brittle, crispy leaves- can she be saved?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j2x

Reaction score
So, just like feeding your young is vital, so seems watering consistantly. I made the cardinal sin of not checking on my mom for five days (don't ask, the 70 hours that i worked last week left me delerious). When I rushed to her side yesterday morning I saw all but the few large fan leaves fried. I'd say 95% of her growth was shriveled up and brittle to the touch.

She lives in soil under fluros in a space that is conditioned between 60-70 degrees.

I immediately watered her a lot, gave her some nutes, and said a prayer.
This morning, she looked almost the same. I optimistically watered her a bit more.

Think that there's any hope for her? Can you think of anything else that I could do to help save her?

Don't overwater, that's a common problem. Pictures would help.....
Leaving a plant alone for 5 days inside isn't the best idea.

j2x said:
I made the cardinal sin of not checking on my mom for five days...When I rushed to her side yesterday morning I saw all but the few large fan leaves fried. I'd say 95% of her growth was shriveled up and brittle to the touch.
Oh man! After that much stress, there is a real good chance that she'll hermie on you if she does recover.

I would take the lesson, start another host plant and kick yourself in the butt for being bad.

What a drag!

Well, good luck on the next one man!

hermi was one thing that I was specificly worried about. i'll take some pix tonight (when I get back home from WORK!)

j2x said:
hermi was one thing that I was specificly worried about. i'll take some pix tonight (when I get back home from WORK!)

She probably won't be showing that she's a hermie already.

Latest posts

Back