Bubble Cloner - pH goes apeshit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
Okay, so I've managed to get the temp of the water down to 75F.

However, I've noticed that the pH of the water goes up to 8.5 pH.

So, I lowered it to 5.8 pH and within one hour it was up to 6.7 pH.

An hour later, it's an 7.4 pH..

What the heck am I supposed to do?

It will need adjusted for the first couple hours but it should eventually settle in to a stable pH

What are you using to adjust your pH? What are you using to check it? Are you sure your meter is calibrated?

Yeah I am with THG. What are you using to adjust your ph? Whatever it is doesn't sound like it's doing a good job.

I'm using GHE pH Down. I was told it was the best..

I bought a brand new pH meter and I calibrated it myself.

Before I calibrated it, it said that the pH was 9.2. After, it's around 8.4.

I've tried to lower the pH several times, going back down to 5-6 pH, but it continues to go back up within hours.. is it the oxygen?

Do you have anything in the water? if your water has very little elements in it the pH will fly all over as it gets aerated because there is nothing to stabilize it. I would recommend using something like Root66, or Clonex solution. These are root building tonics that help encourage the rooting process, and they will help to stabilize the pH. As long as it is within 5.7-6.7 range, they should be fine as the pH is only real important when the roots are able to absorb nutrients. But you don't want it going way off to one side of the scale though.

I was told NOT to put any nutrients in the water. Alright.. I'll give it a shot when I replace the water today.

I was told NOT to put any nutrients in the water. Alright.. I'll give it a shot when I replace the water today.

He is not saying to put nutrients. You don't want to feed a plant that has no roots. You want to encourage that plant to produce roots. Big difference. Once they get some roots showing then sure feed them as soon as you want. Just don't do it in the Cloner where you are trying to get other cuts to throw roots. Those additives are tonics that encourage root growth.

He is not saying to put nutrients. You don't want to feed a plant that has no roots. You want to encourage that plant to produce roots. Big difference. Once they get some roots showing then sure feed them as soon as you want. Just don't do it in the Cloner where you are trying to get other cuts to throw roots. Those additives are tonics that encourage root growth.

Wait, you want me to put the actual clonex solution in the water?

The same solution you dip the cuttings in when cloning in rockwool?

I thought he meant I was supposed to use the nutrient solution that comes with the Clonex..

Also the Clonex has 2 different products. There is a solution and a gel. the gel is specifically a rooting hormone that you dip the stem in ffor sticking the hormones directly to the stem so that it can be absorbed.

The solution is similar to the Root66 except that it also has some of the rooting hormone in the solution. The solution is what you would put in the cloner water. I use 10ml of solution to 1gal of water. Then I adjust the pH (if needed) to around 6.0-6.5 where it typically holds close enough to so that I don't have to worry about it.

Also the Clonex has 2 different products. There is a solution and a gel. the gel is specifically a rooting hormone that you dip the stem in ffor sticking the hormones directly to the stem so that it can be absorbed.

The solution is similar to the Root66 except that it also has some of the rooting hormone in the solution. The solution is what you would put in the cloner water. I use 10ml of solution to 1gal of water. Then I adjust the pH (if needed) to around 6.0-6.5 where it typically holds close enough to so that I don't have to worry about it.

Yeah, I was referring to this:

formulex500ml.jpg

But Hamster implied I was wrong..

So, will that do?

'Cause like I said, I don't have anything else and I was told not to use that by someone on this forum.

I would follow the instructions on the bottle.

Yeah, I was referring to this:

formulex500ml.jpg

But Hamster implied I was wrong..

I didn't imply you were wrong. I implied that if you were dipping your clones in that you were not doing them any favors. Tonics are not rooting hormone for dipping clones in and Rooting gel and powder are not for putting in your water. 2 different things.

Latest posts

Back