Bubblelicious/afghan haze 33/ 400w HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba902

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forums but I have a been a member on another forum.

Here is the rundown: IF you see ANY flaws be sure to comment and let me know.

5x bubblelicious auto from Nirvana
1x afghan haze 33 from CH9
1x bag seed of some nice green.

I plan on doing 4 plants at a time with 2 being photo periods they are going to be the mother plants and stay in the flower box for the auto's. since the auto's will run 20/4 I dont' see a problem with it.

The tent is 5x4x3 and made from black/white poly film. Its NICE!, 1/2in pvc pipe
retractable hangers
6in x 25ft duct. (used around 8 ft.) its pulling air greatly.
Still haven't gotten an intake setup.
Hydrofarm daystar 6in AC hood
400w HPS H.O bulb (55,000L)
inline 6in fan
Ona pro QT
Fox farms ocean forrest with tiger bloom nutes.
2gal grow bags

So far I have around 300-350$ invested in EVERYTHING even the odds and ends I've needed.

I don't plan on running grow nutrients since they are auto's anyhow.

I get a good bit of pictures up tomorrow of everything. and the setup. I took a couple pictures of the pile of stuff and boxes but haven't gotten around to taken more of the finished product.

Be looking back tomorrow afternoon for more pictures!

The bubblelicious sprouted over night and came up from the jiffy pellet in 1 night.. (seedlings are under 2 54w H.O 6500K 4ft T5's.)

:icon_smile:

Thanks, I'm getting ready to go snap some pics of everything, I went down earlier and tired the bagseed down a lil more in lst. and broke a lil bit on her.. She is my trial and error plant with the hps though so im not to worried about her.. she will just sit back on 20/4.

Noticed my temp at night went down to mid 60's lastnight. I might pack a heater in there. tonight.

I just changed out from the standard reflector (wing) to the hydrofarm one. Hoping it's better.

here a few pictures as promised.

Comments are welcome.

I plan on doing ONA pro and or carbon filtering sooner or later.

022.jpg

028.jpg

036.jpg

044.jpg

046.jpg

049.jpg

054.jpg

looks good man, the only thing i might reccommend is uping ur hps to a 600w or better yet 1000w

I just bought my 400w HPS, I'll be adding in CFL/T5 lighting in the future. We have too many fly overs in my area to achieve good HPS wattage IMO.

Will the auto be fine vegging/flowering under the HPS? I can also put a 4ft 2 bulb T5 in there for now also with the afghan ryder in the veg closet.

just patched it all up with gorilla tape. Now that tape is amazing! super thick and very sticky! covers holes like a dream come true! I'll be posting picks sometime later.

I re arranged tent and put my friends 9 day old afghan auto. in their also. I'll post pictures in a couple days.

Also thinking of putting a hydrofarms 8bulb 4ft t5 H.O mix of red/blue in there as back lighting also..

This is my first auto run, Hoping all goes well!.

I think I will try and scrog one also in this thread sometime.

and a DWC setup. lol

LoL you have a lot of stuff going on here haha. Lookin good though!

To answer your question, yes auto's will do fine veggin under the hps. Any type of mj really, a metal halide is just more ideal. Just be careful because the younger they are the more sensitive to light they'll be. Start them at a good distance and work them closer.

As far as the light, I would stick whatever you can in there as long as temps are controlled!

I would highly recommend scrogg, I little tricky at first but once you get the first one under your belt it seems to get easier. I'm currently on my second scrog and I love it! Keeping the canopy nice and even really helps spread the light and produce nice size main colas.

As for the DWC, I see your still in soil so we will save that for another time lol.. You can do what I'm doing and start a mini dwc to get a feel for it. I've been growing in soil for a couple years now with a little hydro under my belt. Anyway you can do it in a smaller container and just get a little 10 gal pump and air stone and a good ph/ec meters and our g2g :)

I'll have to get some pics up soon, I just harvested one of my auto's and my screen is really starting to take off. Almost in the 3rd week of flowering :) Anyway lmk if you have any questions!

Looks like you read and had some knowledge before you bought. IMO you will want to get some of the Big Bloom, and Grow Big, and feed those as well as the Tiger Bloom. Get their feeding Schedule and start there tweaking as necessary. I have found that adding the Grow Big in weeks 4 and 5 of flowering (as per their feeding schedule) really helps keep them green into late flowering. I also add some perlite and dolomite lime to my Ocean Forest. The perlite helps in keeping the soil light and the lime buffers the pH and adds some appreciated calcium to the mix. Be sure to pH balance your nutrient solution.

You should be able to pull some impressive flowers from that set up. . .

Thank's for the input from all!

Yes there is a ton going on, I'm going to limit it down though, I'm going to push the DWC to the back burner for now.

Main focus is light. How long should I let them veg under the 4ft t5's before swapping it out to side lighting from the 8bulb 4ft h.o t5s?

I've done a ton of reading (a good 2-3 years worth) and caught a good deal and jumped on it.

the tent was a spur of the moment and lowes the other day (ended up costing 18.00$ for 5x4x3 in 1/2in pvc.)

I can control the temps greatly, I actually had to add a heater in there lol. Once again thanks for all the input.. posting a couple pics in a minute with the re arrangement. lol

Here are some more pictures..

Also.. with the nutes.
I heard to just worry about bloom nutrients as the FFof has enough to keep them good for the first 2-3 weeks?

I will look into buying some though.

Once again, thanks for the prompt feed back guys! I appreciate it!!!

After I add the 8 bulb t5, It will be right around 100k lumens in a 5x4x3 tent..

2011-12-02 23.02.24.jpg

2011-12-02 23.02.38.jpg

2011-12-02 23.02.47.jpg

2011-12-02 23.02.54.jpg

2011-12-02 23.03.08.jpg

2011-12-02 23.03.19.jpg

2011-12-02 23.03.41.jpg

I use the fox farms and thought the same thing when I started. Some strains I've run will start to yellow out after 4 weeks and I usually flower for ten. I noticed that on the the FF feeding schedule they recommend GrowBig in weeks 4 and 5 of flowering so I tried it and it has worked well in preventing the early fade. I do not run autos and typically do not veg my clones for more than a week though so ymmv.

I usually put mine directly under the HPS with it at its highest positon and then lower the light down to the desired position over the course of a week or so.

I dig your set-up. It is much more well thought out than what a lot of people start with. I recently helped a buddy of mine set up a very similar tent. He is enjoying the new hobby. . .

Question with the pvc tent frame; were you able to find a 3 way fitting for the corners or did you have to improvise?

Looking great, seems like your on the right track!

For veg its hard to say, Me personally I would veg them for a week or 2 under the floro's and get them under the HID just start a little further away at first! Also if your not doing any type of training like topping or fiming or lst then I would suggest veging for a short period your first run and see where your strains are at as far as stretch etc.. The reason I say that is its easy to let them go to long in veg and not realize what your creating lol.. So how many plants total do you plan on running and in what size pot and how long of veg.

I've used FF from the begining and just like kikrocks said it can depend on the strain. First 2 weeks after rooting you should be good but I personally start feeding really light at that point and work my way up to full strength! FF's new feeding chart they have out is pretty on point as far as PPM's depending on your tap water of course! Just start at 1/2 or even quarter strength and like kik I also feed a little N in weeks 4 and 5 of flower depending on the strain. Take it easy and keep us updated!

kiksroks said:
Question with the pvc tent frame; were you able to find a 3 way fitting for the corners or did you have to improvise?

Yeah I found them at lowe's. 0.56$ a piece. It took a lil while to locate a lowe's that had them, but I found them. lol. Thanks for the input I appreciate it. I'm going to look into the nutes for sure though. thanks for letting me know that!.

Thanks for the compliment on the tent too.. I whipped the idea up in 5 min on the floor of lowes lol.

M3diciNaL_MaNiPulaToR said:
Looking great, seems like your on the right track!

For veg its hard to say, Me personally I would veg them for a week or 2 under the floro's and get them under the HID just start a little further away at first! Also if your not doing any type of training like topping or fiming or lst then I would suggest veging for a short period your first run and see where your strains are at as far as stretch etc.. The reason I say that is its easy to let them go to long in veg and not realize what your creating lol.. So how many plants total do you plan on running and in what size pot and how long of veg.

They are auto bubblelicious and 1 afghan ryder auto.. other 2 are going to be momma plants and jus live under the 20/4 light cycle of auto's. I just put 2 more germination so I will have 4 bubblelicious, 1 bagseed, 1 afghan haze 33, 1 afghan ryder auto. the 12/12's will be in 5g buckets and the auto's are going into 2g grow bags.. I lst'd the bagseed and will do the same with the afghan 33, I topped the bagseed also and tied her down.

Thanks for the input back, I appreciate the prompt input!..

after I add the lights tomorrow it will be 100k lumens in 36sq ft..

all clones (non auto's) will be cut 40 days into the auto's flowering so that way they will veg 20/4 for 20-30 days before the auto's are harvested and everything switched to 12/12 for the photoperiod strains..

ahhh complicating ****, I need to put this afghan kush down lol. I can type novels all night on this hobby

LoL, I know what you mean! Sounds like you have it pretty much figured out, I did something very similar to what your doing but one of my auto's didn't autoflower and I got a monster!! We will see how yours play out, sounds like a nice little variety of auto's so that will be cooll to watch. I just took pics so I'll have my grow up in a sec, I'll drop a link when I do!

I just put up a couple pics for now but I got it started! Just added the link in my signature too! Just click below:)

AWWW SNAP! Package came in the mail!..

Wasn't even expecting anything today either? I got a knock on the door so I hid everything and noticed it was fedex, Kinda weird but I opened the box from the place I ordered my light from, and what do I see?

A 400w MH H.O bulb! WOOOOOOT!!!!!!

I sent an email to the company about how bad my reflector was bent when I first received it. After a 2 weeks wait, I went out and bought the hydrofarm's since I didn't hear anything back..

then today.. KNOCK KNOCK! :D! I'm excited!
I'm hoping my ballast runs it, It said mh/hps but I don't see a switch on it, unless it does it auto.

EDIT again: I forgot to mention, the afghan ryder I keep thinking is an afghan ryder is actually the Northern lights auto from g13 labs,
I knew it was one of them, just couldn't remember which, had to ask my dude lastnight lol

I will deff be getting some pictures up with the new lighting, I like it. Hopefully the bagseed and the NL lights it, I raised it around 3.5ft, I'll gradually let it down over the week.I'm going to try 2 2x2 screens, one for bagseed,one for the haze 33.. I'm ordering another ballast to run my other setup with the hps so i can veg/flower easier.. I'll make them out of pvc andweed eater string. what should the size of the squares be?

Sorry for a ton of updates/posts but I'm always wanting to learn.

Latest posts

Back