bubble system vs. others

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly Stoney, i think that it all comes down to growing styles. DWC is just my personal choice, I really like aero but as you stated, it can and will be problematic, especially on your first few tries. I like DWC because as the water receeds it create a very aeroponic enviroment that cannabis plant's roots thrive in. It is like the aeroponic cloners, that are really just variations of DWC, as they use bubble stones to to create air bubbles that come to the top and burst misting the air.

With my DWC set up, I have never seen root masses like the ones I can create except for in aero.

but this is just my opinion, Happy growing

Massproducer

I am building my second real set-up which consists of about 18 sq. ft. I have been reading a lot about how to grow well, and the key is oxygen to the roots (assuming you have all the basics correct). It doesn't matter what method you use. Many methods produce similar results if you do things properly. Make sure your nutes, temps, ventalation, and CO2 (if you're wealthy) are correct. If you are a begginer this will be a big enough task for you.

If you want to increase your yeild and move to a more advanced level, start thinking about what ways would be best for you and your situation, in order to deliver as much oxygen as possible to your root mass. For me, I have to consider that I live at the "end of the line", according to my electric company, and have a lot of power outages. I want to have my roots in plain old circulating air as much as possible without the plants getting stressed. But if the power is out for 12 hours, my plants may die with no liquid flowing over the roots. Therefore my new set-up has adjustable nute levels under individual containers, to allow air to be pumped over the roots continuously, with just maybe an inch or so of roots in the nutes in case the power does go out. I also have a sort of drip/ebb&flow system on a timer. I guess I am building a hybrid system. I have not seen or read about anything exactly like it.

Other than the fun of building the project, it doesn't really matter how you supply the proper chemicals to plants. You will thank yourself later if you keep it simple. My first real grow was an "Emily's Garden" (sp.?). It is a sort of DWC system and it was very simple and produced fantastic results. I altered it slightly to deliver bubbles under each root mass, but other than that it was plug and play. I don't remember what I was growing, but the leaves were bigger than my head, and I'm not small.

The best thing I can tell you is read up. What the hell happened to Overgrow. com? This was my favorite place in the world for info. Find another place to exchange information, find out what other people have done and pick and choose from their experiences to do what you think will work best for you. No wait, the best thing I can tell you is do not, under any circumstance, scrimp on the lighting or and the ventalation. Trust me you will be sorry. If you don't have much money, make a home-made Emily's Garden and spend your money on fans, ducts, and lights. No wait, the best thing that I can tell you, and this really is the best advice you will ever recieve, NEVER, ever, ever bring home a plant that has spider mites on it. (Look for groups of little white spots on the leaves). Read up on this if you don't know about it.

Hope this helps a little.

PS. I would be interested in input on my hybrid set-up.

im using a bubble system not to many problems

sicnarf said:
Wher can you find true areoponic mysters?
Hey sicnarf, you can find some good stuff here: Aero-supplies

Good luck to you man. Aero is fun as hell. Lot's of attention, but lot's of fun. Don't use it for a serious grow until you do a few practice runs first. You'll find that you'll learn it's potential very fast.

Max out your lights and use an alternating pumping system and heads and you'll radically increase your chance of success. Failures won't be catastrophic, just a nuisance.

Why **** with Stoney? DWC and Aero and most any other type of non-soil growing is a subset of hydro. Aero is a veriation of hydro, as is DWC. Mass. it doesn't mater if you have a sweatshop full of harvesters and joint rollers, you can still learn something new. It's sad that you get so, in-your-face about shit. All we ask is that you compare notes and chill out. When you say things such as, "disinformation" it really puts a bad taste in my mouth. Do you know what disinformation means? If so, why would you even suggest that word? Stoney is a good guy with some great tips and a lot of years experiance. Learn from him. Again, compare notes, he's a reasonable guy. When you write a word and don't know what it means, that's true disinformation.

I want to move in with stoney so he can share all his knowledge with me. Stoney what do you say? I'm a mean cook. LOLz

sicnarf said:
I want to move in with stoney so he can share all his knowledge with me. Stoney what do you say? I'm a mean cook. LOLz
Hey, I've got the guest room made up for you.

You like Gator Tail?

Hahaha, Gator tail? As long as you like armadillo pie

sicnarf said:
Hahaha, Gator tail? As long as you like armadillo pie
I don't have the recipe for that one. How about these?

ARMADILLO RECIPES

armadillo.gif

hey mass' and stoney, ... you both seemed pretty knowledgeable of what you are talkin'. Why get hung out on logistics.
Stoney's kinda' old 'n grouchy, ;) don't take it personal. He's a pretty wise o bird. A good one to pay attention to.
I'm not saying you don't know your shit, cause I think you do. Deleting the argumentative content, I can understand. But there was some pertinant info in there that could help someone.
Whatta' ya say?..

Yes, I argee Hick, Stoney does know his shit, and being a newbie to this forum I just do not want to make any more enemies, i have sent stoney a pm to try and clear things up and appologize for letting my emotions get the best of me. i really hope that we can clear things up. What I will do is start a new thread for anyone interested in DWC, because I really do not want to ruin someone elses. I just want to help and be helped. So stoney if you are around, I will publicly say what I have said privately to you, I truly am sorry.

I think with all of the knowledge we have here this is the best community of growers in the world.

Peace, love and prosperity
Massproducer

I think an aero and DWC section would be great. IMHO. there is a comments and suggestions area where you can recommend this. As those forms of Hydro are different then the more "conventional" forms of Hydro. I am very curious on those types.Stoney's a good guy. problem with Cultivation everybody does things a little different. but as long as it grows, thats all that matters. :D

Hope you guys work it out. I like both of your guys posts.

massproducer said:
Yes, I argee Hick, Stoney does know his shit, and being a newbie to this forum I just do not want to make any more enemies, i have sent stoney a pm to try and clear things up and appologize for letting my emotions get the best of me. i really hope that we can clear things up. What I will do is start a new thread for anyone interested in DWC, because I really do not want to ruin someone elses. I just want to help and be helped. So stoney if you are around, I will publicly say what I have said privately to you, I truly am sorry.

I think with all of the knowledge we have here this is the best community of growers in the world.

Peace, love and prosperity
Massproducer

Hey Massproducer, I guess you and I got carried away with our opinions in this thread and it turned into something distasteful and unnecessary.

We've cleaned up the thread and hopefully erased the hard feelings it created. I'm also sorry for letting my temper rule my keyboard.

Obviously, many improvements have been made since I last tried DWC. Hell, even the name "DWC" is new to me. I should have cooled my jets and opened my mind instead of my mouth.

I look forward to learning of the new advances made in DWC from you. Please instruct all of us. I'll enjoy reading your upcoming thread.

You might find this amusing; In your sig block you use the phrase "Peace, love and prosperity". For years, I've used a phrase that is almost identical:

Peace, love and LOTS of money,

Stoney.

In my lifelong quest for money, I've tended to think inaccurately of money being prosperity. As I know now, it's really only a piece of it.

Stoney, I feel as though someone has just lifted a 1000lb dumbell off of my chest:eek: , I am so happy that we could work this out, i guess that i do not have to leave this wonderful forum after all, thank you, thank you, thank you:D .

It is going to be a pleasure to learn from you.:cool:

massproducer said:
Stoney, I am so happy that we could work this out:D . It is going to be a pleasure to learn from you.:cool:
Hey man, same here.

I'm looking forward to your DWC thread. We can always use more information in the group. Because of the recent influx of new members, it's difficult for all of the questions to be answered every day. It'll be great to have another helping hand.

Hick said:
Thanks guys!!!! :D Stoney's kinda' old 'n grouchy
What do you mean "old"? I met a 101 old women recently and I felt like a kid next to her. No shit! Hahahahahahaaha.

I am a grouchy old bastard! Thanks for your patience with me. I've just got to start smoking more weed!

I'm so old that when I went to school they didn't have History.

Latest posts

Back