bombs away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entering week 2 in flower now. Changed reservoir out to aggressive bloom strength nutes on 11/23 and took my cuttings for my next batch on 11/24 after 5 days in flowering. My 2 seedlings turned out to be male :( so i yanked them also took out my runt and now im left with 11 Berry Bomb ladies in the garden. Looking at the top of canopy everything looks great , looking real healthy and green no odd spots or growth, no signs of bugs, but from the bottom of the plants , up to the 5th node from bottom, im seeing a few plants now starting to show lower fan leafs with necrosis and some falling off, some just shrivel up, seems to be on half the garden now, been watching it closely, hoping its not a disease of some kind. Posted up a thread in the sick plant section for some feed back hopfully i can get it figured out.

Im still interested in learning the FIM technique if anyone has a good read on it please post up some directions to it ty.

1322190338463.jpg

1322347616335.jpg

Looks good, its going to get quite crowded in there.

LST will make plants very bushy and you have quite a few in there.

Ty Gd , yes it is very crowded in there, the area your seeing is actually a 4' by 5' ft area, using the 1 ft by 1 ft rule for each plant i could get 12 in there. Your right on about the LST training, they really bushed out. I normally use nets but it requires alot more daily hands on work. Im little worried about height tho, nets seem to better manage that for me. Im going to tie them back off, and spread them out to get some light down under, got a few shooters might have to give them a pinch, but all in all im pretty happy with them

15 days into flower now. Keeping with the GH 3 part Aggressive bloom nutes w/ Flo +, and LQKB. The ladies are all between 30 to 36 inches, light is 12 to 18 inches off the tops, i have been letting them grow to within 8 to 9 inches before raising light, trying to keep stretching down. Treated garden last week w/ Serenade garden disease control was seeing some PM on bottom stalks of a few ladies, now everything is looking clean and green, and everything is smelling like it should. Room temp been on the rise averaging around 80 during the day 72 at night, veg room is staying around 76 during the day. RH is around 50 %. Reservoir is 15 gallons treated w/ H2O2 around 5 mls per gallon, duel pumps in the event of one failing, 2 open ended air line feeds. Keeping temp around 72, still no chiller but the ziplock blocks of ice are working just fine.

Baby clones are now 9 days old will be moving to the 4 inch RW cubes and under the 400 MH this week.

1323001495512.jpg

1322828190201.jpg

Loving your grow!, Very nice progress, Can't wait to see more! I'll be subbing in!

Ty bubba

Day 21 of flower, and all is well, ladies are getting close to finishing their stretch " i hope" . They are between 36 and 43 inches now, and have doubled in size since being put into flower. Light is around 10 inch's of the top of the tallest, with no signs of burn. Running everything the same as last update. Went thru 15 gallons of water this week, basicly added 2 to 3 gallons a day to Res, my ladies were thirsty this week, and its shows, really forming buds now. Put a bag of Exhale co2 up, well see how the stuff does. Only 30 bucks, and good for 6 months, pretty cheap co2 supplement.

Next batch put into 4 inch cubes and under the 400 MH, looking good as well.

1323552633936.jpg

1323552554025.jpg

1323552515604.jpg

Ty KB im hoping so.

Got home from work tonight and found my flower room dark when it was supposed to be light, seems as tho i have burn'd a ballast up :( Called and got another on order and 2 day shipping , but looks like im going to have to put a 400 watt in there untill my 1000w ballast gets in.

Anyone know what the effects might be to the plants? They got 6 hrs out of their 12 hr cycle before the ballast craped out today, so they got some light, and now all i got to supply em with is my extra 400w till the other shows, just curious if anyone has had this happen before and what it did to their crop?

Rather than unhook all my duct lines to switch out the hood, im just going to switch out the bulb to a 400w hps, and use my 400w ballast, that shouldn't harm anything i hope.

I've had to turn the lights off for a good half a day during veg; didn't notice any real effects. I'm sure they felt it was an overcast day, and'll get right back to production for ya. :)

Hey kb thanx for stoping in, got the 400 on em, going to be cloudy for a few day's, but better than nothing i suppose.

Nothing but kind words so far for the peeps from Acme hydro, was lucky to be able to catch someone so late, ballast is less than a few months old, and after a quick explaination of what was going on " breaker keep tripping on panel box but not on ballast" he said they would send out a new one and got it in the mail that night 3 day air, so props to em for standing behind their gear and a quick responce.

Day 29 of Flower

Got the ballast in as expected and got em back up under the 1000, so far so good, no ill signs other than a few fan leaves coming off. Didnt seem to slow their thirst, went threw another 13 gallons this week in res, running everything the same as past weeks. will be switching from the LQD KB to the Powder KB next week with the nutes, "its stronger" no other changes.

Quick note about the Exhale CO2 bag, seems to be working as described, bag has began to turn white, which means its active. will try and get a decent shot of it.

Tallest is at 4' smallest is at 3', looking very healthy. Buds are still white, and forming more and thicker every day, 2 runts in the litter that ill be lucky to get 1/2 oz off, but the other 9 should give 1 oz plus. next run i will cut back to 9 instead, its very crowded in there. This was a first time grow with this set up and room, so i will be changing up a few things next run work out the kinks.

The clones are doing well, got a shot of them now 3 weeks after having been taken.

SS850531.JPG

SS850532.JPG

SS850533.JPG

SS850534.JPG

SS850535.JPG

SimonSays said:
Hey kb thanx for stoping in, got the 400 on em, going to be cloudy for a few day's, but better than nothing i suppose.

Nothing but kind words so far for the peeps from Acme hydro, was lucky to be able to catch someone so late, ballast is less than a few months old, and after a quick explaination of what was going on " breaker keep tripping on panel box but not on ballast" he said they would send out a new one and got it in the mail that night 3 day air, so props to em for standing behind their gear and a quick responce.

If you are tripping your breaker, you are putting too much of a load on the circuit--I am actually a little surprised that they are replacing the ballast under these circumstances as it undoubtably contributed to the premature failure of the ballast. This is a condition you MUST correct--it is a fire hazard. Find out what else is on the same circuit and get some of the load off. Or better yet, run a dedicated circuit bigger than you need just for your flowering space.

Your grow looks great by the way.

Hey THG great to have you stop in, and ty for the kind words.

The tripping of the breaker was just the once and only time, it was definitely in the ballast, it was only 2 months old and had only been running since i started the flower cycle this run. When i called them to explain what was happening they seem'd to know what was wrong right when i told him the breaker was popping in the panel box but not on the ballast itself, " ballast comes with 2 breakers built in with resets" but they were not triping. This ballast had been running with no problems for the first three weeks, just came home that day and it had popped the panel breaker and would pop it everytime i pluged it in any outlet. They said about 1 to 2 outa every 100 they sell they have this same issue. Its on a dedicated line as well, just a freak inccident i hope. Still good to see them take action so quickly.

Day 36 of flower: " starting week 6"

The garden finished out in height at the tallest 47" and shortest at 36". Its been a really fun run so far, The berry bomb's have been a very easy strain to grow, with very little problems. They seem to be a very resilient to stress, as they responded well to the few set backs in this run.

Switching Ballast over to super lumens and also going to powder Kool Bloom instead of LQD KB for the next 2 weeks, and then flushing with just ph'd water for the last week. This will be last week at aggressive bloom strength, next week will be going to the GH ripen strength. During last week while flushing i will be gradually turning ballast down from super lumens to 1000w, to 600 w, to 400 w to Dark, i will do my best to time this with the color of the trichs. When the trichs reach around 75% cloudy i will begin the countdown process. I base this on the average threw out the garden, a few plants will be ready sooner, so i will harvest them accordingly, they will not get as much flush time as the others.

The garden has gotten to large to be able to get a clear full shot, but ill give a couple shots of them to cover them all, also a pic of my ballast to help understand what the super lumens is. Thers a shot of the next batch coming up as well. I hope you enjoy the shots

Merry Xmas everyone i hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday :)

SS850542.JPG

SS850541.JPG

SS850539.JPG

SS850538.JPG

SS850544.JPG

SS850549.JPG

Sorry that Ballast shot was tough to get a good shot, but thats the Dimmer switch to change the lumens

Sweet looking grow.
damm electronic ballasts :giggle:

Ty Gd
I took a page outa everyones book to make mine including yours :)

Starting into week 7:

Running Gh 3 part ripen strength nutes w/ powder KB 3 floods a day
Super lumens on the 1000w hps on 12/24
Temps are 78 daytime 68 night w/ 50 to 60% RH
Trichs are clouding up nicely

Top of canopy is so thick i had to trim some fan leaves off for light penatration, and roll garden around daily to get light down under to help get the lower nodes some light.

Got a variety of style of buds on the plants, some plants are putting out giant sized nuggets in clusters, very dense and tight, and other plants are putting out thick cluster colas also very dense and tight, and the other plants are putting out real furry and fluffy colas, but are super thick. All are very sticky and loaded w/ trichs. I attribute this to be because of the plant being a hybrid with a F1 Blueberry mother and a Big Bomb #1 father, Im thinking some plants are showing more mother characteristic than father and others vise versa. Just a theory

New batch is doing great , got a shot of them at 5 weeks after they have been taken as a clones. They have grown so well I am forced into starting them into flower before my room is ready. They are all around 18 to 20 inches. I will use the 400 watt hps in the Veg room untill the flower room is ready, then i will transplant to the big room. Not ideal but under my current set up its the best i can manage :cool:

Hope everyone had a great Xmas , and i wish everyone a very happy and green new year.

052.JPG

053.JPG

054.JPG

055.JPG

056.JPG

058.JPG

Latest posts

Back