Bubble Cloner vs Dome and Tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoNoXiDe

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread to see your specific way to clone. Tips techniques. Not sure if it should be posted here or propagation. Feel free to move thread if necessary

:yeahthat:

its all in preference..Ive done many different ways and found that some strains clone better is different methods..but what ever your system of choice..ozzydiodude linked ya good:aok:

:bong:

IMO even with a bubble cloner for best results a dome should be used i prefer the old style cloning with trays and dome with a bubbler many things can go awol in a hurry water temps , loss of water ph fluctuations loss of electricity
and also space can't imagine having 700 plus clones in bubblers just out of curiosity how much room would a person need ???? and what would the overall cost be in extra electricity

!cid_0204011624a.jpg

I have had my best results with the bubble cloner :) If I was running a commercial grow with hundreds of clones at a time then I would probably do something different but for a small grow I wouldn't take anything for my bubble cloner, unless its an EZ-cloner :)

My tips for successful rooting: 2 sets of lights, 1, 3000k (floro) lighting that is just strong enough to keep the cuttings from dying, 2, 6500k (floro) light that is strong enough to give the clones 2500-3000 lum per sqft; Run the low level(3000k) light until the cuttings have significant amount of roots developed but not enough yet to transplant(usually about 10days), then turn on the "veg" lighting to engage the vegging growth process until the clones are ready to transplant(another 5-10days depending on the strain) My time frame is for the average strain that is relatively easy to clone;

keep the cloning space/bubbler water at constant 76-80f(and not a degree higher);

clonex gel; clonex solution for feeding

Method: find branches along the lower parts of the plants that are thin enough to have soft branches but thick enough to be strong and sturdy, and are at least 5" long and have at least 3 leaf nodes below the crown of growth.
Cut off branches and place in cup of water until all cuttings are taken. Then take cuttings one at a time and remove all lower leaves from nodes accept the crown and 1-2 leaves below that. Pick the lowest node that has some stem below it and(using a clean, very sharp razor blade) cut it off 1cm below the node, on a 45 degree angle. Gently scrape down the stem from that lowest node to the end all the way around so that the outer(tougher) skin is removed, but not too much or too deep into the skin of the stem. Then dip the stem in the clonex gel up above the lowest node, and set aside for about 10minutes before putting into bubble cloner, or put in right away if going into rooting cubes. Snip in half the fronds of any larger leaves below the crown.

Only do one cutting at a time so that the open cut isn't exposed to the air any longer than needed to complete the process. Never touch the cut/skinned end of the stem to prevent contamination. Work in clean and well lit area so as to be efficient in the prepping process.

If using bubble cloner, don't keep opening the lid every day as that exposes the stems to light. Let them do their thing for 5 days before checking for roots. :)

dome and tray, rapid rooters, clonex gel. after i cut them and put them in the dome. i wait 7 days to check for the first time. i choose 1 cut and pull it out of the RR plug. to see how they are progressing. i tag that clone and come back in another 7 days. check again. i'll run clones for as long as 28 days till i decide to toss them.

Hushpuppy said:
I have had my best results with the bubble cloner :) If I was running a commercial grow with hundreds of clones at a time then I would probably do something different but for a small grow I wouldn't take anything for my bubble cloner, unless its an EZ-cloner :)

It also depends i guess on your style of growing Deep water culture or soil i can stick a tray of 72 near a window and they will root free of charge IMO there is no better advantage its what gives you the best success percentage a the end of the day.. It still takes 2 - 3 weeks to show roots i think the fastest i ever saw roots was in 6 days i was like holy crap..... But again you want a abundance of roots showing not just some string in order for her to carry on and be ready for transplant into next stage of growth also played with ph and found the best ph area was 6.0 - 6.2

I sincerely hope everyone from here moves over to marijuana-culture when MarP shuts down. I think these debates and discussions are of great value to all of us as there is no one "right" way to do things but rather, the right way for you, and these discussions open up all of the knowledge for others to learn from :)

Latest posts

Back