Brown spots on my girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_Guy

Junior Grower
Reaction score
Here's a scan right off the scanner....
Leaf1.jpg

400 watt HPS in a grow box, humidity seems high, temp hangs around 85 ish.
Growing hydro with "Worms Way" brand nutes. Had yellow spots, cut nutes back 50%. Yellow went away, now have brown spots.
Anybody have an idea?
I have no PH meter, just change nutes once a month. I do have some test strips from the hottub, would that work?

Peace :peace:

how you expect to grow hydro without PH meter ????????????????? those brown spots it mean your PH is to high .
go to like walmart or lowes and buy your self litle crapy one for now and try to get the dygital one as soon as you can or YOU WILL KILL YOUR PLANTS

o yeaaa and try to change your nutes atleast once every 2 weeks and try to use your test strips use a lemon juice to lower your Ph try to get as clous to 5.5 as you can

Thank You Brouli,
At the moment I can't even afford a crappy Walmart one. Can I get by using the test strips for a while?
Most of my supplies were given to me by friends because they know I'm good with plants. I've still got a lot to learn about hydro.

try i dont know about those stripes never used them

Not a hydro guy but I too am amazed you got this far without checking ph, you must be doing something right ;)...some nutes are ph buffered as I understand it and you must have pretty good water, like Brouli said try changing the res more often.

i love when people agree with me make me feel not dumb :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm using Sunleaves Silica Stone, supposed to be PH neutral. All of the water goes through a Brita filter before I use it.
I dumped the nutes, mixing a new batch and testing it with the strips.
Thanks for all your help. :p

even if you runit thru filter ph still wil be around 7 depends were you live
so nuts and water with 7 ph and you got aroun 7,5 ph in good case

Latest posts

Back