Blue Mystic Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Havingfun

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Also thanks for any help.

This is my first grow with Blue Mystic. I have 9 Nirvanna fem seeds growing it has been about 5 weeks. They are all grown it MG soil. But they are starting to branch and very thick. But only about 8 inches tall. Should I go ahead and start flowering these things or hold off these slow growers?

Little more info. I am using 4' T5 bulbs. I adjust the time this morning from 18/6 to 24/0 to see if it will help. They look real health just growing slow. For fert I am using MG multi purpose I know a lot of people have had problems with it but no problems here other then if that is what is making them grow slow. But my 4 I grew that are 2.5' and in the flowering room did fine on it. Any input would be great.

Well after reading on here for 3hrs I just ordered Flora Nova Grow. Will stop the MG when the new stuff arrives.

the T5 should do just fine how far from the plants? IMO i would never wast my $$ on MG soil. go with FFOF or the flora nova if you could get subcools soil mix what size pots? also go with some better nuts more suited for MJ

good luck

Blue mystic is one of my oldtime faves. The 18 hour light cycle could be contributing to the slower growth. 24 / 0 is the way to go. Any pics of the setup?

The T5's are about 6" from the plants. No pictures of my setup it is pretty basic. Grow room is 4'x6' closet with 3) 4' duel bulb T5's with 20 plants. But most are just a week or 2 old so lots of room.My Flower room is the same just setup just 6) 4' T5 duel bulbs. I use 1g pots from start to finish. Forgot to add to the soil I also use 80% MG and 20% bat crap.

Should also add my other ones in grow that are younger are Ice/ Wonder Woman/ Swiss Cheese/ Snow White and NYPD.
Maineharvest how tall did you go before flowering?

I would say your under lite. You need about 100,000 lumens for that space. :)

It is possible that the MG nutes are affecting the growth of the Blue Mystic. that stuff is very strong in ways that aren't too good for MJ and not strong enough in other ways. It may also be that having the lights so close(using T5 6500K bulbs) is making the nodes grow real tight. That isn't unusual with growing under T5 lighting. How old are the plants? how many leaf nodes are on them and how tall are they?

As far as the 4x6 closet and lighting goes: you need a minimum of 3000lumens per square foot of grow area for vegg, while for flowering you need a minimum of 5000lumens per sqft of grow area(I recommend 7000lumens for flowering to get killer, dense bud nuggets). The T5 lights are great for vegging plants but the best flowering results will be had with HPS. In a 24sqft room you need a minimum of 1 HPS 1000watt or 2 600wHPS(my pick) to achieve really great buds. However, these HID lights will generate a lot of heat that must be removed along with the stale air in the space.

Do you have good ventilation in the closet? That is as critical as light and water.

They are 8-9 inches tall and are at there 4th and 5th set of leaves. If I got with the 1000watt will it cover the complete area?

I will use it in the flowering room not the closet. That room is 144sgft and lots of venting. Will see how that goes and see if I need to order another one.
Specs
Power: 600 watts (High efficiency)
Expected Life Span: 24,000 hours
Lumen: 90,000 lumens
Color Temperature: 2,100K
Contains 30% more blue spectrum.
Best choice for Plants Yield
High output, high luminescence efficiency.
Fit for all standard 600 watts HPS grow light systems
Fit for the Heliophile, such as Rose and Camellia, which grows better at longer sunshine time.

Pass UL and CE Certificate

Solarlux 600W Digital Dimmable Ballast:

Ok before it gets here and I put out 50,000 questions. My plants that are showing buds there are 4 of them how far away should the bulb be to start? Where I live it is staying 80 deg in the room and 70deg at night just fyi.

OK, so you are on your way :) The 600w is a good light but it does put out quite a bit of heat. you will have to make a way to remove the heat and bring in fresh air. You say it is staying 80f during the day with the floros, with the HID it will get warmer.

You said your flowering space is 144 square feet??? That is a very big space for flowering. I am assuming that you are using a spare room or something similar? What you will need to do is get some 4x8 sheets of the silverbacked insulation board that is at least 3/4" thick so that you can build a walled off area that is reflective so that you can get the most usage out of your lighting. Light tends to spread out in all directions and a good bit of it will be lost without having reflective walls surrounding your flowering area. You have a choice; you can either build a complete flower room that is an enclosed environment that is light tight or you can just enclose half way up to trap most of your light, but then the whole room will have to be light tight and maintain strong light discipline as you must not have any light intrusion into the flowering space during the lights out period.

It is also imperative that you make a way to cool the air within the grow space and refresh it with outside air or supply some way of recycling the CO2 within the space. Most of us here have fully enclosed flowering spaces with centrifugal type exaust fans that pull the air out of the space which then pulls fresh air in from outside so that it is refreshed with co2.

One key with the amount of light versus how tall you grow before switching to flowering; the bigger the plants get before flowering, the more space you will need, the more lighting you will need. The 1 600w will cover a 4'x4' well and give good bud growth. However, if you have a bunch of plants that you want to get the most from, then you will want to let them get about 12-18" tall before flowering(generally speaking as different plants will stretch different amounts). This will require more lighting to properly cover the space and give good bud growth. Technically you could flower them from starting right out of the ground but you will not get the amount of bud that you would get if you veg them long enough for the plants to mature some. When you put them into flowering is really up to you and how you decide to grow them :)

Don't worry about asking lots of questions, we like to help :)

Ok thanks for all the info. Yes it is a spare room and a walk in closet for growing and main room for flowering. So would it help to order a second 600 watt umbrella system for the flower room? To keep it cool I have a 10000 watt portable AC unit I am going to put in the room pulling air from the outside for fresh air and it is digital select so I will set it at 80 and leave it there.

I would definitely get a second light then for that. The ac will be key for keeping them within the proper temps. I would try to maintain an air temp within the plant space of about 76f. I would also suggest getting a couple small oscillating fans for circulating the air around them and for making the plants dance so that they grow stronger branches. I don't know if you have encountered the odor of growing MJ before but it gets powerful and will cling to everything and will travel a long distance. If you are in a non-legal grow state/country then you will absolutely need carbon filtration to scrub the odors out of the air.

I would suggest getting at least one of these: http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/phat-24x6-500-cfm-carbon-filter-p-3018.html
And you will need one of these:http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/vortex-inch-449-cfm-high-power-inline-fan-p-353.html

If you are going to run the whole room and just close in enough of the area with reflective material to save some lumens then you can stand the filter up on end and set the exaust fan right on top of it so that it pulls the air through the filter and keeps it scrubbed so that you don't have to worry about odors getting outside of the house. :)

I have a tower oscillating fan in the veg area and one in the grow room. This is a umbrella type light so the fan in the link would not work.

You wouldn't use the fan in the standard way of connecting the fan to the lights and then to the filter. you would connect the fan directly to the filter so that it is pulling out of the filter and then just set that up somewhere in the flowering room so that it will scrub the internal air of the odors coming off the plants. And with the dust filter on the canister, you will also be scrubbing the air of dust and possible airbourne mildew spores (and errant pollin). :)

Latest posts

Back