Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any way you can hook up to an external dimmer switch for those lights boo? I had to turn mine down a bit in the flower tent but I have a dimmer switch. still have some waiting for trichome to ripen some more just starting week 9. I didn’t clean the ugly off mine like you did maybe I will just so it doesn’t look so bad when I unzip the tent. There are some nice buds in there tho

6.5 weeks in flower...I usually run 10 weeks but this new LED is killing me in the tent, plants are too tall and the folks at photontek ignore my emails...never again will I deal with them...can the LED be used with a fan controller(rheostat) device...

6.5 weeks in flower...I usually run 10 weeks but this new LED is killing me in the tent, plants are too tall and the folks at photontek ignore my emails...never again will I deal with them...can the LED be used with a fan controller(rheostat) device...
Not sure about grow lights but I have 2 LED fixtures in my home that I have dimmer switches hooked up to. The difference is my home fixtures cost about $40. Your Photonteks cost a grand. I wouldn’t want to blow out a $1000 light…

4C0E1332-5934-43DE-A216-3321CFA71DF8.jpeg

something like this but I’m not sure if it’s compatible with your fancy light. Can’t believe it didn’t come with one…

Looks like Photontek uses a control signal inline for setting the lighting level. They sell a controller that outputs a 0-10V signal. Something like AC Infinity's fan controller might work, but I'm not sure a rheostat would do it wired to the power cord. I guess it depends on how they have the controller setup.

my light didn't come with the controller and I didn't think I would need one so I just went with the flow...once the stretching began it was obvious I needed one...contacted photontek monday and nada, crickets...in the new digs I'll have 12' ceilings so then it wont matter, I adjust the plants to the light as they stretch...pisses me off about the cricket bullshit...lousy customer service...:eek:

my light didn't come with the controller and I didn't think I would need one so I just went with the flow...once the stretching began it was obvious I needed one...contacted photontek monday and nada, crickets...in the new digs I'll have 12' ceilings so then it wont matter, I adjust the plants to the light as they stretch...pisses me off about the cricket bullshit...lousy customer service...:eek:
Damn fools don't realize what negative comments can do to their business.

I'll be spouting how poorly they have treated me far longer than it would have taken them to show a little love and reply to my email...I hate it when a company wont publish their phone number...sheisters...be forwarned folks, find another brand that supports their customers...

I'll be spouting how poorly they have treated me far longer than it would have taken them to show a little love and reply to my email...I hate it when a company wont publish their phone number...sheisters...be forwarned folks, find another brand that supports their customers...
That's unfortunate, they make a superior product. Back when you first got that I remember asking you if you just put it on a timer or what. Reading their site it kept referring to a controller, or maybe that was a review....I could never figure out if you had to have it or not. I don't think it was cheap either.

Bubba

Any way you can hook up to an external dimmer switch for those lights boo? I had to turn mine down a bit in the flower tent but I have a dimmer switch. still have some waiting for trichome to ripen some more just starting week 9. I didn’t clean the ugly off mine like you did maybe I will just so it doesn’t look so bad when I unzip the tent. There are some nice buds in there tho
Seems like I recall someone here using a "router controller" from Harbor Freight....pute maybe? It's been a minute and it is Saturday night and all.

Bubba

after dropping 1K for the light I'll be damned if I burn it out with an aftermarket controller...within a month I'll take down the tents to fire up the new digs...I can keep the light at 11' plus so needing the dimmer wont be an issue...I'm fuming about the shiit customer service I got...

I looked at the website. For the X 600 it says the following:
Universal Control Systems Compatibility
P-Tek Pro LED Fixtures can be fully controlled with either the P-Tek Digital Controller or with any other Control System that utilises 0-10V output signal. Even if your Universal Controller has an RJ port interface, you can still run our LEDs by using a signal converter RJ to 0-10V control adaptor.

So I think what crash was saying is good advice.

Latest posts

Back