Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my rom will be 20' x 0' and a 12' celing...remember the movie Gladiator...when russell crow goes home and is walking thru his wheat fields and has his hands out feeling the grains, that's what I used to be able to do...tents are just not my gig...

popping beans today, dug out some good genetics from a buddy of mine at goat and monkey seeds...matt is a very generous friend that gifted me a dozen packs of his gear...
garlic cookies x TK
santa cruz blue dream x TK
trinity x TK
dawg's waltz x TK
should make for some interesting plants for the new digs...
I love Boos World
Are you constructing a brand-new building ie: steel round over or have an existing place ready to do inside?

building has been up for a decade and I am currently using the space where I plan on changing it out...it's 20' x 20', give an old man a break as my fingers don't seem to follow my commands...

after digging thru my bean collection I found way more beans that I thought...I'm gonna do a give away on some excess stock...fem'd auto and other stuff that I'll not live long enough to grow...not sure how i'll do it but I'd like to share some...details to follow...

building has been up for a decade and I am currently using the space where I plan on changing it out...it's 20' x 20', give an old man a break as my fingers don't seem to follow my commands...

after digging thru my bean collection I found way more beans that I thought...I'm gonna do a give away on some excess stock...fem'd auto and other stuff that I'll not live long enough to grow...not sure how i'll do it but I'd like to share some...details to follow...
Auto correct screws me over all the time so I feel your pain. Arthritis doesn’t help me much either. A 20x20 grow space sounds like a lot of fun. And work. But working at something we enjoy is reward enough.

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.
He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.
After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.
When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'
'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.
Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.
Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up'.
The man gestured, and the gate began to open.
'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.
'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'
The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.
After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.
'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'
'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in..'
'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.
There should be a bowl by the pump.'
They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it.
The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.
When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.
'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.
This is Heaven,' he answered.
'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'
'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'
'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'
'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind

nice roster, got me misty eyed with that one...

scuffed the beans, soaked in hydrogen peroxide solution and then into the clonex pH'd water...gonna set them in the sun to warm them up...should work, right...not much action in the tents today, all trussed up and well fed...sure wish I was in the new digs, I'm frustrated more and more each passing day...

scuffed the beans, soaked in hydrogen peroxide solution and then into the clonex pH'd water...gonna set them in the sun to warm them up...should work, right...not much action in the tents today, all trussed up and well fed...sure wish I was in the new digs, I'm frustrated more and more each passing day...
They actually did a Twilight Zone Episode pretty much the same scenario with a country hick and his old coon dog.
I will find it and send it worth the watching.

Good story Roster.

I totally understand your frustrations Boo. My hands and wrist are a mess. Arthritis is a throbbing pain and sometimes I can't pick up anything it hurts so bad.

That's not the real problem though.......

IMG_20220730_111949708.jpg

I have a major case of Dupuytren's Contracture. If you look close you can see scars on my palm and fingers from the last time I had is surgically repaired years ago. It has returned but only in my thumb and little finger this time. I can't even get my hand in my pocket. Slowly turning into a claw. And getting worse as time goes on. If I don't have another surgery my little finger will completely close.

Surgery and rehab is a long pain in the azz. But as you can see it has to be done. Gonna make an appointment with the same hand surgeon as before soon and schedule surgery this winter.....to busy to do it now.

Not looking forward to this one bit.

Good story Roster.

I totally understand your frustrations Boo. My hands and wrist are a mess. Arthritis is a throbbing pain and sometimes I can't pick up anything it hurts so bad.

View attachment 304514

I have a major case of Dupuytren's Contracture. If you look close you can see scars on my palm and fingers from the last time I had is surgically repaired years ago. It has returned but only in my thumb and little finger this time. I can't even get my hand in my pocket. Slowly turning into a claw. And getting worse as time goes on. If I don't have another surgery my little finger will completely close.

Surgery and rehab is a long pain in the azz. But as you can see it has to be done. Gonna make an appointment with the same hand surgeon as before soon and schedule surgery this winter.....to busy to do it now.

Dam Pute Sorry to hear
My Good friend has it and his hand cannot close hand to shake hands
He put off the fix last i heard from him.

Good story Roster.

View attachment 304514

Sounds like you're from Viking stock, too. I've got the same thing, but mine is mild compared to yours, and it's in my left hand ring and little finger. Got the bumps and pits. Only the ring finger is bending, but not too bad. Went in probably 20 years ago to have the bumps removed 'cause they kept getting the tops torn off of 'em working construction. The doc said nope. Told me to come back when it looked like a claw. I told him I wanted the things gone, and he said that in most folks, they come back in spades.
I see they've got pills that can help now, but I'm sure the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

Good story Roster.

View attachment 304514

trust me on this pute, look for a graston certified therapist...I had a severe case of hinge finger and this guy I see eliminated it from my life...the nerve damage I dealt with for 6 years on my abdomen was eliminated after many sessions...what he does is painful and borders on brutal but he gets the job done and has improved my life drastically...a miracle, you tell me...

trust me on this pute, look for a graston certified therapist...I had a severe case of hinge finger and this guy I see eliminated it from my life...the nerve damage I dealt with for 6 years on my abdomen was eliminated after many sessions...what he does is painful and borders on brutal but he gets the job done and has improved my life drastically...a miracle, you tell me...
Thanks Boo. I hear technology has advanced since the last surgery and hopefully it can be repaired without surgery. Believe me I will be looking for a way to get this repaired without going under the knife. This is what my hand looked like after surgery except it went up all four fingers and my thumb.

operation-scars-for-dupuytrens-contracture-C0H202.jpg

Sounds like you're from Viking stock, too. I've got the same thing, but mine is mild compared to yours, and it's in my left hand ring and little finger. Got the bumps and pits. Only the ring finger is bending, but not too bad. Went in probably 20 years ago to have the bumps removed 'cause they kept getting the tops torn off of 'em working construction. The doc said nope. Told me to come back when it looked like a claw. I told him I wanted the things gone, and he said that in most folks, they come back in spades.
I see they've got pills that can help now, but I'm sure the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.
I have had both hands operated on. And now I gotta go back and do it again. My right hand is fine but the left is a mess.

call me about the graston method brother, it works...
putting jars out in the sun isn't a great idea...the glass super heats the beans, after the scuffing I have tails already...almost cooked the beans...

Latest posts

Back