Boris!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BORIS

Reaction score
Been growing Nirvanas Raspberry Cough for a while now.
Not a bad strain at all. Easy to clone and the clones can take all kinds of abuse and bounce back to health. Its a kind of magic..

Just about to add some new strains:

:farm: White Skunk, White Label (Got a clone under 12/12 since a week now but still havent been able to sex it)

:farm: Northern Lights Special, Spliff Seeds

:farm: Babylonia Fruit, Vulkania Seeds

:farm: Royal Moby, Royal Queen Seeds

The latter three are all feminised so I havent started germinating them yet.

I grow in a sort of fairly big closet space. Walls are natural wood this far but My plan is to get either Mylar up, or just slap some nice white paint on the walls.
Soil is my medium and Ive been experimenting some with the volume of the pots. Usually somwhere between 1.6 and 2.5 gal.
Propably will be using pots close to 2 gal. for them all this time.
I have been using a 400w HPS light for a while and recently added another light.. Its tubes, I think 2x75w. Need to do a bit of research on this one.. I know its a growlight but thats pretty much all I know. It was a gift from someone who used it for tomatoes.

Planning to document this grow to some extent.

Anyone here familiar with the strains Im adding?
Grateful for all input. :)

/B

the closet is bigger than that speaker box huh?

I have a friend that grew out the RC wasn't bad smoke

Welcome to MP. I would skip the mylar and go with flat white paint.

it looks like boris has been a member for a while but welcome just the same...

Welcome to MP. My grow room is painted ceiling white, don`t think there`s any brighter white. Works great for me.

Thanks for Your input guys. :)

Been a passive, very passive, member for a long time. Registered and sort of never gotten around to do much more than that.
Was growing in a minimal space back then, not optimal at all.
Too high tempratures and all around just trying to make the best out of very poor conditions.

I used ceiling white for the inside of the box in that earlier setup and it worked just fine.
Mylar is of course a lot more expensive and from what I hear not as effective. (?)
An alternative would maybe be a couple of those mylar rescue-blankets.
I was thinking maybe just put them up using thumbtacks. I need to be able to clean the room out on fairly short notice.
Nothing I expect will ever happen, but just in case..

Been growing on and off for quite a while.
Never had a BIG setup but I guess Im slowly, but surely, getting a little bit bigger. :)
Coolest thing with stepping up from tiny super stealthy to this new setup is that I can grow several seedlings from the same mom at the same time.
I suppose this is a newbie/firsttimer kinda thing.. But to be able to see several clones growing has made me a much better farmer. Getting to know the strain and all its quirks is a lot easier with a couple of sisters developing side by side.

I guess some of You know what Im talking about.
The ones of You that dont should really try it, if You can squeeze it into Your space. Easier to watch out for nuteburns, def's, disease and all those nasties when You have other clones for reference.

Anyone familiar w the spanish seedbanks and strains?
Really curious and I have been looking around a bit but its a whole new world to me.
Havent even heard of most the strains, never mind the banks..
Hard to make out whats good and whats crap windowshopping on the internet.

/B

Welcome, regardless the circumstances.

The problem with mylar is that it must be hung perfectly straight with absolutely no wrinkles to keep those great refklctive percentages. It also does not wash well. FLAT white paint (should be flat paint for the best reflectability.

The term "grow light" can mean a lot of different things. Since I have never seen or heard of a 75W tube, I am thinking that the wattage is not 75W. Some of these lights are good and some are marginal. The 2 tubes are probably not going to add a whole lot of light to your space. You might want to consider using it just for seedings and clones. Can you find out exactly what they are?

It is great to get bigger and larger, but don't make your space larger than what your light can handle. A 400W is good for about 9-10 sq ft. A good ventilation system will really help with the heat and with winter coming up, I find I need the extra heat.

Mandala is in Spain. Their Satori is absolutely my favorite strain. I have tried several of their other strains and never been disappointed. There are a myriad of breeders out there and a huge amount of strains and crosses--I haven't quite figured out when a cross becomes a strain. I always encourage new growers to go with older established strains. Some of these new ones are not very stable. I usually order from Attitude, who is a seed distributor that handles many different breeders--you can get Mandala strains there.

LOL Rosebud, now that THG says it, it makes sense... I never made the connection either. :)

PP, thanks for making me feel less stupid. You always have my back. thanks. lol

Everyone seems to like them so much, I had been wondering where they were out of. I had been meaning to look that up. lol Never crossed my mind that Mandala might be spanish. hahaha Some times i feel a little silly too....:stoned:

Hello!

The tubes, although I still dont know any facts, were used for the last tomatoes of the season inside a greenhouse.
I know my 400w was a little on the low end for the room Im using (appx 3,5x2 meters).
For now I use the tubes standing upright and from what I can make out, roughly a week after introducing the tubes. the plants are growing a lot tighter.
Stretching healthy looking leaves towards the tubes.
Or more like turning the leaves.. No stretch. :)

As I wrote earlier Im trying Vulkania Seeds, from the Canary Islands.
Will definately check out Mandala as well. Thanks guys!! :)

/B

Latest posts

Back