Black Domina & Mint Choc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Just a few Domina's and one final Mint Choc from a 3 year old seed. It is a cross between a hermie Oaxaca sativa and Nirvana's Aurora indica. It will be a fem - they all were.

domina1.jpg

domina2.jpg

domina3.jpg

domina4.jpg

mintchoc.jpg

i got BD from oaksterdam and it had VD....lol i tossed her for root aphids and never saw a crop.

im curious to see this one

lookn happy miner!

Pure outdoor or greenhouse?

Greenhouse. They could be outdoor now, but I don't want to take the risk - I have choppers flying overhead every day, who knows who is in them?

From left to right:
Two Dominas in flower (the second from left is the best and has about 5 weeks to run)
then the Mint Choc, my low-yielding pheno, but it has a wonderful taste; it's also in flower.
then a Domina that somehow has stayed in veg under 13 hours of daylight (this seed germed at the same time)

Dom_and_MC.jpg

:ciao: leafminer..nice to see ya grow my friend..They looking wonderfull..gonna pull up a bucket and :watchplant:..and share this:48:

take care and be safe

Latest pics. Left: Domina in full flower. Next, largest Domina on the right, the one that vegged for a while, but now it is going into flower. Photo on the right, the Mint Choc.

D1.jpg

D&MC.jpg

mc.jpg

Nice Miner! Ever thought of croosing your Bdom with a diesel?

Nice healthy looking plants you got there. Hope you dont mind if i step in.. I am also growing outdoors at the moment, but no greenhouse. I see that you started seedlings... are you going to be running those this summer outdoor??? & also, How long are they into flower?
I was doubting if conditions were good enough for seedlings, but not no more. Yours seem to be doing GREAT!! Well good luck there buddy. Hope the sun shines for us all.

_The Doctor

the chef said:
Nice Miner! Ever thought of croosing your Bdom with a diesel?
I would have if I had any . . . I did cross it with that strange Mexican sativa last year and the result was OK but not spectacular. I'm not going to continue with the Domina mainly due to the bud rot, but secondly, because although it is a nice stone it isn't that potent.

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Nice healthy looking plants you got there. Hope you dont mind if i step in.. I am also growing outdoors at the moment, but no greenhouse. I see that you started seedlings... are you going to be running those this summer outdoor??? & also, How long are they into flower?
I was doubting if conditions were good enough for seedlings, but not no more. Yours seem to be doing GREAT!! Well good luck there buddy. Hope the sun shines for us all.

_The Doctor

I think the Domina is about 3 weeks into serious flower, but you know it was started at 12-12 from seed, so you can just check the germination date basically! The Mint Choc is 50% sativa so it is slower...

Here are the latest pictures. From L to R: Black Domina in flower from 12-12, Black Domina entering flower after veg, Domina x HPP hybrid in flower, Mint Choc (Aurora x Oaxaca sativa) in flower.

The two pure Dominas were both germinated at the same time. One went straight into flower, you can see that it's well along now, but the other, the big plant - it's about 4 ft now - vegged for a while and has just now gone into flower.

The smaller one should produce about 2oz of bud quite quickly (flower time 7 weeks only - no point in waiting longer, they go into bud rot before going amber) while the big one should produce at least 4 oz but it will take longer of course.

One of the other two was also supposed to be a Domina, but it isn't as you can see. It can only be a 50-50 Domina/HPP cross (the HPP was a local sativa I was given last year, I call it that because it had these amazing hot pink pistils).

The other is the Mint Choc, another 50-50 indica/sativa hybrid, but in this case the hybrid is between Nirvana's original Aurora, and my regressive hermie male Oaxaca sativa.

You can clearly see how the 50-50 hybrids have sparse leaves and they both have a 'pigtail' (colas up the stem) growth style.

DOM1.jpg

DOM2.jpg

DOMxHPP.jpg

MC.jpg

The Domina on the left has had it. It's the weather. I can't remember it ever being so hot and humid so early. These just aren't good at 35-40C. She's enormously sticky but a massive attack of some kind of die-off ocurred. I touch the cola and bits break off. I noted one of the leaves had become twisted, that was the first sign. Removed and cut down.

It would cost more in air conditioning than the bud would be worth.
My climate is for sativas; all the bud grown outdoor here is sativa. I happen to like indicas, but the climate doesn't really allow it in a 'bad' year. Three years back I lost an entire grow of Aurora due to the same reason. That's why I began experimenting with hybrids, to see if they would stand up to the heat better. I'm hoping that the cheese grow won't have this problem. The little autos are still all right but the leaf type looks very indica so . . . I'll wait and see. The big Domina seems to be all right but she's only just begun flower.

The big Domina is going like a train.
I cut all the damaged bud from the other Domina and saved about half the plant. It's been in shock of course but just starting to recover.
The hybrid and mint choc are both nicely in flower.

domina.jpg

mintchoc.jpg

hybrid.jpg

domina-half.jpg

Latest posts

Back