box around fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
i bought a 6" fan that i pull air from duct work blow it through my 600w hps then blow it out into another room. the fan is really loud. can i build a insulated box around this fan, so its not so loud?

Is the fan installed in-wall?
When I had that problem, I ghetto-rigged a foam rubber gasket for the fan which greatly cut down the noise factor.

I bought some insulated ducting and it really helps with keeping heat out of your room and I put a 6 inch inline duct fan inside of that and it is pretty quiet you have to be right next to it to hear it

both them ideas sound like they would work . id suggest trying duct tape around it tightly as many times as needed .anyways my suggestion is just cheaper and quicker not neccesary better.

yeah that is another thing I would try duct tape is definitely always on hand for anything half my room is duct tape lol so yeah whatever you want but noise from those fans are definiteley a pain Try covering up a in room air conditioner! Not happening

Wrapping duct tape, or anything aorund the fan may cause excessive heat and burn the fan out or at least limit it's life.

as long as you do not duct tape the back side from sucking in air you should be fine . vibration will cause any moving part to wear out exspecially if it has bearings in it .

Latest posts

Back