Blueberry punch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hushpuppy said:
Alas, my BBP scrog is no more. I noticed that they had stopped growing and were just sitting there. I pulled the plants out of the totes and found fungus gnats had destroyed the roots on them, so rather than trying to save them and lose a lot of time in the process, I decided to yank them to make room for the new girls that I will set this weekend. I would have posted pics but didn't have my camera when I went to the cabinets. :cry: But tomorrow is another year and I will get some new girls going soon. :)

Oh, so sorry, what a big disappointment. Green, no gnat, mojo for the new grow in the new year. That is a big drag Hushpuppy, sorry.

I can't complain too much as I did go to my partners gro-lab and did a nice harvest of the WR and BBP that we had there. We ended up with about a pound of dried bud each. I posted this pic in the harvest section but I will showe it here as it came from the girls in the preharvest orenge light. :icon_smile:

WRBBP harvest.JPG

:hubba: Enjoy Hush, thats a great pull for you two. :cool2: It's so nice to be able to sit on some choice w/o having to look for any...:rolleyes:

So my partner decided that we should do some more renovations on the lab as the veg cabinets get real good ventilation and the "jungle" flower room doesn't get as good of ventilation. So we decided to switch the two rooms and then make the flower cabinets one big room. The problem is that the doors to the cabinets were always in the way whenever we had to work in there. :eek:

Solution: open up the cabinets, move the wall out, and make them bigger. Then put sliding "pocket" doors on the face to allow full access without doors getting in the way. :hubba:

new flower room1-14-12.JPG

new flower room1-14-12a.JPG

new flower room1-14-12b.JPG

So here's a few pics of the latest blueberries to be picked :D

BBP3-18-12.JPG

BBP3-18-12a.JPG

BBP3-18-12b.JPG

So I haven't updated this journal in awhile as I have been more focused on my stealth grow. But the "Grow-Lab" is still up and running like a clock, producing ever nicer buddage with every grow. :icon_smile:

I don't run this one as much as my partner does now but I still have an integral part in its "growth". Much to my sadness, we have stopped running the famed and loved Blueberry Punch and are moving on to new strains. The latest strain that is working right now is Pineapple Chunk. It is proving to be a strong grower with Sativa dominant qualities but some nice buds that are about the size of the old "pineapple grenade". Unlike the grenade, the "Chunk" won't blow you away. Really nice clear heady high. :) Here are a few pics:

PChunk1.JPG

Pchunk2.JPG

Pchunk3.JPG

Pchunk4.JPG

That's some of the dumbest spam ever. The grammer is pathetic...

I know I am responding to a older post.

The veg dryer in post 14 by hushpuppy is good for lower humidity places. The metal slide is for collecting heat/ uv and heat flows up the slide thru the slot in the box below the racks. This causes a warm thermal up draft for drying the veges.

It is more effictive if built in a slide/box form with plexiglass over the slide with an opening at the bottom and connected directly to the slot below the racks. If slide under plexi is painted black and set into the correct position to the sun, it will create a drying effect that will allow it to compete with Excaliber and other high grade eletric food dryers.

Vegetables sliced uniformly will dry out in 12-18 hours without the use of electricity.

Used for buds, I would imagine it would be like using a food dryer/ dehydrator and not be as good a curing.

I have built one a few years ago but due to humid location (s.e. usa) found it worked well on garden herbs and other very light material but would not crisp up veges that had a high moisture content.( tomatos, squash...ect)

Sorry again to bring up an older thread but that box/ dehydrator is used in places where electricity is not an option for helping with food storage and sunlight is plentiful. (and I like to give and recieve answers to questions:) )

Thanks for the reply, and you are correct on that. I ended up not using the heating part at all as I found that I just didn't need it. I use instead packets of commercial dessicant to dry out the humid air that is coming into my cabinet and it works great. I can control how fast or slow they dry by adjusting the on/off cycle of the exaust fan on top of the cabinet. It took a little figuring to get the cycles down for the different amounts of bud in the cab but I got a good schedule for it now :)

Hushpuppy said:
I didn't think I was ever gonna get to update the grow as I kept forgetting to take my camera to the growlab. but here they are, between 5-6weeks into flower for the big girls and man can yu smell the blueberries cooking:D If all goes well to the end we should have some poundage of top shelf bud:D Also have the new girls in their respective rooms-a-growin. Just switched these girls to flower this weekend. They are about 4-5 weeks from cutting. Also the pic of the kiddies snuggled up in the tote are the new comers to the party. These are "White Russian" from Serious Seeds. Had 10 seeds and all of'em popped and are growing as good as can be. Those will have to me matured and culled of males. If I had the room for it I would cross the Russians with the Blueberry Punch and see what kind of "Russian punch" I would get, but my partner doesn't want to do that. Now for the pics::D
now that looks LILLY SAVAGE i like how she tasting

Awesome grow journal! I really enjoyed reading it and following along. I was curious tho, you said this medium was coco with hydroton, but yet its in the totes as if it were an areoponics type system? Forgive me for coming across noob, but I really like your set up, and was curious, what exact type of hydro method is this called? From what i've read, you have hydroton mixed coco coir in buckets, and then at the bottom have misters for the roots? Or is it just a bucket sitting above a reservoir under an air stone? Or is this a Drip system that is just simply in coco and hydroton, and in totes with its own resivoir? If so, very interesting... My drip systems, I usually have in a big tub and just have em drip in buckets filled with hydroton, all using one great big rez. Never seen it like this, I LIKE IT!

awesome set up!!! is that a double scrogg screen i see? looks interesting, how does that work compaired to a single screen scrogg? great lookin buds there too, i just got myself a tent and im already seeing the difference, its amazing. i doubt ill do a scrogg again, well at least not a multi plant per screen scrogg, maybe single screen per plant. id love to know more about that double screen set up, seems like it adds way more support helps achieve a larger, more even spread.

Man some of you guys really get into it %100 per cent that is cool i no it's worth the efeort,those and the srt up is one i will never forget it is the bomb my hats off to you all 888

A friend asked me about the different training techniques so I drew up this terrible picture with a red marker so that it can be seenin the picture, to show exactly how to do the FIM technique. It looks kind of like a pic that Hamster Lewis put up a while back except that I tried to exagerate the top growth bulb (the meristem) so that you can see what I mean about feeling the bulb with the fingertips. :)

The object here, for the FIM technique, is to feel the rounded growth "bulb" at the top of the meristem (which is the top main cola) between the tips of the forefinger and the thumb, and pinch out the material at and above the line that is drawn (in blue) through the top "bulb" of growth in the picture. :)

By leaving approximately 1/3 of the bottom of the bulb, it will allow the bulb to regrow and at the same time force the top secondary branches to grow upwards to become top main colas as well. :)

I am by no means an expert on this but I feel like I have mastered the "feel" of the technique and have used it with much success. And I hope that I can help others to master it as well as it is a very good technique for creating multiple top main colas, which become the best buds on the plant. :)

Been doing this for 5 years now and LOVE this tech.! 2 to 4 new tops at every pinch, fim. do indoor and out. AMAZING how fat a plant can get by doing this every couple weeks on a long outdoor grow. A penny doubled everyday for 1 month will make u a multi millionare. fim works great, not talked about much though. i like the drawing. i pinch at center of bulb. avg. 3 new tops ea. pinch..

I'm in love with your pricision and perfection in your work hushpuppy!

Lol, thanks. It really is a passion for me. If I was in a legal state, I would be running a full time commercial grow. All I can do now is my small indoor garden. :)

Latest posts

Back