Bubbleicious, Super Skunk, Skunk #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bejohnst

Location: Apartment grow. Built a box in the walk in closet. 39"X48"X76". Its being vented by a 6" vortex fan and the temps are holding at 82-83.

Strains: Bubbleicious, Super Skunk and Skunk #1. All ordered from seed boutique without a problem. The Bubbleiciou and Skunk #1 have had a 100% germination rate using the paper towel method but no pre soak. The Super Skunk on the other had has yielded no cracks yet but i'll keep waiting (only been 24 hours).

Lighting: I'll be vegging under a 400watt MH light with remote balast. This was one of the cheapo ones with the balast mounted ontop of the reflector but with a little cutting and wire lengthing it is now a remote hahah. For flowering I'm ordering a 1000watt HPS with aircooled hood. Just gotta raise the money should be a few weeks.

So now for the pics. Nothing special yet but stay tuned and we'll see what we can grow here.

-Bry

Week 1 009.jpg

You have a nice setup and I look forward to following your grow. My main concern for you is that your using a 400w system and your telling me that temps are approx 82-83 degrees. How do you plan to handle the extra heat with the new system? I'm thinkin that you will need more then a air cooled reflector. I see that your using a single vortex fan, you might want to check into a induction or intake fan to "pull" outside air into your room, and the fan that you currently have to exhaust it all out. Dont mean to babble, i'm high and just would hate to have you run into heat issues....;)

No you're not babblin at all! I've been considering the extra heat and trying to figure out what to do. I'm thinkin my best bet is to run some 8" ducting from outside the closet with an duct fan from the depot and pull a bunch of cool air. My real problem is with the damn closet heating up from the exhaust. So when the temps are 82-83 inside they're near 80 outside... just thankful they stabilize at that temp. Draw backs of living in a one bedroom apartment. I wish i could find the building plans for this place and tap into ducting that goes elsewhere. I just don't think there is any ducting running in the walls of the closet and really don't want to drill a bunch of "where the hell is it" holes... haha

Any thoughts?

I'll let a few others put in their .02 on the issue, I'll look over some ideas tomorrow and let you know what we might can do, apt grows are much more difficult IMO.

My last grow wasn't to bad. But then again I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment by myself. Pretty easy to crack a window and let the cold air just come rushing in. I also live in a VERY cold climate so when winter time rolls around I'd be curious what it does to my ambient temps in the closet. Right now we're at 75 for the high.... can't wait for those 5 degree days... o wait yes i can.

first few girls that woke up... Also vented the hot air outside the closet and getting temps at 74... o yea

9-10 001.jpg

9-10 002.jpg

Congrats on the newest members of your family. Now we can only hope you are blessed with all girls. Good luck on the grow i will be following. ;)

My bad, I forgot all about getting back with you...74 degrees is prime. Keep them there and you will be good to go. Ladies wont be needing thoes containers long.

Thanks guys I'll post some more pics a week from now

Any tips or tricks on how to get them on the fast track in the first 2 weeks?

Ok they've all been in the dirt for about 5 days or so and this is what I have:

10 Bubbleicious
7 Super Skunk
5 Skunk #1

Total of 22 plants.

Right now they're looking like they're stretching a bit. I have a fan on them and the light about 1' up the top of the cups. Temp there is 80*. Under 22/2 lighting (2 hours so its easier for me to go to sleep haha)

9-13 001.jpg

9-13 002.jpg

9-13 003.jpg

10 days after going into the soil...

Back two rows: Bubbleicious
Middle Row: Skunk #1
Front Rows: Super Skunk

9-18 001.jpg

9-18 002.jpg

Making decent progress....are you sure you're using enough light?

I would suggest to add some of the CFL's, they are cheap and relatively cool running.

Ok girlies got a new home. and the 1000 watt hps/mh is on the way!!!!!! Can anybody tell me what is going on with the plants in the last two picks? They're having a bit of discoloration...

9-22 001.jpg

9-22 002.jpg

9-22 003.jpg

9-22 004.jpg

9-22 005.jpg

9-22 006.jpg

I see a room full of babies and they are looking great.

bejohnst said:
Can anybody tell me what is going on with the plants in the last two picks? They're having a bit of discoloration...

Too early to tell for me, give it couple more days and see what happens. The others look ok to me and I assume all are getting the same treatment...

They look good to me.... where did you get those bags, or whatever it is that you have them in now?

Latest posts

Back