Bout ready to start the new grow. need some pointers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganja_Greg

Cannabis Cultivation
Reaction score
OK... soo you all have seen my last grow and reveg attempt... shitty ventilation, reused soil , wrong nutes for the job etc... pretty much gave me the kinda weed i didnt think i was going to end up with i mean it was ok mids at most for you familiar with street slang. basically i tried to be WAY to cheap.. which brings us to our next part of this rant.

im starting a new grow in about 2-4 weeks , any pointers for some mid priced GOOD soil , also a good set up of veg-flowering ferts and nutes?

Heres my strains all be using and the way i actually ended up getting them, ones a 100% sativa and the other a mixture with more indica

After Getting my IBL 100% african Sativa beans from d utchbreed.com which were not purchased by the way, i simply asked for a sample and they just happened to have some older seeds they couldnt sell anymore because they got stuck in customs for 2 months... he warned me that there was a good chance that only 50% of the seeds he sent me would sprout so he sent about 60-70 stealth delivery. i was so over joyed knowing that i would atleast get a good 5-20 plants out of them i then started going to every forum i know basically advertising for them... well the owner sent me an email about 3 days later saying he noticed i have been "Bigging" them up and that he had 6 new customers who had stated they were refered by me in there purchase, and that he would be sending me a 10 seeds of a strain that i have had my eye on since day one! there unique to dutchbreed "Crude Oil" strain the name speaks for it self...

sooo these are the strains all be growing and the place i got them from as you can tell im very stoned at the moment as i just wrote a crap load in about 35 sec...

Sticking with CFL's anything else is to hot sadly... still im pretty much at 20,000 lumens for a pretty small area ,

you all have seen my grow box pretty ghetto i know.. well not anymore pics soon! going to try some new methods also, i want to try topping this time for some more cola's , LST from the begining, also instead of one plant this time i plant to start off around 3-4 and clip the males or all of them however it turns out..

soo i hope you enjoyed my last grow the next one will be incredibly better.. down for any comments opinions whatever let her loose!

GG:hubba:

Hi Ganga Greg. As for soil, I recommend pro mix. It is a great soil for growing mj. I would definitely get it. Strains sound fine. I hope you do get some sprouts from the 60-70 beans. I'm pretty sure you will. I just can't wait to see you growing again my friend. Take care and keep us posted. Be safe.

20,000 lumens = 2'x2' square to grow in. Be able to fit one, maybe 2 plants in, with poorer results with jamming 2 plants in there. Do u know anything about your sativa like how tall it will grow. Sativa's don't do well in tight places. 1 indica vegged for a month is all u will fit in there if u want descent results imo.

eh crazyhorse thats what LST and topping is for, u can fit any kind of plant in any container IMO with growing techniques... as far as the lighting HPS will AGAIN... simply not work i know that i am forfeiting some potency with the lack of light but HPS would basically just cook a plant in there...

i forgot to mention this is still micro growing. i just want to use better soil and nutes ive seen a guy with 5k lumens over one plant in a gigantic closet and the thing did amazing i belive it has alot to do with his nutes and soil... but i definetaly see where your coming from crazyhorse and when i bone out on this place im living at im going to get a 400w HPS and a new cabinet..

thanks smokey all look into that soil

ahhh, the old sativa micro-gro. verrry interesting

It may not be the best strain to put in there but it will work, given the right conditions. I think it will work out just fine. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Depends on strain of sativa. Mine I topped a couple times, did some heavy lsting on my sativa clone. Flowered when she was 6", and she grew 3' tall. So I'm guessing if it is pure sativa, she will be a monster. Not worth all the work when u can just put 1 or 2 nice indicas in and forget about the headaches. Save the sat's for when u get a HPS.

Latest posts

Back