Brief introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpassion

Reaction score
Hi to all members! I am a newby and also practically a newby when it comes to cultivating Cannabis. 2012 only 2 plants which perished with Budrot. 2013 5 plants attacked by botrytis and destroyed. 2014 16 plants all attacked by Botrytis. Then, a friend gave me 5 plants to start again... 3 were male, hence destroyed, 1 rather skimpy but no signs of Botrytis whilst the other one was attacked. I did not destroy this plant but tried to keep the budrot under control, that is trimming away the affected parts, It now seems that I have succeeded in saving the rest of the buds. Hopefully, harvest within a few days. My friend has a 13 ft plant to give me, I controlled it and found 3 buds affected by Botrytis which were cut away. Hopefully this plant can also be harvested with a few days, I say Hopefuly. This plant is a Sativa but I do not know more.
Marijuana buds I need to make medical oil. Hopefully with my 2 little ones and his big plant I hope to make about 60 gr. of oil.
I live in S.Italy where the climate is normally excellent for external growing. This year hasn't been very predictable. Now I would like to add and adendum for growers who were prof. photographers in their early years. Question:
Do you think that a roll film, slide, sheet film, drier will be suitable for quick and safe drying. Not the metal cabinet dryer but the drier with a zippered plastic elongated area to hang films in a dustfree area.

ANY PHOTOGRAPHERS?

Peace to all members and enormous harvests. I forgot to mention that next year I intend to plant Holland's Hope feminized.

:welcome: to MP!

I hope you figure out your bud rot issue. That's terrible that you keep losing plants to it.

Welcome to MP....you might want to check out the Outdoor Section. We have a few OD Growers on here.

I think my next years crop will be better. I have already ordered 12 seeds of Hollands Hope which was recommended to me by Jeff Ditchfield. This strain 80% indica and 20% sativa is supposed to be extremely resistant to budrot. Lets hope so!

I am not a photographer, so have no idea if what you have described will work. However, you do not want a quick dry--you want a slow dry. You want a cool dry place with some air movement--I would assume that something that was dust tight is also air tight, so this may not work. You do need someplace for the moisture to evaporate to. Depending on your climate (how humid it is) and the density of the bud, it usually takes about 4-7 days for bud to dry enough to jar it up for the cure. Most of use try to give it at least 2 weeks, but more is better.

You say that you have ordered Holland's Hope seeds....are you going to do an inside grow now?

welcome to MP, I agree with THG that you want a slow dry and a slow cure.

best wishes to you on your next grow. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back