Both sunlight and indoor lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theropod13

Reaction score
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere or in any books I've read so I'll ask here. Is it a bad idea during veg to have plants outside (in pots) all day and then once the sun goes down bring them inside and place them under LEDs so that it's a 24 hour light period?

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere or in any books I've read so I'll ask here. Is it a bad idea during veg to have plants outside (in pots) all day and then once the sun goes down bring them inside and place them under LEDs so that it's a 24 hour light period?

it is not a bad idea in my opinion , i have done it for years

E72C2638-4A58-4087-98D0-5B9AF52AA6A9.jpeg

The only caveat is insects and bringing them indoors when you bring the plants in. I think big uses spinosad and something BT to keep pests away but I prefer to either go indoor or outdoor. Not a combination of the 2.

Well if you want them to grow more then bringing them in under high intensity light is possible, but outside, such high intensity is a bug magnet. They do use small lights in closed greenhouses to mess with the photoperiod so they would not flower but you need very little light for this. They also use fixtures that direct the light towards the canopy to prevent light escaping and inviting insects. This low intensity light will not make them grow faster, if anything it could promote excessive stretching

If they are autos, why do you want to bring them in for 24 hour light? Shouldn’t they grow in any light? I’m just asking because I just put two outside (my first autos ever outside) to make room in my tent. They are 4 weeks old ish and have already started pre-flower
331BDAAC-974B-41C4-B760-3F0E3A976C63.jpeg

Yes they do Have holes in the bottom. I grew the freaks in them last year. I couldn’t transplant them as that’s not to good for autos this late in the game. they are planted in 3 gallon tall fabric pots. I put the 3 gal pots in these pots because I wanted to use them then packed soil all around the pot. I hope I didn’t screw that big idea up just to be in a cute pot

Well if you want them to grow more then bringing them in under high intensity light is possible, but outside, such high intensity is a bug magnet. They do use small lights in closed greenhouses to mess with the photoperiod so they would not flower but you need very little light for this. They also use fixtures that direct the light towards the canopy to prevent light escaping and inviting insects. This low intensity light will not make them grow faster, if anything it could promote excessive stretching
Bugs bugs bugs

Latest posts

Back