Breaker Problem as summer here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok all you Good Folks.!! How you all doing.? Sorry I haven't been posting any Crops in a long time, but to much of this and that B.S..

Ok summer time is here again "YUCK" "YUCK" rather have colder so I don't have to worry about this breaker problems.

Here what I got, Main breaker on meter pole that runs into the house is a 200 amp breaker with 2 #4 awg wire legs that goes 25 ft into the house into a 200 amp breaker. Problem is I can't turn my A/C on with out the house breaker gets hot and pops over a month time and as the breaker on meter pole get kinda hot to at the same time. I can run the A/C as long as I ONLY have a few things on that DON"T pull to much power.
But as soon as I start the washer & dryer the breaker get hot and then pops and I reset it and then it might last a few days and then it Pops for good and have to replace the house 200 amp breaker, but not the pole breaker.

Here what I want to do is take out the 200 amp breaker and replace it with it 125 amp breaker for each legs and that be 250 amp breaker and do the same for the breaker on the meter pole and HOPE for the Best and have NO more problems. Hopefully

I thought about taking and put another breaker box which it be smaller box on the outside of the house just under main breaker panel on the house and run a new 2 #4 wire to it and hook up A/C to it and be done with it. The pole Meter breaker box only has 2 breakers, 1 is for the house and the other breaker is for the well pump 2-#20 amp breakers that is 12 awg wire that runs about 100ft to well. I want to add another 6 slot breaker panel under that main breaker panel and hook up well pump to that breaker and then I can run another 2-#4 wire to my new shed with a 20 slot breaker panel so I can have power to my shed and have power to run my new grow and equipments in shed. I DON"T WANT ANY PROBLEMS WHEN I DO THIS.

Can or cant I remove the old 200 amps breakers and replace it with the 250 amp breakers and be safe. I am only upping it by 25 amp for each leg

HERE SOME PICTURES.

Thanks for any input.

View attachment 5-25-14 006.jpg

View attachment 5-25-14 007.jpg

I built a shed that 16ft wide by 20ft long that 8ft height, with 2 lofts for storage that 8ft tall loft total height of shed is 16ft tall and it need power and the Meter box is about 20ft away from shed.

View attachment 5-25-14 033.jpg

#4 MTW is only rated for 95 amps.
Your service wire looks to be #4 as well, if it is, you cannot increase your main breaker without a bigger service.
Either way you will have to increase your wire size into the house to run a bigger breaker.

Your breaker is 100 amps.

You have 100 amp service with 100 amp per leg all systems run 2 pole with ground so you have two 100 amp services one for each pole so you cannot go over 100 amp per each pole kinda screwy cause you got 2 100 amp services which many think its 200 amps its only 100 per pole

You need to look into a service upgrade, #2 wire from the pole to a new 200 amp metered panel with breakers to feed your sub panel to the house panel, and a sub panel for the shed.

Well Crap I figure u all would say that. Lol
Guess going with what I was going to in the first place and put another box on side of house with new wire and then new box under meter and run #2 wire to that new box and so on..
Money money all pocket change lol.

Ty all for my conclusion

Man i just did a job like that only the pole got hit by lightning and it fryied everything from the pole all the way to our home well it was my sisters hose it was thanksgiveing to we did not take baths for 4 days till me and my brother in law the beains of the operation put it all back to gether we had a good time no electric it was freezing all we had was a old kerosean cooking pot that we kept on at night to keep from freezing to death boy i thought i was a pioneer all are food spoiled we were in a bad way but we fineally got it all back together just as it started to snow then we sat down and had one of the best thanksgivings i ever had it was an experience,so be carefull your amps could cause a fire with all your breakers popping good luck 888

Latest posts

Back