Brix's hydro LED grow tutorial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next, we need to make leads from the manifold to the drip ring long enough to reach the pots. When it's all assembled it will look like this. I call her medusa! :lmao: then we'll put the pump back in the reservoir. The manifold just sits in the flood table and the drip rings will be secured to the net pots with a piece of wire, bread tie, or even a zip tie.

View attachment image.jpg

I started to hang my lights, when I realized I need to shorten the hangers, I'll simply cut cables down 7" and make a new loop using a crimp on ferrul and stop. This will buy me some more room to grow!

View attachment image.jpg

So I finally got my tracking number for my seed purchase from the attitude to work on USPS website. I ordered my seeds on 4-11. They sent me an email with a tracking number and a shipping confirmation on 4-13. It took til today for it to track the package. It kept saying not found! Well today it worked and my package is in the states and is in transit to my state now. I should get them tomorrow or the next day! Doing the happy dance! I can't wait to get growing again! :aok:

Stay tuned folks, I have plenty more to do! Oh and I will be growing in hydroton, and will be germinating in rapid rooters! Just FYI.

He's top feeding till their roots get to where they need to be.

Curious why you choose to top feed over bottom feed?

Yeah I'm just top feeding while they're small, say two weeks, then bottom feeding the whole way! Look forward to having you around this journal to pick your brain through this pj. I am a led virgin, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from you!

Top feeding can certainly be done, but you add the risk of rotting seedlings by keeping the medium too wet towards the top of the pot.

I have found over the years it is best to have roots grow in to your food rather than force feed a seedlings not quite ready.

What medium have your chosen to use in this project?

I think he is growing in hydroton..........

Top feeding can certainly be done, but you add the risk of rotting seedlings by keeping the medium too wet towards the top of the pot.

I have found over the years it is best to have roots grow in to your food rather than force feed a seedlings not quite ready.

What medium have your chosen to use in this project?
I'm using hydroton, I'm not opposed to bottom feeding, I was just worried about how to get the water level up high enough to reach the taproot when its first emerging, I don't want it to dry out and die, I hear what your saying about keeping it too wet. What do you think would be the best plan?

Who said anything about over watering?

"Top feeding can certainly be done, but you add the risk of rotting seedlings by keeping the medium too wet towards the top of the pot."

Sorry, I ment to say "Hydroton shouldn't keep the medium too wet"

Not overwatering.. wrong words, my bad PJ :aok:

Latest posts

Back