Blowing smoke on plants is bad??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so? what carbon monoxide with little traces of carbon dioxide. it all flows up out the vent anyways... but its bad. I can see how. But it probably doest effect the grow right, ill say 5 b-loads every 7 days? all out the vent.. fine?

Im talking about blowing smoke on plants. which would be the exhalation of the air we breath + the dank smoke (carbon monoxide) supposedly.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Exhaled air is rich in carbon dioxide, a waste product of cellular respiration during the production of ATP.
Exhalation has a complementary relationship to inhalation; the cycling between these two efforts define respiration."

i think we're making this out to be too complicated. if we exhale (weed) smoke onto a plant, we are giving it co2, some o2, buncha nitrogen, and broken down canabidols (sp?). the worst this could do to a plant is maybe make a layer of resin on it, which may hurt its growth by preventing proper gas exchange and transpiration, but overall, unless you exhale on one plant every time, this shouldnt be a problem. the co2 would help the plant, just like regular breathing would do co (carbon monoxide, created during the combustion of just about everything that burns) does nothing for the plant, neither good nor bad, and will dissipate fast enough unless we're talking about some SERIOUS chain smoking by many people in a closed area, and nitrogen in the air does nothing for us or plants. so basically smoking with plants does nothing, unless they truly have a psychological aspect we have yet to discover, in which case the effects of smoking on plants would still be up for grabs, but i highly doubt the existence of such an element.

Tobacco has a weird virus it can give marijuana plants... i'm sure one of the oldtimers knows more about it then i... i dont know the name.. cuz i dont smoke.

but... you shouldn't be smoking cigarettes in the growroom... it should be the cleanest area of the residence.

Take a look at it this way; Smoking causes corbon monoxide, this in return actually suffocates you. If you sit in a room that is constantly filled with smoke you will die from lack of CO2 and this is interesting as some of you might not know it but the body takes in CO2 and turns it in to O2 by the time it hits your lungs. Just a tid bit of knowledge:hubba:

Now you may not see a noticable effect on your plants. I am sure that the growing process is slowed though. I am no expert on this topic but think about what smoke does to every living organism on this planet.

Dude I know I just opened up a 10+ year thread but human gas exchange does not work that way we breathe in oxygen/nitrogen and absorb the oxygen molecules through our alveoli and goes into the arteries... Co2 goes into the spent gas already in the lungs through the veins while exhaling.

Take a look at it this way; Smoking causes corbon monoxide, this in return actually suffocates you. If you sit in a room that is constantly filled with smoke you will die from lack of CO2 and this is interesting as some of you might not know it but the body takes in CO2 and turns it in to O2 by the time it hits your lungs. Just a tid bit of knowledge:hubba:

Now you may not see a noticable effect on your plants. I am sure that the growing process is slowed though. I am no expert on this topic but think about what smoke does to every living organism on this planet.

Also, breathing straight CO2 would make your blood acidic and you would die from acidosis if suffocation doesnt get you first

would kinda be interesting to see someone dome off a plant (male) and see how badly it does effect them. Make and intake that you can puff a cig or a J and exhale that into the dome and then have an exaust on it for a 2 min fresh air breather every couple of hours.Say 2 cigs an hour for the duration of what ever kind of grow it would produce after the change from normal growing conditions to the dome life :rofl:
ARE YOU TRING TO HAVE A …..CIGGAWEED PLANT

No.
It will not harm them in the least unless you have one plant in a tiny closet and sit in there smoking 24/7.

Don't know if you ever got an answer on this, however I will share the knowledge I've learned with you:

Cigarettes/Cigars - Moderate and don't over kill, avoid as much as possible.

Marijuana - YES x1000 the marijuana won't just grow better it will get you higher, essentially as a baby you want to do this once a month but can do it two to three times a month, your plants do get high themselves as they breathe in your good old toke as you breathe out, the more you do this the higher your plant grows but if you over do this your plant will get too high and fucked up essentially think of it as you an adult, we have strong lungs and still cough as adults because it well hits our lungs, your plant will never have the same strength of lung size, you wouldn't give a joint to a 1-3 year old would you? Your baby plant doesn't have a lung system it won't kill it to give it a treat like chocolate cake (which it's like for them) but if you over feed them they will die because their bodies can't take it, watch for droopy leaves or extremely dry leaves as well these are your tell tale signs of a dying plant, at that point stop giving your kid treats and get it on a healthy diet if you are extremely lucky you'll be able to get your plant back to full strength.

Anything else you smoke - Don't ask me because I don't know about anything to do with it.

I don't know why people get so paranoid about growing marijuana isn't hard if you can plant any flower or fruit/veggie seeds and grow successfully you can easily do this, I have seen so many growers fight passionately about why their method is better, at the end of the day if your method works for you do it, I've had extremely hard luck destroying plants unless you don't water them and/or don't give them sunlight.

Latest posts

Back