Browning leafs with White spots. HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondeboy

Reaction score
I’m seriously having problems this year and need some expert opinions on how to cure my plants. My Ph in my soil ranges between 6.7 to 7.0 and I haven’t fertilized them yet, other then limestone. They are planted with fresh top soil in the yard, but outside the boundaries, the soil is hard and clayey. Last week The leafs began to show white & brown spots on them, until they eventually curled up like a taco shell and turn brown. Now the branches are drying up and the leafs are falling. The plants where beginning to bud last week, until this seat-back. There is about 5 months of growth, and about 3 feet tall. I saw some bugs crawling around on them so I added some insecticide. Frogs & Grass-hoppers has been a constant problem this year. I’m exhausted in trying to fix this problem please help!

with out pics to help us there is now way forsure we can help you. Post pic so we can help you better

There are thousands of pics on this site, you have to trust that it is safe.

Why havent you fed them in 5 months?

Ok... The existing soil looked dry and toxic, so l I decided to remove the top soil, about 3 inches, and add new fresh soil. I tried to avoid the roots, as much as possible. Along with the soil, I added some gypsum, bone marrow, perlite, other. I was told last year to wait until they flowered before adding fertilizer so that they wouldn't burn up from the heat of the summer. That was the reason why I waited so long to feed them. Now, they are feed and I hope this reverses the problem.

I also have some white spots with browing leafes. Don't know what to do about it but it are just a few of them, so it doesn't really matter. I just sing a lullaby sometimes for them.

Latest posts

Back