit tighter than RH. I think that’s just the nature of the beast. I think I would need to use commercial grade gear to get that granular kind of control. I am exploring arduino and raspberry pi stuff for this along with lighting control (but don’t hold your breath!!)

Ya, the InkBird are out of wack. They are still programmed for 12/12 from the last photo period grow and I’m on 16/8 now for light timing. Having wireless issue with them that I need to figure out so I can reprogram them. Just need to remember to do it! The temp control is a good bit tighter than RH. I think that’s just the nature of the beast. I think I would need to use commercial grade gear to get that granular kind of control. I am exploring arduino and raspberry pi stuff for this along with lighting control (but don’t hold your breath!!)
Worked in the semiconductor industry for a few decades. The temp and humidity controls were really tight. Spent a lot of time watching temp and humidity feedback loops to determine when the systems would be stable for production. No tweaking the PID’s as the algorithms were designed to the nth degree. If something didn’t converge quickly enough, it was easy to id which module needed to be swapped out. It is cool to see a similar system being applied to this art.

Wow has it really been that long?
It’s been pretty crazy lately, but life is like that sometimes. Garden has been on autopilot as I haven’t had the time to care for it as I like. They still got fed and watered but show the lack I think. Also I’m using recycled soil so I should pay closer attention.
Fat Pete’s Cookies from SSSC is a super lady I think. The structure is marvelous I like her shape and the main cola / stem is nice.

45E1C064-968F-46D0-94F3-672FFDB4C5FB.jpeg

You can see they’re looking a bit hungry. The last slurry test was low proving that. Three in a pot doesn’t help much either I’m sure. Just can’t cull sometimes ya know.

Here’s the rest garden for this grow. The other crosses are ok, they’re showing my lack of attention, I’m a wee embarrassed actually, but they’re growing well enough and I’ll see what I can do.

C74C6D16-5445-45A3-AE94-F5961BFAD12D.jpeg
53F1E1DF-A2F3-4EED-BC08-3AEB7CA9A090.jpeg

Edit:
Forgot to mention next grow will be some more autos. Working on the line up now. Something new from Frost Brothers, Sour Skunk. That Sounds interesting. More to be added and I need to run some more Acid Patch Kids as the last batch was all boys.

Looks like you’ve got some nice bud action going on there. A few yellow leaves is normal but if they are hungry give them what they want. Nice to see the update
Thanks and true about the fans. It’s the overall vigor of the plant, they are definitely not all they can be. The production bean looks good the two crosses aren’t ready for prime time yet. Feed them, hell yeah, we are already at 1.6x feed level and getting some extra N. Oh and one big element other than recycled soil, no tea. I usually brew a batch every two weeks.

Thanks and true about the fans. It’s the overall vigor of the plant, they are definitely not all they can be. The production bean looks good the two crosses aren’t ready for prime time yet. Feed them, **** yeah, we are already at 1.6x feed level and getting some extra N. Oh and one big element other than recycled soil, no tea. I usually brew a batch every two weeks.
I got slack on my current grow in my flower tent not keeping up with their size prior to putting them in there. I’ve never seen such a site with sideways growing buds stacking and stretching with me hoping and a praying that I can keep them below the lights just a little longer. I’m surprised that even with my total abuse of them they are responding to it as if it were a challenge. It’s crazy in there I’m telling you… good luck with your grow and thanks for posting the good bad and the ugly. It helps us all.😎

Hey Now!
Guess what time it is?

E86C22CF-FE4E-4303-9A3B-5C2FCD8FD73A.jpeg

It’s harvest time!
I’ll be taking these girls down tomorrow. Need to make room for a new grow. Have a new seed sponsor and W00t! W00t! W00t! A new lighting sponsor! Getting a nice 600Watt LED to grow and show. Kinda like the one on the right in the picture. Psyched hardly describes. . .
Peace,
Billy

We got the Fat Pete’s Cookies taken care of before the grand baby onslaught.
Nice, should see a nice solid 6oz once dry. Nice tight flowers, very little trimming needed making for an easy trim. Should yield some nice solid nuggets!

5D4FECC4-2DF8-462E-87E4-7E66A3E3F08C.jpeg
C7464041-F55C-4819-B8B5-1AF5A8122FEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Something changed. I cannot upload pictures like I used to.

Figured it out. Pretty simple really.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back