Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
playing around with a DWC bucket I found while building my new grow room...both plants were taken from the mom plants at the same time...the soil plants are obviously the ones in slit pots, the DWC plant is wekk over 3' tall...I shoulda topped it but this is just for giggles...the fire extinguisher is a must...
fire extinguisher.JPG
dwcflower.JPG
dwcsoil.JPG

a good day for the garden...legend OG popped 3, C-99 popped 2, and super skunk popped 1...the other beans are awaiting tails before they find themselves in pro mix...the SFG from twenty20 mendocino is just crazy greasy and has a wicked fuel odor that burns my eyes just being around it...I've got 5 girls ready to chop sometime around the end of the month, the putang cross looks like a half an lb. when it dries...no doubt the nets are keeping everything vertical...a good day out back... :)

finally got to wet some beans...got them from 2 members here, thanks for the generosity and love brothers...scuffed, H2O2 dip, and then into the paper towels...the following are what's new in my room:
super skunk F5
apollo 13
panama red 2001
legion OG
C99
gonna be some tall and long running girls in the thunderdome this year...looking forward to seeing what kind of patience I still have...being an old goat with a short fuse don't help...
Short fused old guys unite!

Bubba

I like the twenty20 gear so much I went all in on it...so far I've popped girl crush, snocaine, avenue of the giants, and so f'n gassy...the sfg is by far the most pungent and greasy flower I've ever grown...I was defoliating it, about 6' and I just had to stop...my breathing was getting difficult due to the gassy petrol fumes...it's just now beginning to stack...I got their arcata trainwreck and a few others stashed but I've got plenty going on now after popping more beans earlier today...
What is " sfg"? Going to their site to check it out...

Bubba

I didn’t care for the SFG while it was in veg and flour but the last four weeks is making all the difference in the world. As I mentioned, it’s very greasy and slippery to the touch. I’m really looking forward to trying the Putang cross, it is exploding and trying to hit the 8 foot mark…the strain Avenue of the giants is disappointing at six weeks but it may change my mind as it matures… So far I’ve got seven beans that have popped out of the soil and I’m reaching for the light… New flavors are always fun

I just checked the SFG with the scope and I’m getting quite close but I think I’m going to push it a little longer. Monday will give me eight weeks which is rather short for my garden. I am hoping this is as good as it smells and looks. I did take a cut off of the original plant which was upsized earlier today. I finally had one of the Panama red beans pop for me today. I was concerned they were old but they’re still viable

I didn’t care for the SFG while it was in veg and flour but the last four weeks is making all the difference in the world. As I mentioned, it’s very greasy and slippery to the touch. I’m really looking forward to trying the Putang cross, it is exploding and trying to hit the 8 foot mark…the strain Avenue of the giants is disappointing at six weeks but it may change my mind as it matures… So far I’ve got seven beans that have popped out of the soil and I’m reaching for the light… New flavors are always fun
Reading their description, (out of stock at north atlantic, guess I can search elsewhere), sounds like its done at 8 weeks flower max? I like the sound of that! Its on my list, pending your results and also availability.

I was just out back checking on the girls, the DWC plant looks nothing like the mate that is in soil...5 times larger and very whispy...the SFG looks like it can go another week or mebbe more...the leaves are telling me it's gonna be soon...just touch the flowers and you've got a gummy and sticky fingers than reek of fuel and citrus aroma...gonna be a slippery trim no doubt...

playing around with a DWC bucket I found while building my new grow room...both plants were taken from the mom plants at the same time...the soil plants are obviously the ones in slit pots, the DWC plant is wekk over 3' tall...I shoulda topped it but this is just for giggles...the fire extinguisher is a must...View attachment 311429View attachment 311427View attachment 311428
So you have to change that water every couple days right? Is there a like a set schedule you stick by, or do you go by anything else? And do you just lift the whole plant right out of the bucket and put it in another freshly made bucket? Sorry so many questions but it's very interesting. How do the roots take hold, or do you have to brace everything?

I change the nutes every 4 day or so, checking the pH going in and out...I lift the bucket lid containing the plant and place it in an empty bucket while I wash and refill the nute solution...replace the plant in the nutes and use 3 frozen water bottles thruout the day to keep the nutes chilled...the root mass fills about half the bucket and is fed oxygen thru an air pump...the roots just hang out and get bigger...as for trellising I've not had to so far but the plant is getting over 4' now...I keep a 20" oscillating fan on the plant so the branches are very strong...it's beginning to flower but looks far different than it's counterpart in soil...if I was doing this for profit I'd go all in with DWC, so much more growth in the same period of time...

I change the nutes every 4 day or so, checking the pH going in and out...I lift the bucket lid containing the plant and place it in an empty bucket while I wash and refill the nute solution...replace the plant in the nutes and use 3 frozen water bottles thruout the day to keep the nutes chilled...the root mass fills about half the bucket and is fed oxygen thru an air pump...the roots just hang out and get bigger...as for trellising I've not had to so far but the plant is getting over 4' now...I keep a 20" oscillating fan on the plant so the branches are very strong...it's beginning to flower but looks far different than it's counterpart in soil...if I was doing this for profit I'd go all in with DWC, so much more growth in the same period of time...
Very cool. So, without them ice bottles the grow room gets too warm for roots? And the roots are ok in a empty bucket while you clean and refill the reservoir? That's just awesome. I've always wanted to try my luck with dwc. I hear great stuff about it.

david, I've had this bubbler bucket for years, found it when I was remodeling grow room...the ice keeps the water about 70 degrees thruout the day, my pH hardly fluctuates from 6.0, in or out...yes, the root mass can sit in the transfer bucket for a while without any negative effects...the root mass is huge, the pink nutes have tinted the roots the same color...it's far easier than I thought...I'm gonna take a few pics of a different plant today but I'll post up a few pics of the bucket and plant...very few leaves in comparison to soil grown plants...

Latest posts

Back