Brix's hydro LED grow tutorial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I soak rapid rooters in 5.5 ph'd water, for CLONING. Not sure if this is the same for seeds.

Also, I believe you want to calibrate your PH meter using BOTH 4.01 and 7.01 solution. I believe you start with 7.0, then calibrate, then rinse with water, then 4.0, then calibrate, and it should be good. At least, this is how we calibrate the Bluelabs pens. :aok:

Lookin' great Brix!! Can't wait my friend! :)

Correct, and I personally PH to 5.5 for seeds as well, 100% so far

Someone told me last year to do seeds at 4.5, but I decided not to because well...if it aint broke dont fix it.

Endo ecto and trichoderma. Promotes a healthy root structure for better nutrient uptake as well as pathogen and pest resistance. Basically overall vigor of the plant!

View attachment image.jpg

Next I gently squeeze most of the excess water out of the Rapid rooter and place the bean in the hole.

Then I place my rapid rooters along with the beans inside into the tray and label them so I kno which is which. I did 2 Barneys farm critical kush, 2 Barneys farm blue cheese, and 1 Dutch passion auto Mazar. All fem beans. I will also note that I tear little pieces of rapid rooter off another and place it over the hole to keep light out. And that's it folks, now we wait. Making sure to not let the plugs dry out! Keeping a close eye for signs of life!

Then I place my rapid rooters along with the beans inside into the tray and label them so I kno which is which. I did 2 Barneys farm critical kush, 2 Barneys farm blue cheese, and 1 Dutch passion auto Mazar. All fem beans. I will also note that I tear little pieces of rapid rooter off another and place it over the hole to keep light out. And that's it folks, now we wait. Making sure to not let the plugs dry out! Keeping a close eye for signs of life!

Oops looks like this

View attachment image.jpg

So now the fun starts. I added 25 gal. Of tap water to the reservoir and I am bubbling it for a couple days. Then I'll mix some nutes ph it to 5.7 and get growing! :aok:

Looking good Brix, green mojo bro...the grows started :)

Sounds great. I am looking forward to following along on your grow here and learn a bit more about LEDs along the way.

Latest posts

Back