bubble hash questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
i screwed up(again) growing and i have a couple of paper grocery bags half full of trim and seedy buds(yes-seedy buds). i have them in the freezer and am planning on making bubble hash out of the stuff. one run then making a cannabutter mess out of what is left in the trim. is it worth making the cannabutter or should i just do the hash and trash the left overs? also, the last time i made bubble hash, i was stupid and did it right before i had to leave town for a few days and the hash didn't dry properly before i left and it became moldy smelling trash. where do people dry their hash? i have a furnace room that stays around 80-ish and low humidity. if i chop the bubble up well and re-chop every day or 12 hours, will that prevent another disaster? thanks. of8...

IMO, if you have made the hash right, there are not enough trichomes left in the material to make it worth making cannabutter. While I generally run the liquid through the bags twice, the small amount I get on the second run tells me there isn't much left. I use a pressing cloth between two towels to take most of the moisture out. I never have to let it sit long to be dried out. If you don' want to dry it out, you could use dry ice and make kief, which doesn't need to be dried out,

ok. thx, THG. i appreciate the advice.

I put the blobs of hash on a piece of cardboard and let them sit in the open air in the house around 70 degrees, have done a few runs and never had a problem. Once the bubble bag process is completed the byproduct goes in the compost, not worth making the butter IMO.

I do dry ice and then do an ethanol extract from the spent trim. When I press the kief, I add the hash oil from the ethanol extract. Makes a nice black hash.

i am thinking i do not do bubble hash right. i got maybe 4 grams total for a lot more work than it is worth. i have just cooked everything in a slow cooker with coconut oil in the past and i get a bunch several batches of brownies out of it which i think it a lot more buzz than 4 grams of hash. probably leaving a lot of goodness in the mash, again because i am probably screwing something up... thanks for all the info. i do appreciate it but i think i am a monkey in the time of humans...

i am thinking i do not do bubble hash right. i got maybe 4 grams total for a lot more work than it is worth. i have just cooked everything in a slow cooker with coconut oil in the past and i get a bunch several batches of brownies out of it which i think it a lot more buzz than 4 grams of hash. probably leaving a lot of goodness in the mash, again because i am probably screwing something up... thanks for all the info. i do appreciate it but i think i am a monkey in the time of humans...
Yea the return on bubble bags has never been great for quantity for me, I ran two pounds of stuff I had layin around for a while and I was surprised at how little return there was.

Latest posts

Back