Black spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizzy323

Reaction score
I am two weeks into flower and I notice I have black spots on the bottom leafs mainly...anyone know what can this be? Maybe aphids?

image.jpg

looks like you have a Mite infestation to me....can you look on the under side of the leaf with a scope?....I bet ya see little bugs crawling about...

Sorry bro

:48:

yuppers that looks like mites and their damage from here....

another vote for mites here...looked just like my problem I had a few months back.

SNS209 works ok for preventing them, but at this stage you will probably need stronger measures

Azamax works great, as a safer alternative to the many many chemical solutions out there. I found azamax to be expensive, but you do not need a lot, and usually just 2 applications is all you need to eradicate the infestation.

Keep in mind they will be back if you bring them back (ie from outside on your clothing.)

Change your clothes and brush your hair a little before you enter your garden, and keep others out as well.

I am not sure that is mites--check the undersides of the leaves for those almost microscopic little buggers. If that is mites, it is a bad infestation that will be tough to get under control. The things with mites is that they develop immunity to whatever you use quite fast, so it is good to have a couple of miticides in your arsenal and switch back and forth. I personally prefer Forbid and Floramite. Most miticides that work are quite expensive, but you can buy small quantities on E-Bay. They are also strong (ie hazardous substances) so make sure that whatever you use that you read the instructions well and follow them to a tee. I wouldn't mess around with anything like neem oil or pepper sprays, etc. An infestation this bad needs to be hit with something strong.

Budz is correct about bringing them in from outside. I live in the mountains and have 3 dogs. I am out in the foliage and fauna a lot and it seems like I battle mites more often that I should.

Good luck--we call them "The Borg" for a reason.

Major Thrip invasion!!!!! :eek: I guarantee, seen that too often :eek: Get a magnifying lense and you will see the little b!@#$&$. They will eat up your plants from the bottom up if you don't stop them right away. The greying area on the leaves is where they have sucked the chlorophyll out of the leaves. The black spots is Thrip ****.

Azamax drench (the soil/medium) with heavy mixture and spray down any lower parts of plant that down have buds. leaves and stems under canopy. give it about 8-9 days and do it again (but Just drench, don't spray anymore as buds will be getting bigger). Give it another 8-9 days and do it once more (just drench). That will wipe them out.

You can also get the yellow sensor pads that will catch the fliers which are adults. The fliers look like tiny gnats except they have longer, slender bodies. The sensors are good for getting the fliers but the Azamax will eliminate them as it is systemic to the plants and stops the bugs from eating and reproducing. Then after 2-3 weeks it biodegrades from the soil and plants.
Just be careful to not spray it on the buds as it will leave an oily sheen that may be able to be tasted. :)

Here is a link to some pics of the young Thrips that can be seen under a magnifying lense: hxxps://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=601&q=thrips+cannabis&oq=Thrips&gs_l=img.1.1.0l10.4972.6788.0.10706.6.6.0.0.0.0.101.536.5j1.6.0....0...1ac.1.32.img..0.6.536.A2MeeyUoQBA#imgdii=_
If you have real good eyes, you can see them under bright light, crawling around slowly on the leaves. On the tops and bottoms of the leaves. They are notorious for starting out at the bottom of the plant and eating their way up.

Latest posts

Back