Broken stem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getnasty

Reaction score
A couple days ago, I pinched one of my girls to stregnthen the stem in that spot, and apparently pinched too hard. When I ch ecked yesterday on the girls, the steam had fallen over, and snapped one of the 4 "stems" that form the mainstem, and it was leaning over. I straightened it, and afixed a paper clip to the damage site with rope, tied tightly, to act as a splint. It seems to be doing its job, but I'm wondering if this is going to repair itself if I leave this splint on, and still grow buds out of the nodes?

The girl will repair herself . I do this all the time when my girls out grow their space, I just do not use a splint, I just let them stay fallen over. The buds will bent towards the light. That is if she does not straighten herself up without a splint.

Yeah they are very hardy. It seems like they can recover from anything short of a complete break and separation. What you will see is a big knot appear on on the stem like a big bulge growing around the wound.

i've used a straw split up one side before on young plant. worked pretty well. as stem grew back out, it pushed the straw off itself...

i think it was hick that had a 16 penny nail thru one stalk, and a fence growing thru another? mj is tough as nails...

Thanks for the reassurance, fellas. I checked on her after the initial posting, and the splint seems to be doing its job. When it's broken over and laying down, it appears as if the rest of it may break easily, so I figured I'd splint it, and see if she repairs herself like the rest of my pinchings have. They make the stalk/stems look really funny, but my branches are tough as nails.

Yeah that is what we call supercropping. You can take a plant that is growing straight up and pinch her in several places and bend her several ways. so long as the stem doesn't break away from itself, you could bend it right around in a circle :) Supercropping is also a good way to slow down upward growth in low ceiling grows.

Irish said:
and a fence growing thru another

:stoned:

:48:

getnasty said:
A couple days ago, I pinched one of my girls to stregnthen the stem in that spot, and apparently pinched too hard. When I ch ecked yesterday on the girls, the steam had fallen over, and snapped one of the 4 "stems" that form the mainstem, and it was leaning over. I straightened it, and afixed a paper clip to the damage site with rope, tied tightly, to act as a splint. It seems to be doing its job, but I'm wondering if this is going to repair itself if I leave this splint on, and still grow buds out of the nodes?

yeah...she will form a knuckle where she split..and new growth will come..just gonna take a week or so....the top should start to reach for the light again in a day or so...

take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back