Blowing smoke on plants is bad??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
Blowing smoke on plants is bad?? Ive done it the whole time... isnt it just mostly carbon dioxide? which is co2, which people add to their grow room.
Anyone know the real answer to this? hick i know you do

i think smoke scares most living things...

and the carbon would probably effect the pores of the plant...

i would not recommend it....

interesting train of thought though...

headband said:
Blowing smoke on plants is bad?? Ive done it the whole time... isnt it just mostly carbon dioxide? which is co2, which people add to their grow room.
Anyone know the real answer to this? hick i know you do

Sorry wrong answer ;) cig smoke isnt carbon dioxide its carbon monoxide there is a difference carbon monoxide is the stuff that is found in car exaust and cig smoke, i smoke cigs in around my plants too it hasnt had any good or bad effect in the grow room but i try not to make it a habbit of puffing in there cause there end up nasty residue on bulbs and reflectors and such, kinda like your windshield will get in the car if you havent cleaned it in a bit. All that crap leaves a layer on things and can block lumen form getting to your plant :bong2:

Years ago, I heard about a plant virus called "Tobacco Mosaic" that supposedly is in all smoking products. I have no idea if that's true or not. It was supposed to be very harmful to tomato plants and could be spread by the smoke from cigs/cigars.

I've never heard of it causing problems with MJ. However, after doing a google on it, it seems that it *could* be a problem.

If you do a search on

Marijuana+tobacco+mosaic+virus

You'll see all the results I just looked at.

Not Tobacco, Dank Club Budss. I Hate Cigs

Yeah I've heard of that,
Tomatoe plants seem to get it fairly easy, and all it takes is a flicked ash or a cig butt in with your grow, and you could get hit with this mosaic virus. Wierd stuff huh ?
Coarse I just gotta say that if some friend flicked his cig butt in with my plants we would have to have a talk to clear up our misunderstanding ya know ?
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

so im assuming that it marijuana smoke is just fine. Cus its not like a cow knows your eating a steak.

headband said:
so im assuming that it marijuana smoke is just fine. Cus its not like a cow knows your eating a steak.

Hahaha, you ever look a cow right in the eyes? Poor little Porterhouses...I mean cows.

Other than the carbon monoxide displacing the CO2 and oxygen, I doubt it will do anything else. That would matter only if you did it all the time. If you have exhaust fans pulling out the hot air, it shouldn't matter anyway.

yea what we are doing by growing indoors is to try to duplicate Mother Nature in the outdoors. If Momma Nature made it so marijuana smoke nurtured her plants, She would have provided joints in the buds for the plants to smoke. I blow a few b-loads on her a week, with ventilation. Its probably not natural but it probably doesn't effect her either. :fly:

would kinda be interesting to see someone dome off a plant (male) and see how badly it does effect them. Make and intake that you can puff a cig or a J and exhale that into the dome and then have an exaust on it for a 2 min fresh air breather every couple of hours.Say 2 cigs an hour for the duration of what ever kind of grow it would produce after the change from normal growing conditions to the dome life :rofl:

One of my great enjoyments in life is to smoke a joint while tending to the garden and talking to the girls. I tell 'em how beautiful they are and how good they smell and how good they are gonna taste. Weird? Maybe...

i just hit the bong, then say the same thingss

I never smoke around the plants. Love em too much

ive never noticed a problem smoking around my ladies ,but started feeling kinda guilty ,haha ,
these are my babys i want them to have the best start in life ,like any breathing living thing :tokie:

I could take lessons here,

If I was the Marque De Sade maybe. LOL Let me explain this to you.
First you lull your babies into a false sense of security by establishing a good home for them. All their needs are met, and I don't mean barely. I mean were talking Hydro, or soil that is the best that each person can come up with.
You all but lay out a blanket on the beach, seriously you work to come up with LIGHT. You keep your babies warm, fed, watered, heck even given a gentle breeze. Even the sensuality comes into play. you talk to them.
THEN when they have matured you pull them up short, (ouchy), you start hacking their limbs off, (Oh-my God), Then after much admiration you hang them upside down by their legs in the dark with only minimum contact. This is just wrong. LMAO
After you have managed to get them dehydrated, you now practice suffocating them in a plastic or glass home, but you will pop the lid a couple of times a day sheeeesh.
In the end you put a match to it's butt and have high hopes, Ha-Ha-Ha

Yeppers I could learn a lot here. LMAO
smoke in peace ha-ha
KingKahuuna

I feel the same as all of you, i feel bad smoking by or around my plants...lol
but for some reason when im really high i talk to them and stuff....werid haha.

hahahh people have their different habbits. I like to give my babes a taste of what I want them to turn out liike, even though im positive it doenst do anything to help. I like being social with my plantsss

Hey,
if you fed your plants the mulch from other grows could you end up with mad pot disease ? LOL

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Take a look at it this way; Smoking causes corbon monoxide, this in return actually suffocates you. If you sit in a room that is constantly filled with smoke you will die from lack of CO2 and this is interesting as some of you might not know it but the body takes in CO2 and turns it in to O2 by the time it hits your lungs. Just a tid bit of knowledge:hubba:

Now you may not see a noticable effect on your plants. I am sure that the growing process is slowed though. I am no expert on this topic but think about what smoke does to every living organism on this planet.

Latest posts

Back