Brix's hydro LED grow tutorial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to have you along THG, it's gonna be a learning experience for all of us! PJ will be here to help us along the way as well! Thank god! Lol

Hey Brix... Tent #2 comes down today, for me. :D

Stay tuned. I know I did poopy training, but I think I'm going to have an "ok" yield. Also, density was more than I imagined, honestly!

I saw that, I can't wait to hear some real numbers. I can't wait to see your new setup. I've been thinking of turning my tent into a veg tent and buying a new one and a hydrofarm ebb and grow system like you bought. What size pots are yours? I really need the height. Growing from the floor would be such an advantage.

Growing from the floor would be such an advantage.

^Absolutely!

They are 2 gal and are MORE than enough. I want to purchase the site expansion so I can run 16 in my tents instead of only 12.

Here's a link to what I bought:

https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/GFO7KT

It was up between the Titan Flo-N-Gro, the Sentinel setup, and my Hydrofarm Grow Flow setup. I had the final narrowing down to Titan Vs Hydrofarm and the Hydrofarm setup won out due to a couple factors. One being I read the control bucket timer is kinda "meh" and that there's standing water in the others except the Hydrofarm. Hydrofarm bought out the CAP pat., so this is the re-designed setup. They added a nifty concave bottom so that all fluid is eliminated from the bottoms so there's no standing water.

:aok:

Also, as for my yield.. I KNOW it suffered, so for all the people looking forward to my results, I'm afraid it's going to take a couple months till I iron stuff out to truly know what's up. With that said, the stuff is super dense and I'm very happy over all

^Absolutely!

They are 2 gal and are MORE than enough. I want to purchase the site expansion so I can run 16 in my tents instead of only 12.

Here's a link to what I bought:

https://www.hydrofarm.com/p/GFO7KT

It was up between the Titan Flo-N-Gro, the Sentinel setup, and my Hydrofarm Grow Flow setup. I had the final narrowing down to Titan Vs Hydrofarm and the Hydrofarm setup won out due to a couple factors. One being I read the control bucket timer is kinda "meh" and that there's standing water in the others except the Hydrofarm. Hydrofarm bought out the CAP pat., so this is the re-designed setup. They added a nifty concave bottom so that all fluid is eliminated from the bottoms so there's no standing water.

:aok:

Also, as for my yield.. I KNOW it suffered, so for all the people looking forward to my results, I'm afraid it's going to take a couple months till I iron stuff out to truly know what's up. With that said, the stuff is super dense and I'm very happy over all

Cool, sounds great, I thought I read that they had 7 gal. Buckets, so I was like meh, but 2 gal. Would be badass. I would probably only run 9 buckets in a 4x4 tent! Also I think I'm buying a tri meter for my Rez. I think blue labs is the one.

No, if I were you I'd run 12 in the 4x4.. I'm aiming to run 16 in 4.5 x 4.5. :D And yeah, if you get the Bluelabs Guardian...I'll drool. Hey, BUY ME ONE! I'm now officially broke! LOL :D

Honestly though, that's a BAD ARSE meter! :aok:

No, if I were you I'd run 12 in the 4x4.. I'm aiming to run 16 in 4.5 x 4.5. :D And yeah, if you get the Bluelabs Guardian...I'll drool. Hey, BUY ME ONE! I'm now officially broke! LOL :D

Honestly though, that's a BAD ARSE meter! :aok:
I agree it does not get much better than the Guardian and own 3 of them. I also use a Bluelab combo meter that's easy to use on the fly when mixing things up.

I cant imagine being without my continuous meters!
I went with the (step down/cheaper) Nutra-dip Tri-meter with BlueLab pens to check/verify.
so far so good.
:48:

One blue cheese and one critical kush have poked their little heads out!

I've found the blue lab guardian for $255.54 with free shipping tax included. In a couple weeks I am gonna make the purchase. Dont worry DGF I'll post a pic so you can drool! :rofl:

congrats.... Daddy........:smoke1:

Thanks brosef! I just peeked into the other rapid rooters and all have cracked and should be poking their heads up by tomorrow! Not bad, 100% germination rate on my first run with the rapid rooters. No paper towels, no soaking them in a glass of water. Just soak the plug, drop the seed, cover with a tiny piece of the RR and make sure they don't dry out. BAM! Like magic. Happy dance! :dancing:

You PH'd the Rooters to 5.5 right? Curious is all. I had NO luck with Rapid Rooters over 2 years, until soaking in 5.5 PHd water for an hour minimum, up to 12 hours. I went 5/5 just recently... first time ever! :)

You PH'd the Rooters to 5.5 right? Curious is all. I had NO luck with Rapid Rooters over 2 years, until soaking in 5.5 PHd water for an hour minimum, up to 12 hours. I went 5/5 just recently... first time ever! :)

I PH'ed to 5.7 and soaked em for a minute maybe.

Ok so I know what I'll be buying myself for Christmas this year. I really want the blue lab ph controller. $404.00. But looks like the shizzle! That coupled with the guardian would sure make my life a lot easier!

Bad news. I came home today to only one blue cheese still standing! I don't get it! They were rockin this morning!

Latest posts

Back