bubblicious, my first attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to have you along THC and 7GE. It's been a real learning curve to get the right gear and this little girl ( I hope) has been most forgiving to me.

The support here at MP is the best!

I love checking in on her as much as checking in on the forum to see how others are doing. I can't wait to use the space I have correctly and get 4-6 going at one time. I was leary to start a bunch at one time untill I get the hang of it. With the support and info I can gather here my confidence has gone way up since I started. My tent is well geared now and things are looking GREEN.:hubba:

The other journals are the thing that keep my spirits up on one day I'll be able to grow that!

In my bank I have more bubbleicious, ice, ak48 and some blue mystic, all fem seeds. Any recommendations on which is going to be a good one for my first group grow would helpful. But for now, heres todays pics of her 2 days after the fim.
9-28-12 002 resized.jpg9-28-12 004 resized 2.jpg

Keep up the good work, Iams. They look real happy :)

Peace

Hemper, Thanks. only one going right now. the confidence i have got from this one plant makes me want to pop every seed I have...lol Not enough space for that. I still have a way to go on this one, but yall keep my spirits up and mind a working.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Iams,
Sounds like you are ready to start a few new seeds. I've got plants a couple of weeks apart and the early ones help me know what will happen to the later ones. I also think having another plant or two will take off some of the pressure. I know now that I've got some clones I feel more confident to try new things.
You've got the light and space- I say go for it.

Just hold back a little and save some seeds for another run :D

Hello again. I got the room rearranged and t5 light in. I also hung the carbon filter for exhaust hook up. She's getting more pungent every day.
I left the mh in place for switch over to hps 12/12. Hopefully the t5 will go in a 3x3 for vegging its own stuff then the 4x4 can be dedicated to flower. Just gotta get some more room cleared out in this spare room that my dw has collected stuff in for a decade.:rolleyes:
room shot resized.jpg room 2 rez.jpg

Also a question about leaf color. I have not been able to get the bigger fan leaves to completely green out they seem to always be a little lighter in the middle of the leaves.
leaf resized.jpg

Any recommendations on what to do for this or cause of it.

The smaller plants in the front on the first and second photo are some bag weed seeds I started about 2 weeks after the bubblelicious.

Thanks again for looking in.

I think the color looks just fine--I wouldn't be worried at this point.

Check your bagseed plants often for hermies. I would hate to see your Bubblicious get pollinated by junk pollen.

will do. thats why I have them in the front of the tent. Thanks for the color report.

7 full days after fim and she's looking good imo. Just thought I'd post a pic so others had a reference for fimming. Nice growth and extra nodes.
2rz.jpg 3rz.jpg

Im not too concerned about the smaller bag weed plants other than for learning about possible males/ herms. Judging the larger bubblelicious plant. When would you recommend to flip to flower?
4rz.jpg

lights were moved up for pics.

Chief inspector and tent guard on the job!
1 rz.jpg

7 full days after fim and she's looking good imo

imo as well! :aok:

You have plenty of room, I say let it go for at least a few more weeks to get some size to her.

Took nice to the FIM. Excellent looking plant for first attempt...even for a 10th attempt.

Thanks again all!:)

I'll keep posting pics at 1 week intervals for further advice.

She is a dandy -- just keep doing what you are doing -- you have the knack, my friend :)

Peace

Weekly update. Fem bubble is looking good. Bag weed a little behind but was started later then the fem.
resize.10102012.jpg resize2.10102012.jpg

Thanks for looking.

They are looking good!. I would spread the plants out some--give them some room all the way around rather than crowding the 3 all together in the center of the tent. This way, the entire plant gets good light.

Will do! The earlier pics they were on a riser to save me bending over but I needed to flip the floor over and removed the riser at the same time. Now they are on the floor spread out per your recommendation. Thanks for helping.

Today they got their weekly feeding, following gh3part bottle recommended "agressive vegitative growth 3-2-1 mix per us gallon." There have been small signs of nute burn. The trial bag weed plans have some different looks to the tham the bubblelicious after 3 weeks of following this bottle recommended schedule.

I was wondering if this difference of leaf color/ shape should be of some concern? The bagweed is for trial and learning and will be discarded at the first signs of problems to the bubble fem seed. (the bag weed was from really good stuff, I understand it maybe prone to hermi/ male but I wanted to use the space I had to get multiple plants to learn from. Same price for 3 plants in 4x4 space as 1, as far as electricity goes.)

bagweed, 2 seperate plants. resz1.jpg
resz2.jpgresz3.jpg

The single Bubble fem front and back shots
reszb1.jpgreszb2.jpg

They are all on the same feeding schedule. The first pics are the bagweed and the cut leaves are from another attempt at fim for practice.

Feeding schedule is 2 gal of gh3 part as mentioned above for all 3 plants, 1 feeding a week. With the 2 gallons worth divided between all 3 plants nutes/water run out and are soaked back into soil so pots are not standing in water. It happens within 2 hours. It takes 6 days till pots seem light enough and soil is dry to the touch about a inch down, then I feed again On the 7th day.

Tell me what you see.

Also, I'm as colorblind as a dog. The wife lays out all my important outfits since she says "Dude, that won't work." and is always right.

Color, is not my forte' but the leaf curl/ discoloration on the bag weed makes me wonder if there is something to learn.

you have a fan blowing in the room or on the plants? looks like a tid bit of heat stress. if the airflow is stagnant heat will build up around the leaves closest to the light. if they cant replace the moisture as fast as it evaporates, the cell walls will damage and the leaves begin to curl upwards. i see your using a HOt5 so simply moving it up just a tad will do the trick. i know i sometimes get this problem if i dont visit my room in a couple of days. they can really grow fast when well feed in veg stage.

its nothing to worry to much about at the stage its at currently

EDIT:

whats your avg temp in the room?

i just took another look at pics and it seems the 2 bagseed plants aren't anywhere near close to the t5's. the bagseed might be more sensitive to heat then the bubble fem

avg. high temp is 77 degrees. yes fan in tent. maybe the bagweed is more heat sensitive.

Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Back