BML spider 600

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great reply Sir.
Again...I am not trippin' on the "watt for watt", I do concede that an LED will produce more,watt for watt in the right hands, then a DE. Again...I can only achieve 1.36 gpw (so far my best with DE), but to cover a large area, DE is far more feasible and just as effective.

How much would it cost to cover an area 20' x 20'. I bet its a HUGE $$ amount. An unacceptable $$ amount. It takes me 16,000 watts of DE to do this. My best was in a 20' x 16' area with 12,000 watts.

From my calculations, using the bml 1200 which runs at 670 watts....you would need 15-16 of these to cover a 20x16' area. I averaged 1.36 watts per gram on DE giving me 36 lbs off of 12 DE's. You would have to hit 2.5gpw with the BML, which I do concede is quite possible in the right hands, and with someone like yourself with much experience with them. You would have to hit 3+ gpw in that environment to "crush" a properly ran DE. Possilbe...yes....by any joe...heck no. Not any Joe will be able to hit 1.36 on DE's as well.

So, in my book, it looks like the DE's are keeping up with LED in a commercial environment quite well.

It cost me 6k for 12 Gavita's. It would cost 45k with BML tech. Enough said.

That was my first grow with DE's and that particular strain. I am sure I can improve this number, but I won't be running that particular strain again until winter.

Don't take too much information as being golden on the 'net old friend. The best growers in the world never log into the 'net. Trust me on this one. Internet showing growers are the MAJOR minority. Not one person I know who grows posts any kind of information on the 'net.

I am not sayin' that LED tech sux. I am simply saying that it is not feasible for me personally, or any of the commercial growers that I know. Believe me, we all have many conversations about it.

You made no mention of my Veg times, which you said is impossible.

Great harvest schedule Sir...you have me beat. I only click every 2 weeks...25+ plus each time...ya...I keep pretty busy.

So AGAIN...I am not arguing against LED tech, I argue that it just isn't feasible for commercial growers at this time.

Yes Dr... PJ has improved all home growers methods more then ANY other poster I have seen, on any forum. I think that is awesome!

Here is some more info on why DE's will continue to dominate commercial cultivation.

Stolen from a thread at mjp. AGAIN...DE's are simply a better choice and just as efficient as a LED for larger grows. AGAIN, not to take away from the effectiveness of the LED for smaller grows.

http://www.gpnmag.com/sites/default/files/14_TechnicallySpeaking_GPN0614.pdf

http://cpl.usu.edu/files/publications/poster/pub__9913943.pdf

Economic Analysis of Greenhouse Lighting: Light Emitting Diodes vs. High Intensity Discharge Fixtures

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0099010

Well that is good for you....thanks for waiting bandwidth to say absolutely nothing...

Anyone own one...??

After I finish my current grow, I'll need to replace my 600-watt MH and 600-watt HPS bulbs. And I may just put that money into a Spydr 600, along with the money I could get from selling all my HID equipment.

Otherwise, I'll have to shut down for the hot part of the summer because of cooling issues with a 600-watt HPS in a 3.5 x 3.5 grow closet...

After I finish my current grow, I'll need to replace my 600-watt MH and 600-watt HPS bulbs. And I may just put that money into a Spydr 600, along with the money I could get from selling all my HID equipment.

Otherwise, I'll have to shut down for the hot part of the summer because of cooling issues with a 600-watt HPS in a 3.5 x 3.5 grow closet...

That's prob what im gonnac do..sell 3 kind 300 and ancillumigrow pro series and get the bml

Did you watch the videos Grower13 posted, to me numbers from video two looked real high compared to what I saw in video one. Don't see much penetration with the Spider light. JMO.

Tech... that sounds like a wonderful plan. I had a look at a few of the Kind series installed in my hydro store and no offense to anyone, but was happy I didn't get them. I'm sure they work just fine, but I was happy ... :) I think, if you can get this BML stuff, you'll be top doggin' it all day long. I would be jelly to the 10th power, hahaha! :aok:

(jelly = jealous for the older people reading... and it's also a horrible slang word that I never use, but found it very pertinent right now) :rofl:

Tech... that sounds like a wonderful plan. I had a look at a few of the Kind series installed in my hydro store and no offense to anyone, but was happI didn't get them. I'm sure they work just fine, but I was happy ... :) I think, if you can get this BML stuff, you'll be top doggin' it all day long. I would be jelly to the 10th power, hahaha! :aok:

(jelly = jealous for the older people reading... and it's also a horrible slang word that I never use, but found it very pertinent right now) :rofl:

Peanut butter and jelly...in regards to the lights rhe hsve worked better than others I habe had they will grow some monsters..dont get me wrong I didnt pay 595 each either ...but I let u know how they do .

Did you watch the videos Grower13 posted, to me numbers from video two looked real high compared to what I saw in video one. Don't see much penetration with the Spider light. JMO.

I couldn't get past the fact they took the HPS readings at 3 ft below the light....... and when I posted the videos I didn't realize they were the ones posted on the site......... There are no simple answers with LED at this time.......... I believe they work.......... I'm waiting to see how DGF and highbrix do before I pull the trigger on one.

I'm waiting to see how DGF and highbrix do before I pull the trigger on one.

So far, this is shaping up to be one of the better changes I've made in my room in the last 2 years of me doing this. The trichs are abundantly more than HPS, the terrapins are THROUGH the roof more, and my power consumption was cut almost in half (I got my electric bill for the month and it's $374... it was $600ish - $735ish every month before this) I was running 2400 watts before, and now I'm running 1400 actual watts, but have the "claimed output" of around 3200 watts. As for the heat thing.. yes, they are a LITTLE cooler.. with that said, I would NOT worry about these being "lack luster" for heating in the winter (THG, I'm directing this one to you specifically. They still produce significant heat IMO :aok: ) I mean, I could turn my vent speed up higher, but I'm waiting until I absolutely have to there.

LED's really do feed your plants. I can not stress this one thing that I've learned enough!! Do not feed them normal HPS feedings, give them half that EASILY! I really like that, but wish I had learned it earlier on.. this Tent #2 I have finishing up soon is going to be good, but surely can be much improved upon, and I'm going to do just that! :)

Ok.. ramble over.. I think... for now. :D

these lights look very interesting i am excited to see what they can do but man they sure dont come cheap :( osram diodes and a cool design these panels have potential for sure but have yet to see many grows completed with them. hope to see more in the future!

Latest posts

Back