Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before my dad passed away he attended one of my boxing matches. I told him he could be in the corner as I was probably having my last fight. Coach handed him Vaseline and said "put it on him".
My dad reeled back and flung the Vaseline jar back at the coach and said " is they fightin' or f_kin' ?"
He did spend a lot of time behind bars, so I understand the confusion.

There are some places you shouldn't go.

d759c31a-c4fe-4f56-a63f-d19fdbe54dab.mp4

Last edited:
If it's in .44, it's an Army. The Navy's were made in .36 caliber. Got one.
I have a rifle made on a .44 caliber Remington design. It's a hoot to shoot, it can be used during muzzle loading deer season, but ya gotta remember NOT to put your hand in front of the cylinder while firing. The flash gap with resulting burn will remind you quickly, and a chain fire will remove digits. :)
I had to stop and think a while on that one... since I have my 1851 Navy .44 pistol on my lap at the moment.

I did some checking, and we are both in the same world on this. 🤔 :) Navy revolvers were only made in .36 caliber back in 1851. Yup. Nevertheless, you can now buy a brand new one -- in .44 caliber. TINS -- I gots one:
1674726963471.png

And just to make you shiver, I found out this very moanin' that you can buy a...

Wait for it...

Confederate Navy 1851 .44 revolver. (What is this world coming to...)

Before my dad passed away he attended one of my boxing matches. I told him he could be in the corner as I was probably having my last fight. Coach handed him Vaseline and said "put it on him".
My dad reeled back and flung the Vaseline jar back at the coach and said " is they fightin' or f_kin' ?"
He did spend a lot of time behind bars, so I understand the confusion.
Sounds like something my Dad would have said
.😂😂😂

I had to stop and think a while on that one... since I have my 1851 Navy .44 pistol on my lap at the moment.

I did some checking, and we are both in the same world on this. 🤔 :) Navy revolvers were only made in .36 caliber back in 1851. Yup. Nevertheless, you can now buy a brand new one -- in .44 caliber. TINS -- I gots one:
View attachment 318297
And just to make you shiver, I found out this very moanin' that you can buy a...

Wait for it...

Come on Unc!
I CAN READ !
GIVE US A WARNING NEXT TIME YOU USE THAT "C" WORD PLEASE.
WHEN I READ IT, I AVERTED MY EYES SO MUCH I ALMOST FELL OFF THE CHAIR.
WARN US PLEASE FIRST....!

Come on Unc!
I CAN READ !
GIVE US A WARNING NEXT TIME YOU USE THAT "C" WORD PLEASE.
WHEN I READ IT, I AVERTED MY EYES SO MUCH I ALMOST FELL OFF THE CHAIR.
WARN US PLEASE FIRST....!
God damned Yankee!

Reminds me of an old joke. A guy is driving his truck in North (by God) Carolina. He's about to cross a bridge when he sees a young man standing on the edge, getting ready to jump. He stops his truck and yells, "Don't do it! I know things seem bad now, but just think of your mom and dad!"
Young dude says, "I grew up in an orphanage, I never knew my mother and father."
"Well, think of your wife and kids!"
"Never married, and I have no kids."
"Well, think of Robert E. Lee!"
"Who's Robert E. Lee?"
"Jump, ya damned Yankee!"

View attachment 318297

Wait for it...

Sorry Walt. I thought you probably had an original that your dad bought you brand new when you graduated college. :)

Sorry Walt. I thought you probably had an original that your dad bought you brand new when you graduated college. :)
Now ya triggered me. My Family has always been military. I received the most touching wedding present from my Unca Harry. It was on his hip at Omaha Beach on D-Day.
1674749769353.jpeg

He got sorta blowed up later on by a Kraut 88. He got a stipend from the Gummint for back injury: $15/mo. But he got all better... Big, tall, with John Wayne eyes. Taught me how to shoot straight pool.

Latest posts

Back