Black Strap Molasses?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EsC420PoT

Hydro Indoor Grower
Reaction score
Was curious about this black strap molasses? Lately iv been putting my attention into organic soil grows, over hydro. And was wondering, what is this black strap molasses i keep hearing about? And why should i pick this particular one to mix in with my soil? Thanks :)

There's another thread going right now about this same topic.

Bottom line is the healthier the soil, the healthier the plant when growing organically in soil.

oh ya? can you send me the link? ill just tune in

EsC420PoT said:
oh ya? can you send me the link? ill just tune in

scroll down, check the "similar threads" links ;) EsCa'

:yeahthat:

Look into "earth juice Mollases" as well...I use the Black strap and the cost here is 7 dollars a jar...my Buddy Ray jay has the Earth juice...I think its cheaper. I may give a try next season..But He grows great organics so I trust his call..Take care and be safe

Try going to feed mills or such stores, I pick up a gallon for $2.50!

you guys say that like 7 bucks is going to break you lol! I just spent 150 on some nutes, I think 7 bucks for molasses will be ok lol. But, i guess things add up so, the cheaper, the better. So, for a organic soil grow, would it be better to mix it into the water and then water with it? Or to mix it into the soil before hand? Because iv never used molasses before, and i don't want to over do it in the soil and be screwed, where as a thing of water i can just change out.. thanks guys

1 to 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. Just mix it with your other nutes when you feed your plants

is it not better to mix your molasses using hot water pour into your water bucket leave for a few hours then add nutes.

EsC420PoT said:
you guys say that like 7 bucks is going to break you lol! I just spent 150 on some nutes, I think 7 bucks for molasses will be ok lol. But, i guess things add up so, the cheaper, the better. So, for a organic soil grow, would it be better to mix it into the water and then water with it? Or to mix it into the soil before hand? Because iv never used molasses before, and i don't want to over do it in the soil and be screwed, where as a thing of water i can just change out.. thanks guys

No 7 bux aint nothing..But when ya runningover 50 plants..you run through it fast..so lets see..this year I think Ive baught a Dozen atleast..How much does that add up too?...Do the Mixing as ozzydude says...I find its easyier to use a coffee cup and microwave some water to make the mollasses melt and then dump that into the water...I then bubble the water for 24 hrs or so...Be sure to addjust your PH after as Mollasses will drop your PH tremendusly(sp)..hope this helps...

take care and be safe
:48:

:ciao: Roddy...I found that it does...the mollase is so thick it sinks fast to the bottom of jug...melting it down with hot water Helps IMO...

take care and be safe

Ahh, we'll try this, I just stir and she mixes well. Open to better ways, THANKS!!!

not trying to hijack your thread but i didnt know molasses dropped the ph.guess it would be better to use that than ph down.thanks for the info,just read another post guess it would not be good to use for ph down in hydro

DAMN GUYS! THANKS! This was allot of good info. Exactly what i was looking for. To many to thank 1 by 1 so thank you all! So just put the molasses in a bit of hot water, stir it up,(let cool) then add nutes, and adjust p.h. and im good to go? And np ftw, not hi jackin at all ;)

Latest posts

Back