Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that your scared oops I mean worried of Yankees look, lol.......
nah, that's my wait until the second game...you went to bed and the rays turned up the heat...my pic is what you're look is when you checked out the game when you got up...
oh no skull.jpg

nice video of ken, he's the best at drifting or was...that sport is going nuts and all the ricers on the streets are getting dangerous...I do a fair amount of blocking with my superduty, it's big and intimidating...thanks ribs...

maniacal sleeplessness

my boots are smoked

Yeah, been watching Ken Block since he got started.... bro has made so much money with his clothing company and shoes that he can literally do anything he wants... driving is his love and it shows..

Boo, ever done donuts in a front wheel drive?? it's epic.. pull the e brake and drop that clutch, front end goes round and round instead of ass end and totally different sensation... hmmm? well crap, even your Z is rear wheel drive.. doh. lol...

boo is tired, been taking on projects that should be done by a much younger man...this car is one of my favorites, she's a cruiser not a hot rod...'62 with a 327/300hp...View attachment 264756

327/300 hp was the starting point for my engine builds in the day. That motor used the "double Hump" casting mark fuelie head,
rather than the standard Power Pack head with rectangular casting mark with a little point in the middle. Replace the 1.94 intake valves with the larger 2.02 valve and you were on your way. I preferred the 2 bolt main block over the 4 bolt main for drag racing. Cheaper, less internal drag. Didn't need 4 bolt main for 10-12 second blasts down a drag strip.

Sweet little car

Bubba

a rear mounted magnesium strip touching hard on road will produce 30-50 ft sparks depending on your acceleration ..

this is some hoods playing with 'em .. I looked for some old 60-70s videos but being lazy found only this ..

Last edited:
No 250 horse, small Rochester 4 barrel.
Was it original motor/? I never saw an SS with the 250 HP, but that said, this was a day when many people ordered them as they wanted, so a lot of combinations are out there. Saw lots of 300 HP 327 back then also. That was the motor I liked to start with. If you still have it, on the front of the head, does it have the double hump casting mark, ot the rectangular mark with a triangle shaped point in the middle? The 300 HP and 350 HP (as well as the 375 fulie motor) had the double hump.

Never know what is out there. Dealers specializing in High Performance like Motion, who ordered factory cars like Phase 3 427 Camaros and so forth. Yenko was another...well, something close to Yenko. Those cars are now worth a fortune. I remember latching onto a rare 302 Z28....1967. Everyone told me it didn't exist, and the badging was just put on. Nope, there actually are a few.....if you knew the right dealer and checked the right options.

Another thing, is the car companies played insurance companies on HP ratings. If you disassembled that 250 HP motor, it very well may have the same bill of materials as the 300 HP. There were also solid lifter vs hydraulic lifter versions also. How many scrap yards we poured through.
69 Roadrunners, Chargers and so forth could be had used for next to nothing. I remember a common phrase back then, "Any Corvette that runs is worth $1000" now maybe the wheels!

In the 70's, my friend bought a 1957 Corvette convertible, 283 small block with dual 4 barrel Cater WCFB carbs, removable hardtop, Wonder bar radio and all, perfect condition for 1800 bucks. Some guy ran a stop and dented up a front corner, he thought he made out like a bandit as the insurance company gave him 2200! PPPFFFFTTTTtttt. You could offer that car for 75 grand and have fist fights in your yard over it.

Bubba

I remember those good O'l days.....so do my ears. Ruined them, got permanent hearing damage from drag racing. Can you say....WHAT.
That, firearms with no ear protection, and worst...Rock Concerts in the day. Colosseum sized event where you just paid to get in, seating was every man for him self. Live fireworks, real fire, explosions and sound levels that would boil water. Your hearing would be off for a couple days,

The loudest I ever heard was in Paducah KY, small venue, Ted Nugent circa 70's. He had the entire back wall covered in huge Marshall cab. BTW, never get in a big kick buttt fight in front of a bunch of red neck LEO's. Only me and one driver escaped capture by running into the crowd!

Bubba

Latest posts

Back