bottom feeding?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffy

i love mj!
Reaction score
is there a long term negative to bottom feeding?

Possible over saturation that could deprive oxygenation to the rootsystem. Do you let it dry out between waterings? Another would be ph offset if you dont keep your water catch pans clean. i.e nute residue and mineral buildup..

i only give it what it drinks in 5 min. water does not sit in tray!!! & i clean tray while soil is drying out. (bottom feeding) not soaking!

cool, just thought i'd chime in with what you may encounter. Anything happening to your special ladies that is causing concern?

just working the kinks out of my room. clean , new room. i had gnats, killed them. slight ph issue. fixing that. just getting ready to turn on 12/12, so im doing some tests to figure out heat, venting control, r/h, space. i dont want 2 & cant **** this up. lol

IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

I never had a problem bottom feeding in fact I prefer it to watering from the top. I like the way plants grow in the Mother Earth style growing boxes.

call out image Earth box.gif

I have done it..... I just think it doesn't rinse or wash through the soil...... like watering the top of the soil does...... I'm also uncertain about all nutrients getting to the entire root system of the plant....... even the soil you use could have an effect.

:ciao: Ruffy

I do just as you are speaking..I do how ever bubble everything prior...I use all sorts diffrent catch basins and what works best is best..I do also like to "flush" where I run a cycle throught hte top just to wash away any salt build ups..But I mostley bottom feed...Stay with it..You will love the results

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

thanks 4 u! hope all is well bro & thanks

Ive done both and for years did bottom feeding but nowadays do hempys and have not looked back since about 2 years of constant growing.
Im with grower13 on this one but tbh the roots always reach for the bottom unless ya using airpots so do whats best for you.
Try hempys just the one and i will guarantee you wont go back to anything else.
T4

Latest posts

Back