bombs away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonSays

Reaction score
Howdy folks
The grow is Berry Bomb link REMOVED and the system isan ebb n flow hydro link removed, both for veg and flower. Started with the tinyest clones from a buddys garden, and working with rockwool for a medium with Hton when they are large enough for pots. Using the GH Flora series, w/ Flora plus, Lqd Koolbloom bulking and Koolbloom Ripening for last 2~3 weeks of flowering. During the use of KB Rip , i will discontinue use of the Lqd KB. I try to maintain a PH around 5.8 to 6.0, Feeding an agressive schedule Flooding up to three times a day depending on the plants. Veg is running a 400 watt MH 24/7, and flowering with a 1000 watt HPS 12/12 Light system is vented together, with 8 inch inline fan running 24/7 to help keep the humidity and heat down to around 50% rh, and around 78 degrees ideally, but i average between 45% to 65% rh and 72 to 85 degrees, depending on the time of day and weather we have. Even tho its an indoor grow the outside weather will affect your indoor temp and humid, especially if your drawing outside air to cool yr room. I do not draw air from the outside but rather from inside, it helps me to keep better control over the room, as well it keeps my lights safe from condensation from the outside air. Its a constant battle to keep it just right in there, but i found it easier to do using a wireless weather station, which keeps tab on the temp and Rh with out me having to constantly go into the room to check a temp gauge. only about 35 bucks but well worth it , and it can read multible sensors , so i keep 1 in the veg room and 1 in the flower room. Now for the minor details, airstones in the water tubs runnin 24/7, 3 fans per room for plenty of air movement and keeping those babbies cool, CO2 bucket runnin during flowering. Shooting for a 16 week cycle, 2 weeks in the dome 6 in veg and 8 in flower. I think that about covers it for the System, and the plan if you have any questions or commets feel free to post i will do my best to get back to question as quickly as i can, till then im off to sing to my girls while i smoke their aunt...lol see ya around

Sorry had to delete those pics, learn'd some interesting info about cell pic's from the site. I will get some new ones up soon.

This is the clones 8 days after being taken. The first week they were started in 1 1/2 RW cubes , under FL lights on 24/7 in a dome, with a heating mat. I used clonex rooting gel, and clone solution. The first root showed on day 5 "got lucky" and by day 8, i had roots on 9 out of the 12 clones. I moved them into 4 x 4 RW cubes, and under a 400 watt MH light running 24/7 roughly 30 inches from tops.

10-17-11.jpg

Heres a look at them now a little over 2 weeks old. Been running 1/2 to 3/4 seedling strength GH nutes. Been lowering light 1 inch a day, and will continue untill light is 16 to 20 inches from the tops.

1319992242810.jpg

Now at almost 4 weeks old, and at present time. Sorry it took me so long to get caught up, been busy and so have the ladies. I switched to Grow strength nutes on the 29th and light is 20 inches off the tops, been changing my Res once a week, flushing and sanitizing everything with alcohol. Had a small mildew issue last week in reservoir. Water temp was getting up past 80 degrees, i need to invest in a chiller, but for now zip lock baggies full of ice will work. Ideally i like the Res at 72 degrees the cooler the better for preventing mildew. I added 5 ml of h2o2 per gallon of water and 1 table spoon of bleach to my 10 gallon reservoir " 18 gallon but only running 10". It cleaned up everything and the plants didnt seem to be affected at all. In the tub your seeing 12 clones and 2 seedings, the seedlings are the 2 in the front left of pic. They were germinated and planted in RW at the same time the clones were, i did this to give a comparison of seeds to clones and the difference in growth rates. Out of the 12 clones 8 are doing exceptional, 3 are running a few inches behind the group and 1 seems to still be hanging on but going nowhere fast " the one in the far back left"

1320364152687.jpg

Ill try to post a weekly update as we grow along. Always happy to hear any comments , concerns, or questions.

Looking good....I'll cop a squat over here.

Well after forty days and nights of washing and rinseing 100 lbs of hydroton, i finally got the ladies moved into the flowering room. I wil continue to veg them for hopefully no more than 2 weeks but maybe three, going to let them stretch to 16 to 20 inches before i put the nets up, they are about 10 inches now. Also i have moved to Agressive growth strength nutes for the duration of veg.

1320618793054.jpg

Everything seem'd to be going well from the move to new room , but three days in now and i believe a few ladies are showing signs of overwatering. Anybody see anything more than that? please chime in

Looks good to me Simone. They do look a lil droopy but other than that I think your good. Ill be watching.

I skiped 2 feeds and droped timer back to 2 instead of 3 floods a day. ladies perk'd back up and things are on the move again. Im having second thoughts on the screen this run, dont really have the time might just do some LST and top them, or try a FIM technique if i can find a good read on it. They are now all between 12 to 16 inches it wont be long before i flip em. ill get some fresh pics up shortly

Decided to go with tying them down Vs the nets, first time training this way, seems pretty much like the same thing as using a screen, really they seem to be responding the same way. Really quite amazing to see how fast they respond to the change, 1 1/2 days tied and im seeing the growth from the under nodes already. It was a bit stressfull for both me and my ladies pulling them that far over i tried to even out the canapy in height for this final week of veg. Got some close ups for anyone familar with Lst, I hope i didnt bend them to far. Still interested in learning the fim technique, been hunting around havent really found alot on it, if someone has a good read on it please post up a direction ty

Hamster Lewis Looking healthy...green mojo for the flip. ty got my fingers crossed for a nice clean run.

MH and KB ty turn'd out to be a no biggy, i like to catch things early if i can, i think they were a little shocked from the enviroment change. They seem to be back to normal , im thinking about going back to 3 floods, push em till they puke..lol

1321224706106.jpg

1321225163890.jpg

1321225222345.jpg

Ty ogb

Ladies seem to be filling out nicely, been adjusting strings when needed had a small nute burn on my center lady, i really was bum'd, caught it early but she still got some burn't tips, didnt have the heart to tie her down she has a beautiful spread without it, definitely will be one of the donor's for the next batch. Looking forward the switch this weekend hope i get lucky with the 2 seedlings dont wanna have to yank em they look real healthy would be a shame.

Stay'd with the 2 floods / day, Aggressive grow strength running around 1200 ppm balanced at 5.8ph, res temp at 72, room temp 78 average and RH has been on a daily rise in average now around 58%, think im going to have to get a dehumidifer if it continues. Added some calmag was seeing some yellow to brown spots on a fan leaf only 1 plant and only on 1 fan leaf will post a pic for some added feedback on what it might be if not Calcium Def.

1321489840445.jpg

1321315341649.jpg

SimonSays said:
had a small nute burn on my center lady, i really was bum'd, caught it early but she still got some burn't tips.

If they don't have a few burnt tips you arent feeding them enough. jmo

They look great.

Ty dman

Big day for the ladies. Time for the flip. I switched over to the 1000w hps lamp, set for 12/12, going with gh transition strength nutes for first week of flower. Made some changes to the location of my inline fan and my diy filter, moved from under the table to on top in back left corner in the pic, getting much better air exchange now, humidity back to around 55%, room temp running around 78.

1321729984832.jpg

Latest posts

Back