Brown Spots on leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheCulo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm growing 2 plants from seed, 8 ball kush and Sman Original Skunk #1. The 8 ball is doing great the Skunk #1 has spots on the leaves. It's a hydroponic system made from PVC that gets filled 15 minutes every hour. The baskets have coco coir in it. The solution I use is 5 gallons tap water, 5 tsps Peter's 5-11-26, 5 tsps CalMag, and the last refill I added 5 tsps Epsom salts. 2 days ago I added 2 additional tsps of CalMag. Everything I've been reading seems to point to calcium deficiency but this is my first grow and hoping one of the veterans out there has seen this and can give me some insight. Just checked PH 6.2 and PPM is 1390, whatever that means.

I've attached a picture of both plants, the leaf from the Skunk #1, and the 8 Ball Kush. Same solution, but the Skunk #1 is looking like it need something.

Can you make a spray from CalMag and spray on the leaves? Would that help?

Attachments

• 2021-09-13 17.28.13.jpg
    2021-09-13 17.28.13.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2021-09-13 17.27.41.jpg
    2021-09-13 17.27.41.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 2021-09-13 17.28.30.jpg
    2021-09-13 17.28.30.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Looks like a magnesium problem and if that is a hydro setup you need your PH closer to 5.8

Looks like a magnesium problem and if that is a hydro setup you need your PH closer to 5.8
Thanks for the reply WeedHopper, can I drop the the ph and the tds ppm by adding distilled water? I was also thinking of dumping my reservoir, adding tap water, flush the system, and then refill the reservoir. Have you had a similar situation, and how did you correct?

No i would just adjust the PH of the solution your using already. And i would never grow in Hydro without adjusting your PH. Plants react very quickly growing in water. Now it doesn't hurt to clean your reservoir every once in awhile if thats what you want to do.

Last edited:
I don't have any hydroponic shops close to me, so I ordered some ph up and down from Amazon but won't get here until Monday. Do you have any suggestions for lowering the ph with something from Wal-Mart, the grocery store, etc? I appreciate the help, I had a job that I got tested a lot and now retired, always wanted to grow. Don't want to lose them.

Latest posts

Back