Blueberry, a good first time grower strain?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle244948

Reaction score
I am about to start growing indoors for the first time, and I was just wondering if Dutch Passion Feminized Blueberry seeds would be a good choice for a first time grower. I would like to purchase feiminized seeds just for the fact that I have a small grow room (closet) and I want to make sure all the plants I do grow are female. If there is a better strain of feminized seeds out please fill me in. I have just heard that blueberry is a very easy strain to maintain with low problems and decent yields. Any input would be great, thanks.

I would use whatever you can get your hands on, especially if this will be your first grow and free seeds from friends are better, there is quite a few things your gonna learn and if you make an mistake you dont want your best plant to become a sucky plant... Its my first grow at 7 weeks and I think I am doing pretty well, the folks here are super helpful but cant wait to see the final product... I dont even know what strain it is... at first it looked like weed that would grow in my flower garden, now one of them is a really sexy looking...actually they are all sexy looking even if they are males, but Ill toss those out very soon...

So since it's my first time growing, should I just use a seed from a decent strain (let's say good mids or a hydro seed)? I was thinking that but I only plan on growing 2-3 plants on this first grow. Any more suggestions?

so grow 2 -3 decent ones out first till you get the hang of it and understand the care and attension your babies will need... I didn't buy my seeds, but the next grow I sure will with some added tools, plus I really didn't realize the amount of intial cost of buying the lights and soil and sticky sticks, ph tester, and that was the drop test ph tester, ph down, and making or building your carbon filter etc etc... If you got the money I guess you can go ahead and play and learn from it.. I guess this would be your own opionion weather you want to buy that seed or not or try something else, im sure maybe there is someone else you may think different out there...

i would also recommend using bag seed. spending 10 bucks a seed on your first grow is a lot like throwing away 10 dollars for every seed you put in the ground. grow a few grows with free seeds, once you KNOW what your doing and your indoor environment is as close to perfect as it can get....then start spending money on seeds. do whatever you want. but i know most of the time people that start a first grow....the plants dont live long enough to determine sex anyway. just something to consider. but all the reading you can do still doesnt REALLY teach you how to grow. have to get your hands dirty first before you start to take any money risks......hope your grow goes great. if you start a journal you can get lots of help from us...we will just know much more about your setup!

thanks a lot i might go the route you guys are talking about and see what happen. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back