Boveda during curing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gkap

Reaction score
This is my first curing experience- I am in my 2nd week and my jars were reading 45percent humidity so three days ago I placed Boveda 62percent into my jars -
Today they are all reading 55-60 percent humidity- am I doing the right thing ?
I think I can kinda smell something different when burp them now - is this normal ? Maybe I will take some out of a few jars for an experiment...

Never used them. Just burped my jars. Smells change as they cure. Long is it dont smell like mold.
Maybe someone else will chime in.

go figure, I love the boveda packs, you can buy them in many strengths to dial in your buds...I like the 62% for the long haul...gotta take the buds out a day before you wanna smoke them because the keep them fresh...

Whats up with your water bro.

my water has so many minerals in it that they wont uptake nutes...they are slowly dying every time I feed them...gonna hook up my old ro system today...fill a glass with water and a half hour later the minerals settle to a white film on the bottom...super calcium situation

Im confused,, i thought minerals which are also in rain water would be good for your plants. Whats the ph of your run off.?

I've not looked at the run off since I figured out it was the water...my well is in limestone and it makes the water cloudy...leaves turn yellow and brown and I know damn well I've got plenty of nitrogen...

I would check the run off. Just curious about the ph and how far off it is. I set on limestone and all my plants that are in the ground grow like crazy. You have to use an iron bar around here to dig because you hit limestone about 10" down. I know because i have fruit trees and such that i planted and its a pain in the ass digging holes.😁 Good thing is my house never moves. No cracks or settling.

Totally agree. I like using rain water. Problem is we haven't had any dang rain in along time.

Boveda 62% humidity packs are great for long term Storage. Not for Curing. I always get a Good Dry Cure on the weed then use 62 for storage.
The Harder the Boveda pack get the less useful it is. To the point of being useless. My 2 Cents YMMV

My cure jars were around 45% H for a week so I put them in for two days - got them upto 60% and then took the packs out . Might work well ???

My cure jars were around 45% H for a week so I put them in for two days - got them upto 60% and then took the packs out . Might work well ???
Sounds like you are right on track. They do work both ways. Once they get to 62 % Humidity. They are able to remove moisture. But only for so long.

Boveda packs are great!!! I'm not just saying that because I am a boveda dealer(I have never sold one to anyone), but because they are the perfect storage solution.

The op stated that they wanted to use for curing. The op also posted that the rh was 45%, and as it is widely believed that all curing stops at 55% rh, there was no cure going on. The boveda packs have re-hydrated the overly dry bud, but in doing so did not start the cure process up again.

Boveda packs can be quite useful in the curing process. By not allowing the rh to drop to 55% you can keep the cure going for years if you are so inclined.

It was either spend a buttload of $$$ and build a humidor or buy boveda packs for me. I became a dealer to save money because I buy the 67 gram 62% packs by the hundred:D

2b2s

I have used the Boveda 62% packs for a few years now and love 'em for curing and long term storage. I had 2 and 3 year old flowers that was just like fresh stored flowers. They loose some flavor, but were as potent as ever. Also have some Boveda packs that have been in the jars for the duration (2-3 years) and still are soft. I did hear somewhere that there was a way to rejuvanate the hard packs in a microwave.

Latest posts

Back