BtB, Kalichakra and Papaya

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Nchef will pop in...I know he knows his stuff on Organic soil mixes. Looks like a deficiency of some kind. But I suck at diagnosing things. Hope you figure it out bro. Green Mojo

:D Thanks HL, hopefully he will pop his head in and offer his insight, I haven't had enough experience yet to start diagnosing things on my own! Thank the powers that be for this wonderful site to come running to for help!!

I figured being my first totally organic run, I would screw something up. :rolleyes:

Oh well, one can only live and learn. If all else fails, I have more seeds and can start again. The only way to learn is to do it and deal with what ever comes.

Rosebud said:
maybe a 25/100 of what you have, better to go lite as you can always add nutes later.

Great advice Rosebud.

Hi Sunwolf- Your mix may have been a little hot to start, especially using blood meal. Good luck with it.

Thanks BBFan. First time totally organic, I always gotta learn the hard way. :rolleyes:

I got them back into something a little more mild immediately, so hopefully they will forgive me. :D

Wow! To be perfectly honest, I almost let this journal die out after seeing the absolutely astonishing growth from THG's babies. For a few minutes I was totally ashamed of my poor little plants. :cry:

But everything I do today is an improvement over what I did before, and everything I improved upon I learned from this site, so hopefully someone out there will be able to learn something from me as well! If nothing else, just learn to "keep on learning"! :aok:

OK, here we go. Well, they all seem to have recovered from their nute burn and are starting to take off and grow again.

Papaya #1 went into 12 / 12 light schedule at 13 days above ground, just to see how it effects growth. Been a bunch of talk about lighting and sexual maturity and stretch and things, so I decided to play around with it. Hmmm, interesting note, she shows no signs of nute burn, and is still in the soil that burned all 5 other seedlings, her seed sister Papaya #2 included. She is also showing no signs of undue stretching, and has stayed very compact. Of course, it's only been about a week, so who knows. :rolleyes:

KaliChakra #1 and #2 are showing as different pheno's already. One staying short and compact, one about double the height. Well, was double the height, but after a stem squeeze and bend, and some tying down they are about the same height again. :hubba:

Same thing with the Beyond the Brain, one short, one tall. Again, some squeezing and bending, and onward we grow! :watchplant:

Well, that's about it for now. A few pic's of my pitiful little babies!! :p

100_1387.JPG

100_1392.JPG

100_1388.JPG

100_1385.JPG

100_1389.JPG

100_1386.JPG

Nice recovery SunWolf. Looking very nice indeed. Too soon to tell if you like organics? If not, stick with it, you will.

Thank you BBFan. I am definitely liking the organics! This is my first and I'm already hooked, I just have to realize it's like everything else ma' nature does...slow and steady, it's not a race...it's a journey!!

:watchplant: :bong: :watchplant:

Good for you SunWolf. They look happier already.They journey is the best part, no, but a close second to smoking it. Love the Kalichakras!

SunWolf said:
Wow! To be perfectly honest, I almost let this journal die out after seeing the absolutely astonishing growth from THG's babies. For a few minutes I was totally ashamed of my poor little plants. :cry:

LOL--not all my grows look like the one going now by any means. And I would be disappointed if you gave up your journal. And your kids are snapping back just fine--nothing at all to be ashamed of. It is common to overnute Mandala strains as they do not need or want high concentrations of nutes. I am interested in seeing your Kali grown out and to compare our BTB phenos and see how yours grows out, too, as this is my first run with it.

Great recovery and some Green MOJO! :icon_smile:

My, my, my, how things can change in a week! :eek:

100_1400.JPGPapaya #1, who went into 12 / 12 on 8-30-11 (at 13 days above ground) started to stretch a few days ago. (as expected) I looked today and damned if he hasn't hit 9 inches tall and grown balls. :hairpull:

Oh well, I'll banish him outside to let him finish up so I can shake him over a brown paper bag and dry me some Papaya pollen! Maybe paint a bit on a limb or two on his sister (assuming she stays a she :rolleyes: ) for some seeds to stash.
100_1413.JPG

Hmmm...Now I'm curious if putting him to 12 / 12 so early did indeed cause him to show sex early, or was it just his natural time to show? None of the other 5 are showing any signs of sex, either male or female.

"Ferb...I know what we're gonna do today!" :D :banana:

Test 2: To try to evaluate if it was the 12 / 12 that "forced" sex, or if it just happened to be a coincidence that being a male, it just "naturally" showed sex sooner. I think I'm going to put KaliChakra #1 and BtB #1 both into 12 / 12 and see if they show any faster than KaliChakra #2 and BtB #2 left under my T8's. Unfortunately, I can't think of any way my new test will reveal any useful data either, so I'm just doing it because it sounds like fun...:rofl: :rofl:

100_1408.JPG A question about this pic if I may? I was reading a discussion about "alternating nodes", "showing sex", and "sexual maturity". I was in the camp of "can't show sex until showing alternating nodes denoting sexual maturity". However, this pic clearly shows male without alternating nodes. :confused2: Help please??

Everybody else is just growing crazy, all tied down and spreading like wildfire.

100_1411.JPG100_1416.JPG

Thanks to all who stop by, I've been having a blast with this grow! See you all soon!

:bong:

By the way, anybody who can create smilies...we really need a "two smilies passing a bong" icon! Like the one above, but sharing with a buddy. :D

Another week and a half along and everybody has declared which way they swing. 2 boys, one Papaya and one KaliChakra. 4 girls, one Papaya, one KaliChakra and 2 BtB. :D

I have collected some pollen from both of the boys, and will paint a bit on a branch or two for a bit of seed stash for a back up, since I haven't got the cloning thing down reliably yet.

Just a little more time to grow a bit bigger and it'll be off to flowering. :D

Both BtB are tied down tighter than a trailer house in tornado alley.
100_1458.JPG100_1461.JPG

I'm letting the KaliChakra grow untrained...I'll probably regret that decision. :rolleyes:
100_1457.JPG

An overall shot of my cabinet. Kalichakra in the front left, Papaya in the back left. BtB center and back right. Mrs. Claus in the front right.
100_1450.JPG

They are looking wonderful! You probably made a wise decision tying the BTB down. They seems to me to be a bit stretchier than the other strains I have going now.

Greetings all, had a busy couple weeks now that the weather is getting cooler and I can get outside again. Almost forgot to update my journal.

After vegging a bit and then getting a prune, everybody went into 12/12 on Oct 1st. The stretch started almost immediately...:rolleyes:

My camera batteries died and I only got a few pic's, but here we go.

100_1469.JPG I got one over all of my cabinet. Left front is the Papaya, she has stayed small and compact. Then back left is KaliChakra. I had let her grow naturally, but she decided she wanted to touch the top of my cabinet as soon as she could, so I mushed her stem about 1/3 of the way from the top and bent her over 90 degrees and tied her down...she WILL behave!! :D Then on the right, front and back are both Beyond the Brain.

Both the BtB have spread out nicely and will have over half a dozen cola's each.
100_1464.JPG100_1467.JPG

Well that's all I got for now, will check back in a week or so. Back to :watchplant: and :bong:

Two week update! :D

Everybody is just growing merrily away.

100_1512.JPG100_1513.JPG

Plenty of flowers chunking up, so I did a little up close of the pretty crystally little hairs.

pistles at 17 days flower-1.jpgpistles at 17 days flower-2.jpg

And it's only been 17 days of flowering...lots more :watchplant: and :bong:

Latest posts

Back