Bottled Water pH levels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneyme

Father Nature
Reaction score
I've been testing a lot of different bottled water brands and it's unbelievable how different some of these are. The Wal Mart brand distilled water has a pH around 7.2-7.4, then Roundys brand water is only at 5.2-5.5 . I even bought some from Jewel Osco that was 8.6. My tap water is horrible so I have to buy A LOT OF WATER. It just makes so much more work when I have to play around with the pH levels of every kind for a half an hour before each watering.

I hear ya, ppm levels can get pretty wild too. My home reverse osmosis system puts out cleaner water than store bought distilled.

Elephant Man said:
I hear ya, ppm levels can get pretty wild

PPM is the only reason to get a filter/reverse osmosis/buy water.... 99% of tap water ph is 7-9.

KADE said:
PPM is the only reason to get a filter/reverse osmosis/buy water.... 99% of tap water ph is 7-9.

I hear ya...but I bought mine to really build my microbial life.;) Just thought it was interesting to note that I get 4 ppm out of my RO system and 60 ppm out of store bought distilled...pretty crappy IMO.:p

E-man now i know why you got "MAD SCIENTIST" Moderator ahahahah :)

I can' understand that... 60ppm isn't f all tho =)

I'm glad u don't buy ur water... I dunno why anyone would ever do it.. unless it was in the 5 gallon "culligan man type" jugs... which are still kinda $$ for water.... however I guess I live in Canada... which has an overabundance of good water really..

KADE said:
I can' understand that... 60ppm isn't f all tho =)

I'm glad u don't buy ur water... I dunno why anyone would ever do it.. unless it was in the 5 gallon "culligan man type" jugs... which are still kinda $$ for water.... however I guess I live in Canada... which has an overabundance of good water really..

LOL...my city water is really not that bad...7'ish and 300ppm...but tastes like crap...I grew just fine without RO water, but I was buying filtered to drink so I made the big purchase for the ladies and myself ;)...but would just like to say that an RO system is not absolutely necessary...and for anyone who is considering installing one, make sure you pick up some epsoms or Cal/Mag too if you are in soil...and some hydro nutes are made for tap, some for RO.

Thanks Brouli! Just a crazy old grower here that likes to share. ;)

Latest posts

Back