Both plant look very different

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S1 should in theory be the same genetic information but there is still clearly a fight for dominance of the stretch gene in my first s1. I selfed a stretchy one and the seeds so far have all been identical and show the same stretch trait. So either I’ve jumped ahead from f2 to s2 or something else is going on I don’t yet understand. I believed the original seed planted was a f2 crossed from 2 near identical plants, but that is impossible to determine. ——>so here lies my only unknown and that’s a big what if.

Also, this has little to do with sex. Sex would be a trait. As far as I can tell all females carry the gene to make male parts. Which makes sense as even a strong dominant female gene has an alternate recessive corresponding gene right? So you would never be able to get to 0%Y and 100%X with respect to male/female.

Funny story I remember male is XY and female is XX because of Tim Allen. Males have the Y gene so “Y do I have to deal with this (female B S).” 😂

Last edited:
So, you're forcing them to hermie?
I wouldn’t call it a hermaphrodite. I’m forcing a female to express a few male flowers with what would normally be impossible under natural conditions. It’s taken the better part of a decade to get this strain to give me just a few opportunities at this.

A herm, for me, is a plant that under normal budding conditions expresses both male and female. These are a big no no.

The Og flowers I’ve been able to attain with the end of times light schedule still must be manually plucked when trimming, forced open with a brush in a pill container at the next cycle, and painted on the buds. This last round I attempted to do it again and like so many other times it does not appear any of the pollen was fertile.

Apocalyptic environmental conditioning 🤣

Be angry at her. Let her veg 24/0 then switch to 13/11 on a timer for 5 days then maybe 18/9 for some 27 hour days (manual light tripping) throw her back into 13/11 for a week before 10/14 lighting.

Play with it. You’ll convince the plant the end is here.🤣

AEC Tec!

bitchin’!

I thought maybe you used gibberllic acid or colloidal silver

I found that FFCHIMT(Fecking Feline Claw Holes In My Tent) tech worked pretty well at getting my plants to throw male flowers. I kept some seeds but I don’t trust them…

I found that FFCHIMT(Fecking Feline Claw Holes In My Tent) tech worked pretty well at getting my plants to throw male flowers. I kept some seeds but I don’t trust them…
I often leave my flower room doors open, left it open 4” for a week while on vacation. Light gets in, but it’s so hard to get this Og to give a flower. It’s very very female. There are definitely varying degrees of male and female in cannabis plants.

Clones expressing differences is pretty rare if all things are equal(light, grow medium, nutrients, environment). S1’s are supposed to be seeds from self pollinated plants(thanks to @OGKushman for making me research f and s genetic definitions) so they are more likely to give seeds that have different phenotypes mixed in(from what I have read, not from experience).
The only difference is one plant, the sticky one is one I manifold (main lined) as an experiment after the clone was unruly. Other than that they were treated equally with food water light and time in the tent. The ugly sticky one has crispy leaves around the bud sites now. checked the ph runoff last week it was 5.8 (I was expecting it to be high for some reason) letting Ms ugly hang out trichomes are heavy on both plants. We shall see I guess but wish this ugly girl looked a bit greener.

AEC Tec!

bitchin’!

I thought maybe you used gibberllic acid or colloidal silver
Long time ago I left my lights at 12.5 on and 11.5 off for a whole cycle by accident and discovered this is a magic photo period to make cannabis plants do some whacko stuff.

The only difference is one plant, the sticky one is one I manifold (main lined) as an experiment after the clone was unruly. Other than that they were treated equally with food water light and time in the tent. The ugly sticky one has crispy leaves around the bud sites now. checked the ph runoff last week it was 5.8 (I was expecting it to be high for some reason) letting Ms ugly hang out trichomes are heavy on both plants. We shall see I guess but wish this ugly girl looked a bit greener.
I hope the ugly duckling turns into a swan for you when she is chopped, dried and cured…

So I got both seeds from Greenpoint purple punch s1. They're sprouted 2 months apart. The earlier one sat outside in the cold and basically didn't grow for a month. When I got a tent a month later then I started the second seed and then they were eventually transplanted into 3 gallon fabric pots for a bit then into octopots. Is this weird that they're this different or did I possible get different seeds?

One plant has very small dark green purple leaves with heavy frosting and the buds are almost non existent at week 7 flower
The other has dense buds but is light green with some yellowing. (This is the first plant sprouted)
Trichromes are both clear currently and they're fed the same schedule of veg + bloom and flower fuel at 1200 ppm at a pH of average 6.2 ish.

Do you think there's any user error or just that's the genetics of the seed? The frosty one has some much trichs but barely any bud (mostly small leaves) and the other has dense buds but isn't really too frosty.
Wouldn't that be just the dominant gene working. I mean if it's 80%indica and 20% sativa, then theoretically 8 out of 10 plants will take on a shorter bushy indica look while the other 2 will be the tall sativa strain? I always notice that when I'm planting numerous plants of the same strain. Some will be indica and some will be sativa. I imagine the potency and smell could be affected right?

Wouldn't that be just the dominant gene working. I mean if it's 80%indica and 20% sativa, then theoretically 8 out of 10 plants will take on a shorter bushy indica look while the other 2 will be the tall sativa strain? I always notice that when I'm planting numerous plants of the same strain. Some will be indica and some will be sativa. I imagine the potency and smell could be affected right?

Well height, like humans, it is multifactorial which I'm sure is controlled by a few hundred genes. So when you consider strains, I doubt it'll correlate that well to the relative percentages of off spring with genotype. Mainly since there's recessive genes, variable penetrance genes, conditional genes, and random mutations that will factor into the overall phenotype.

Latest posts

Back