Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every kid was in heaven if you got a mat of firecrackers
I lived in the glory days where an enterprising young man could find in the back of Mechanics Illustrated or Popular Mechanics places to order flash powder like in fireworks. Came in two bags you mixed together. Similarly, waxed underwater fuse, like in cherry bombs, etc. File a large medicine bottle full, fuse it, ta-da. Cherry bomb my butte, these things left a crater!

Bubba

we used to tale the bus into the city and then the subway into chinatown back in the early 60's...M-80s, cherry bombs, and mats of black kats...geez we had fun and no one died...Roland lost his eye to a M-80 endcap blowing it out but he lived...

I had a firecracker go off in my hand, it was numb for days...dad was a licenced pyrotechnician early on and kept all kinds of powders and caps to ignite his bombs...it was pretty neat having a dad that could blow stuff up...

When I was 16 we made some "M80's" using brass M1 shells with a hole drilled into the side and half full of black powder (my old man bought it for us!). Stuck a fuse into the side, and crimped the open end. We could make 20 of them in an hour. That was the year I learned about shrapnel, and stitches. Since I was the one in the hospital, my friend was the one who learned about police and fire marshals. I'm not sure which of us had it worse : )

nope, he worked broadway in his younger years and moved up to running lincoln center...dad was the union boss for local hall in manhatten...he left quite the legacy at 42 years old...

I was put into jail at the age of 13 for using my wrist rocket with 1/2" bearings...they can do an excessive amount of damage real fast...I actually learned a serious lesson that fateful day...

its a dangerous weapon
and to this day I've never picked one up again...this is where I was told I was gonna grow up or die trying...scared me shiitless
1674611177679.png

Never played with fireworks. I did try to light a match onces and ended up lighting the whole match book on firer gave me a big a** blister. I was 8 years old. Never played with matches again until older.

and to this day I've never picked one up again...this is where I was told I was gonna grow up or die trying...scared me shiitlessView attachment 318219
Similar issues in younger days, resulting in getting caught with hot firearms. They made us talk to a DA to scare us. One of my buddies stole the ashtray from his office....had a nice inscription and State seal of their office.

Bubba

You just touched on one of my fave 4th of July things -- Firing my Navy 1851 .44 blackpowder pistol inna dark. Glorious ring of fire from cylinder "leakage", and a ten-fargin-foot flame out toward the backstop.

View attachment 318082
If it's in .44, it's an Army. The Navy's were made in .36 caliber. Got one.
I have a rifle made on a .44 caliber Remington design. It's a hoot to shoot, it can be used during muzzle loading deer season, but ya gotta remember NOT to put your hand in front of the cylinder while firing. The flash gap with resulting burn will remind you quickly, and a chain fire will remove digits. :)

Similar issues in younger days, resulting in getting caught with hot firearms. They made us talk to a DA to scare us. One of my buddies stole the ashtray from his office....had a nice inscription and State seal of their office.

Bubba
Funny the same buddy who filmed for some of sesame street off shoot stuff did a gig on the Intrepid a aircraft destroyer which was a museum. Got there at 8:30 set up easy and I had the run of the ship unencumbered. I was looking to take something, but when you have zillions of city kids going on the boat thru the years, it told me if there was anything it was already taken .They welded everything down !

Funny the same buddy who filmed for some of sesame street off shoot stuff did a gig on the Intrepid a aircraft destroyer which was a museum. Got there at 8:30 set up easy and I had the run of the ship unencumbered. I was looking to take something, but when you have zillions of city kids going on the boat thru the years, it told me if there was anything it was already taken .They welded everything down !
Its true Kids are like mice !they will step over something they should pick up but are more through than a certain twits lawyers.

If it's in .44, it's an Army. The Navy's were made in .36 caliber. Got one.
I have a rifle made on a .44 caliber Remington design. It's a hoot to shoot, it can be used during muzzle loading deer season, but ya gotta remember NOT to put your hand in front of the cylinder while firing. The flash gap with resulting burn will remind you quickly, and a chain fire will remove digits. :)
Did you grease pack the cyl before using

Latest posts

Back