Brown spots on leaves.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranja

Reaction score
These brown spots started showing up near the tips and move inward toward the main vein of the leaf. Looks like cal issue, but I'm using full strength Cal Mag (in my RO water). I'm using DWC and my pH ranges between 5.5-6.5. Currently in week 4 of veg, and feeding 850 ppm (700 scale). Please help. Thanks.

well, if you're using full strength calmag, then it most probably is not Ca. I suspect P deficiency and or PH. try to keep it between 5.5 and 6. 6.5 is high, and they become more prone to deficiency as they grow.

Have you looked at the underside of the leaves?

Brown straight through. Didn't see any mites. Had a gnat fly issue early on, but I cleaned that up with some Azamaz.

Yeah, spider mites. Did a root drench (0.6 strength) about three times (14 days between treatments. Just soaked the rockwool. I didn't want to load it in the reservoir - will bubble out of the res.

Started to really see the spots when I fed at 1000 ppm (700 scale). So I dropped it down thinking it could be lock out due to the extra nutes. Not sure.

I know nothing about PH, but folks will be by that do. I just wondered if that was insect damage, or if it is a result of the azamax and lights.

I think what i am seeing is a problem with the rust colored spots at the end of the leaves that i don't know what it is combined with insect damage... What does the new growth look like?

Don't worry folks that know a lot about water will be along.

New growth is looking good, for the most part. Starting to see some patches near some of the tips though (2nd node from the top).

Yeah, the rust colored spots. Never saw any bugs on the leaves, and I keep yellow bug traps all over to monitor the room....nothing. Thanks for that poster.

Plants seem to be doing better. Dropped the ppm down, and that seemed to do the trick. These ladies were chewing up the nutes, but 1000 ppm was too much at their size I guess.

Calcium deficiency maybe?

Yeah, that's what it looked like. Locked up. I thought I was a little conservative with the feeding regime based on what I have heard of God Bud's appetite. Grow and learn.

i found this useful take a look i added it to the leaf chart sticky thread on here also
https://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231387

Latest posts

Back