Bubble water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
Hello,
I just seen a movie about growing mj, He said if you can't go with the big exspensive co2 pumps that you could just spray with bubble water. He then opened what looked to be something you could purchase in the pop section of my local grocery store, Not sure if it was soda water or ?.
Anybody know what it could be?

it was referring to "carbonated" water, but I would check your ph.
With good circulation, flow through ventilation, Expensive co2 setups aren't necessary.

I have seen people who are doing small grows use a simple method for CO2. You take a liter soda bottle (plastic), drill a small hole in the twist on lid, fill the bottle with water, add 4 teaspoons of activated yeast (common bakers yeast) and a couple of tablespoons of white sugar. Put the lid back on and set this above your plants. You must check this every few days by shaking the bottle with your finger over the hole in the twist off, if you get a build up of pressure, it is still producing CO2, if not, it needs to be refreshed by dumping half of the mixture, add fresh water and a couple of tablespoons of sugar again.

You would think that this alone wouldn't make much of a difference, but I've found that you will increase your yield by about 1/4 by using this technique continuously throughout the grow.

Onward to higher yields...

Peace...j.b.

jb247 - that's gotta be one of the coolest, most MacGuyver tips I have read! This really works? Personal experience or word of mouth?

It really produces it, Just not sure exactly how much. How big is the area you got 1/4 more and over how many plants? Just to get an idea of how much would be needed in other peoples rooms.

I'm in a 4'x6' grow space...usually only do 6 plants at a time...and there may be other factors involved, I have done grows with and without this method being used and have had noticable (20-30%) increase in the finished amount. As y'all know, there is a learning curve involved in growing, when I find something that works for me, I keep it. I will always add CO2. You must place the container above your plants, as CO2 is heavier than air, that way the gas just falls across the plants on its way out of the room...via the exhaust fans.

Peace...j.b.

Latest posts

Back