Black lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pot man27

Reaction score
I have 2 4 foot black lights on 5 sprouts and its been a week and a half and not much has grown what should i do get what kind of light?:confused:

Depends on the money you got.

Cheap go to wal-mart and get some 42W full spectrum compact florous for 10 bucks each. You better get at least 3. and some fixtures.

More dollars go to Insidesun.com they have an HPS system pretty cheap.

The only lights that will work are florous (not blacklights wrong spectrum) MH (Metal Halide) or HPS (High Pressure Sodium). They contain the right spectrum for growing plants.

To better help you we need to know the area size which you are growing. That will determine how many lumens/wattage you will need.
Also check out the grow guide that will be your best bet.

hey mutt , the 42 cf here at walmart is 4 dollars and 74 cents remind me not to move where youre living . is the 42 that you talking about put out 135 watts ?

2200 or 2400 lumens. can't remember which. The ones that are 4 bucks here are like 20 watts or something. Yeah, the only thing cheap where I am from is gas.
I always ignore those incadescent equivilent numbers because they don't mean squat when it comes to growing.

Yeah, I don't even have a Hydro shop within 60 miles and I live 15 miles from a fairly big city.

Latest posts

Back